Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2437 posts

Re: PS3 now upgradable to ((((1TB)))) Toshiba releases new compatible internal HD

Feb 14, 2011

Photos and music are loading noticeably faster - specially thumbnails. But load times for games like Oblivion or Fallout are almost unchanged  - instead of one minute you will get 50 seconds - it still sucks.....

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 17 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
253 posts

Re: PS3 now upgradable to ((((1TB)))) Toshiba releases new compatible internal HD

Feb 14, 2011

xBarbarian wrote:

This is not true - 7200 will not cause any heating problems. And SSD will give no benefits at all!! PS3 has SATA1 that is to slow to profit from SSD performance, plus PS3 hardware is in generally to slow

I had also for some months SSD in my ps3 - really it makes no sense.

you wrong, just visit this link:

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-load-times-significantly-reduced-by-ps3-ssd-upgrade/

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 17 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2437 posts

Feb 16, 2011

update installs faster - so who cares? Load times duding game are like 20% shorter - this is nothing

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 17 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
45 posts

Feb 16, 2011

So I can upgrade my ps3 HDD without breaking Sonys terms of services? If so I am down. Oh yea and transfer all my info over

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 17 (61 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Feb 16, 2011

xBarbarian wrote:

update installs faster - so who cares? Load times duding game are like 20% shorter - this is nothing

Loading times are overall shorter. It makes the game feel more responsive.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 17 (61 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 18, 2011

Not so sure about this anymore -

"You agree that you will not use any unauthorized hardware, including  peripherals not sold or licensed by a Sony company such as, by way of  example only, non-licensed game enhancement devices, controllers,  adaptors and power supply devices (collectively, “Non-Licensed  Peripherals”) or software to access or use Sony Online Services or any  content or service provided on or through Sony Online Services."

Pretty sure my HDD is not licensed by Sony, and neither is this one. So nice of them to be so vague.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 17 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Feb 18, 2011

TBreit wrote:

Not so sure about this anymore -

"You agree that you will not use any unauthorized hardware, including  peripherals not sold or licensed by a Sony company such as, by way of  example only, non-licensed game enhancement devices, controllers,  adaptors and power supply devices (collectively, “Non-Licensed  Peripherals”) or software to access or use Sony Online Services or any  content or service provided on or through Sony Online Services."

Pretty sure my HDD is not licensed by Sony, and neither is this one. So nice of them to be so vague.

Sony intentionally made the HDD user upgradeable.  Sony does not make/license harddrives.  The system requires a harddrive.  Sony themselves use a variety of HDDs in each iteration of the PS3.

Sony makes it clear that they are not responsible if you upgrade/change your HDD.  If the original HDD goes bad, within the warranty period, they will repair/replace.  If your upgraded HDD goes bad, they cannot help you.

An HDD in no way is a like a peripheral in the sense that it can be authorized or unathorized, and it is definitely not software.

Any software you put on the HDD could be an issue, but not the HDD itself.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 17 (61 Views)
0 Likes