Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1858 posts

Re: PS3 or PS4

Apr 3, 2013

Mass effect 3 is my last ps3 game for sure, Agree with you to. No games this year have really caught my eye so I'm just saving up for the ps4 and Drive Club :smileyhappy:

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 31 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Apr 3, 2013

I never had a PS3, and with the thought that I'd have to repurchase digitally any of my PS/PS2 games to play on PS3, I'm going to just wait for PS4. I'm sure they'll have a way to play PS, PS2, and PS3 games (probably using Gaikai), just won't be able to use your disks. So I'll just hold out. 

Add to that, that the PS4 will add to my PS Vita's functionality.

So yeah, no PS3 even with it's vast library for me. PS4 and I'll wait for the Sony exclusives to be playable on it, as I've probably played every other game worth playing on the 360.

Hope that made sense.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 31 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8168 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Elite-Kashy wrote:
remember this, new consoles are always glitchy and over priced (sorry sony but its the truth). my personal opinion. get the new ps3, and hold off on the ps4 a year or two, let them wok out the glitches and flaws before you waste money,

Not the case with PS3.

The 60GB Phat is still the best version of PS3 and has more features and functions and ports then any other.

The launch PS4 may very well go the same route and have more then any future versions.

Also my 60GB PS3 was the most stable of any I have had since, and one of the 3 60Gb PS3's I have owned was quiter then any other PS3 out there.  Gotta love the disc slot sliding the disc straight in, not spinning it in like the cheaper ones do.

Love that sexy chrome trim, 4 USB ports, and the Phat PS3 actually takes up less room then the "Slim" version.

The slim is lighter and slightly skinnier but it is wider and deeper!!

All the slim PS3's I have owned have frozen within the first few days of use at least once.  My first 60GB PS3 didnt freeze for months after purchase.  (I think they had more usable memory back then though).

Even my current 60GB phat runs like a champ and has yet to freeze on me one time, fingers crossed.

60GB FTW!!!

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 31 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8168 posts

Apr 3, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

I never had a PS3, and with the thought that I'd have to repurchase digitally any of my PS/PS2 games to play on PS3, I'm going to just wait for PS4. I'm sure they'll have a way to play PS, PS2, and PS3 games (probably using Gaikai), just won't be able to use your disks. So I'll just hold out. 

So yeah, no PS3 even with it's vast library for me. PS4 and I'll wait for the Sony exclusives to be playable on it, as I've probably played every other game worth playing on the 360.

Hope that made sense.

Glad to see new members of the PS family, but its sad you missed all the incredible games on PS3 that can not be played on any other console out there.

Hopefully one day you can play them on PS4, way off in some theoretical future.

Just dont play the sequels until you play the originals!!!

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 31 (291 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Can't read your mind, don't know what you like. Shouldn't be up to me to tell you what to do with your money.
I get what I want, that should help.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 31 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

Phillyblunz wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:

Hope that made sense.

Glad to see new members of the PS family, but its sad you missed all the incredible games on PS3 that can not be played on any other console out there.

Hopefully one day you can play them on PS4, way off in some theoretical future.

Just dont play the sequels until you play the originals!!!

I'd hardly say I'm new to the PS family. Thanks though.

Been playing since PS didn't have an analog controller and they had DVD like cases. Had an arcade stick for PS and GT3 race wheel. I just never got around to getting a PS3, since I got a launch 360 (didn't feel like paying the high launch price for PS3 with having 5 kids).

Anolog on PSOne

Descent PS Case

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 31 (207 Views)
PlayStation MVP
47867 posts

Apr 4, 2013

Phillyblunz wrote:

Elite-Kashy wrote:
remember this, new consoles are always glitchy and over priced (sorry sony but its the truth). my personal opinion. get the new ps3, and hold off on the ps4 a year or two, let them wok out the glitches and flaws before you waste money,

Not the case with PS3.

The 60GB Phat is still the best version of PS3 and has more features and functions and ports then any other.

The launch PS4 may very well go the same route and have more then any future versions.

Also my 60GB PS3 was the most stable of any I have had since, and one of the 3 60Gb PS3's I have owned was quiter then any other PS3 out there.  Gotta love the disc slot sliding the disc straight in, not spinning it in like the cheaper ones do.

Love that sexy chrome trim, 4 USB ports, and the Phat PS3 actually takes up less room then the "Slim" version.

The slim is lighter and slightly skinnier but it is wider and deeper!!

All the slim PS3's I have owned have frozen within the first few days of use at least once.  My first 60GB PS3 didnt freeze for months after purchase.  (I think they had more usable memory back then though).

Even my current 60GB phat runs like a champ and has yet to freeze on me one time, fingers crossed.

60GB FTW!!!

This is the reason you can still find BROKEN 60 gigs selling for over 150 bucks on ebay.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 31 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
680 posts

Apr 4, 2013
It really depends on what you want. I'm pretty sure the PS4 at launch will be the PS4 a few years from now. I don't think it will shed features as time goes on like the PS3 did. That said, I'd go with the PS3. Tons of games, good price and lots of potential friends to meet online.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 31 (164 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13950 posts

Apr 4, 2013

Assuming you don't have the money for both, then get the PS3 first. There's more games for it and the PS4 will likey not as many launch titles available. So for the amount of games that are avaialble and will be available, the PS3 is the better choice. Yes the PS4 looks awsome, but it will likely take some time to get a good line-up of games. It always does with launch games. So yeah, get the PS3 now. Get into it and decide later if you want the PS4.

Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 31 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8168 posts

Apr 4, 2013

Also until we know for sure that you can play Starhawk on PS4, you must get a PS3 and this game.

I'll let you know when I approve of your PS4 ownership.

Hawkfan267 wrote:

dulun18 wrote:
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 31 (148 Views)
0 Likes