Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 17 2013
By: abhijtv Hekseville Citizen 368 posts

PS3 takes a LONG time to install games

29 replies 10618 views Edited Mar 17, 2013

So my PS3 takes a LONG time to install games. I have never properly timed it, but I think it is safe to say it takes more than 30 minutes and probably more to install a 14 GB game say. Is that TOO long or reasonable time?

What can I do to rectify this?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 30 (10,618 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17999 posts

Re: PS3 takes a LONG time to install games

Mar 17, 2013
The larger the file, the longer it takes to install on the system. I have no experience with files that large, but I wouldn't be surprised if it took that long to install such a large file.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 30 (10,615 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Mar 17, 2013

As lomg as it is normal, I'm ok. I don't wanna experience a crash to my PS3's hard drive, ya know.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 30 (10,613 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15142 posts

Mar 17, 2013

Its normal....

if you've ever played large PC games, its takes quite a while to install a 15-30Gb game

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 30 (10,595 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 17, 2013
I had same complaint because installing games of the same size on my pc only takes a fraction of the time. So one day I called PlayStation to ask why this was and the lady i talked to said it has to do with internet speed ROFL after trying to explain to her and she said she understood what I was talking to she still said it has to do with my internet speed she told me to call my ip and upgrade my serves if i wanted to instal games faster....

yes i told her installing NOT downloading but she was so sure she was starting to get angry with me lol

just though I would share my store I know it don't help but I hope you got a laugh out of it I know I did that's for sure
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 30 (10,569 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Mar 17, 2013

Bloodriven wrote:
I had same complaint because installing games of the same size on my pc only takes a fraction of the time. So one day I called PlayStation to ask why this was and the lady i talked to said it has to do with internet speed ROFL after trying to explain to her and she said she understood what I was talking to she still said it has to do with my internet speed she told me to call my ip and upgrade my serves if i wanted to instal games faster....

yes i told her installing NOT downloading but she was so sure she was starting to get angry with me lol

just though I would share my store I know it don't help but I hope you got a laugh out of it I know I did that's for sure

Those people are quite dumb. It is sad sometimes... :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 30 (10,564 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1102 posts

Mar 17, 2013

FYI if you queue up a lot of stuff to download it will keep downloading games and stuff if while you install and it will make the install take much longer as the HDD can't keep up with downloading stuff and installing at the same time.  Pause any queued up downloads before you install or wait till everything is downloaded before installing.  

gojeff99
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 30 (10,559 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Mar 17, 2013

I just want to confirm I have installed large games like 10GB and 14GB and they do take over 30 minutes to install

so glad the PS4 will allow us to download and play at the same time

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 30 (10,549 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Mar 17, 2013

I know what you mean. Some games could take a long time to install. It is annoying! lol

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 30 (10,545 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
879 posts

Mar 17, 2013

I feel your pain :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 30 (10,536 Views)
0 Likes