Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 15 2013
By: d281833 First Son 3 posts

PS3 wireless headset adapter

3 replies 108 views Edited May 15, 2013

So looks like the wireless headset adapter took a hit, won't light up anymore, doesn't connect obviously. Can these be replaced or repaired? Seems like a waste if not.

Message 1 of 4 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9891 posts

Re: PS3 wireless headset adapter

May 15, 2013
No they cannot. Unfortunatly they are only earmuffs now. Now before you go replacing your headphones with another pair, it might do you really good to read this faq.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/28705857/headphone-faq

There is some great information here and these people can be of great help.
Message 2 of 4 (104 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 15, 2013

So I know now it can't be replaced but you think these USB's can be fixed? Because of the length of them it got knocked down and bent a bit. Lit up for a bit then went out. I'm thinking maybe a wire or solder got broke.

Message 3 of 4 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9891 posts

May 15, 2013
You could try that but if not, its probably best to look into all your options before replacing. My honest advice to you would be to stay away from console headphone setups if at all possible since just like all other console accessories, they are not as good as people think and you end up with problems similar to the one you are currently having. Even Sennheiser which is top of the line has a "console" headphone setup and while it sounds great, its built extremely cheap.

Now to do things right, you are going to have to sacrifice wireless since there are very few options and the ones that are out there are pretty expensive. The best investment you can possibly make is the Astro Mixamp which is a little expensive at $130 but with this you can plug/play almost any headset with the playstation and Xbox. This will give you true. 7.1 Dolby Headphone technology. It will also give you the ability to use custom soundtracks on any game fir the PS3 by connecting your cell phone or MP3 player. If that is too expensive, there are other options as well such as the Turtle Beach DSS2 and an inexpensive adaptor or just the adaptor for stereo sound. For headphones, your best bet is to go with a pair of open back/open air audio headphones thst have a good soundstage and use an external mic. Good brands are Sennheiser, AKG, Sony or any brand listed in that faq I linked above.
Message 4 of 4 (71 Views)
0 Likes