First Son
3 posts

Re: PS3 wireless stereo headset Wifi connection problems

Oct 1, 2011

LOL! I had the exact same problem, i just got my ps3 headset yesterday and was wondering why i was constantly being logged out of psn, to the point i thought the psn was under attack again.  Then i figured out the headset was causing the problem as this didnt happen when i tried logging on with the headset off.

i tried switching channels on my router (cisco linksys e3000) from auto to every single channel... Nothing worked.  I tried using a usb extension, like you said and... Voila! Problem solved! Thanks!

I actually used the rockband usb extension, so yeah it's not nice to look at, but hey, it works.

Message 11 of 16 (1,100 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 3, 2013

how can i change the channel on my router 

Message 12 of 16 (918 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1645 posts

Mar 7, 2013
Does anyone know what channel the Headset uses?

SG-17SG-17
Message 13 of 16 (830 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 14, 2013

I actually had the same exact issue as the OP tonight for the first time, but I did just install a new Asus router recently. So need to expirement with which channels work best. Thanks to all that posted in this thread.

Actually I have an app on my Mac that analyzes all WiFi networks in any given area, tells you what channel they are on, etc., I now am wondering if when I turn the headset on, it would show up? If so, I can find out the exact channel it uses.

I will post back if I can find the channel. 

Message 14 of 16 (807 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 5, 2013
Someone on another forum said that disabling the media server worked for them. And it did for me too! Within 10min of me using my brand new headphones I knew something wasn't right. I couldn't log into black ops 2 and was getting 'connection interrupted' in games all the time.

But go settings-network settings-media server-disable. I had solid performance after that. Failing this I was going to change my wifi channel on the router, but seems to be fine now.
Message 15 of 16 (635 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
3364 posts

Sep 6, 2013

Thread locked due to necroposting (resurrecting old, dead threads). Please feel free to start a new conversation on this topic. Thanks!

Message 16 of 16 (624 Views)
0 Likes