Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 21 2013
By: ignacioals First Son 1 posts
Accepted Solution

PS4 Controller

10 replies 261 views Edited Jun 21, 2013
Sony, this is a honest suggestion for the new PS4, i like the new controller triggers, the touch pad, and the way it feels in my hand, but there is something i never liked about ps controllers, the position of the thumb sticks, i know the controller its actually not finished, and thats why i want to tell you my idea, put the left thumb stick where the dpad is, i think this would be a lot better for shooter and racing games, and it would also be more confortable. I hope you read this and do something. Thank you
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (261 Views)
Splicer
80 posts

Re: PS4 Controller

Jun 21, 2013
wouldn't it then be like a 360 control? its fine the way it is. you can always buy third party controllers. which im sure will be coming out for ps4.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (249 Views)
MVP Support
5880 posts

Jun 21, 2013

You can share your idea here:

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

New Support Signature

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Jun 21, 2013

I don't think Sony reads these forums.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2487 posts

Jun 21, 2013

As I just posted in this thread:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/For-Those-Switching-From-M-to-Sony/td-p/4...

Just wait until 3rd parties make a XBoxesque PS4 controller. Because it's rather unlikely that PlayStation would change from the iconic Dualshock anytime soon.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (218 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 21, 2013

I wouldn't want the layout of the DS4 changed. It might as well be a XB controller at that point; plus the defining shape of the DualShock would have to change to accommodate the layout change. They also mentioned that changing the layout to a more Xbox type would cause issues with the left thumb grazing the touchpad, which is also clickable and would likely cause issues.

I don't feel that I'm alone in this either; if an Xbox layout is what you want, many 3rd parties make these for the PS3 and I'm sure they will continue to do so for the PS4.

photo original_zpsea449412.png
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (202 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 7, 2013

why should we have to go out and buy 3rd party controllers for somethjng they know is a problem but refuse to fix. ya, it would be like a 360 controller, but thats why 3rd party controllers for ps3 all look like 360 controllers. because the 360 controller is hands down better!!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (167 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24681 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Demonicsquid12 wrote:

why should we have to go out and buy 3rd party controllers for somethjng they know is a problem but refuse to fix. ya, it would be like a 360 controller, but thats why 3rd party controllers for ps3 all look like 360 controllers. because the 360 controller is hands down better!!

Because it's not a "problem" simply because you don't like it, and "make it like the 360 controller, that way I don't have to get used to something different, because I don't have the attention span to adapt" isn't a valid justification for changing what's been a PROVEN design for the last two decades.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9671 posts

Jul 7, 2013

ITz_NateTheApe wrote:

I wouldn't want the layout of the DS4 changed. It might as well be a XB controller at that point; plus the defining shape of the DualShock would have to change to accommodate the layout change. They also mentioned that changing the layout to a more Xbox type would cause issues with the left thumb grazing the touchpad, which is also clickable and would likely cause issues.

I don't feel that I'm alone in this either; if an Xbox layout is what you want, many 3rd parties make these for the PS3 and I'm sure they will continue to do so for the PS4.

that issue could be easily remedied 

>

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Jul 7, 2013
I like the way the PS3 controller feels, except for the L2 and R2 buttons I feel like they should be more square in the back. I hate how the buttons hang off the controller on the back. I'm hearing good things about the PS4 controller, I don't mind the thumbsticks being together I like it.
 photo sig_zps8bd32844.jpg
Reformed Xbox Player (6/23/13)
Online/Co-op: Battlefield 3 - Saints Row 3 - Killzone 2&3 - LittleBigPlanet Racing - FFXIV [Beta]
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (143 Views)
0 Likes