Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
2 posts

Re: PS4 - Does it play 3D Blu Ray ?

Oct 17, 2013
3D is a passing fad? Lmao. If you say so. If it was 'passing' they wouldnt be making more 3D movies now than ever. Just because you dont like it, doesnt mean its a passing fad. 3D is here to stay and will be a HUGE part in future virtual reality gaming (Oculus Rift, CastAR, etc..)
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 50 (1,030 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Oct 17, 2013
I rent 3D movies from Vudu, PSN store, and 3DGO if you have apps on your Vizio. I have the new M-series 50in and love watching 3D movies.
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 50 (1,028 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Oct 17, 2013
i friggin love 3d
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 50 (1,026 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2352 posts

Oct 17, 2013

Phillyblunzz wrote:

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

ToramaruTaiga wrote:

I also saw some `passive` 3D on a very new large SONY 55-inch TV today in 3D in an electronics store today, and I assure you it is not as good as Active shutter 3D on the VG278H Asus monitor.

That really is something to behold.

The SONY is ok though, if you like slightly lower resolution and quality. 

I keep dreaming that Toshiba will give up on viewing angle and bring out a set of glasses-free 3D TVs which you actually sit in front of and stop complaining about viewing angle (so all the head-tracking technology isn`t required) So the PRICE COMES DOWN.

But thats a dream.... for now. 

I did a ton of reseach on Active VS Passive 3D Before buying my 3D TV and I came to discover that the difference between the two is minimal and I would rather watch 3D TV w/ out having to wear glasses that require battery's to operate. Passive 3D glasses are very light and you cant even tell you have them on after awhile compared to the weight of active 3D glasses which after worn for awhile ( like a long movie ) will start to get uncomfortable

Yeah for the most part passive is fine or better in many ways, no flicker, less ghosting compared to LCD active shutter beyond 40", Less expensive so more can enjoy at once, better viewing angles, I hear less people complain about headaches, etc.

As long as you dont sit super close to see the resolution loss passive is more then good enough.

But I sit about 7ft away from my 61" 3DTV, so I had to go with shutter, luckily the main problems with active shutter dont really present on my tv because of its ultra fast response times (Far less then 1ms).  So i get no ghosting, flicker, or noticable resolution drop.

For flat screens I would think Plasma or OLED would have the best active shutter, although I dont like plasma and OLED apparently has a lot of growing to do before it can replace old faithful.  I hear OLED has burn in, and the colors degrade more quickley then with LED/LCD for some reason.

Basically I am so glad i grabbed the tv i did before they were discontinued way back in 2007.

I sit about 10 1/2 feet from my 47" LG 3D TV and I have never had headache problems and thats after waching a ton of 3D stuff right after I got the TV and through long movies like The Hobbit. 

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 50 (1,022 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Oct 17, 2013

I don't like to play 3D games because the frames drop and I get crosstalk , but the movies in 3D are amazing  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 50 (1,013 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2013

@Teus... " the only difference is the data encoded on the disc.."

Thats a WRONG!!!  It´s not just the firmware - it´s also the hardware...!

Also the PS3 does not support real 3D. It only has a HDMI 1.3 connection, but for perfect 3D you need at least HDMI 1.4. So it just emulates - which does my TV as well. The PS4 has HDMI 1.4 support so it will support real 3D.

You can see the reference right here:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Definition_Multimedia_Interface

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 50 (958 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9312 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2013
Ii was talking about the discs themselves when I said that... There is nothing physically different between a disc that contains a 3d version of a movie compared to a 2d version of the movie...

Ps.. 1.3 does support 3d ,if it didn't it wouldn't work... Period... And I would not put my full faith in what is found on Wikipedia since anyone could come in and edit it

More info,, while 1.3 does support 3d it can't do it at the highest resolution of 1080p so it's done at 1080i
>

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 50 (952 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5077 posts

Oct 23, 2013

I hate 3D movies honestly it makes me really dizzy I just stick to HD movies / blue ray a lot easier to see in HD that's why I love my HD tv

photo jogo-watch-dogs-signature-edition-ps3-1_zps43a78ce3.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 50 (949 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 25, 2013
The ps4 will NOT support 3d. Their focus is more 4k technology.
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 50 (900 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9312 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2013
It's been confirmed ac4 supports 3d, and it's also been confirmed by Sony it will support 3d it's just not a focus anymore..m they did state however that it will do a better job at it ..
>

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 50 (898 Views)
0 Likes