Aug 28 2013
By: Prince_Serlith First Son 27 posts

PS4 Dynamic Menu

7 replies 897 views Edited Aug 28, 2013

With the coverage heavily on the PS4's Hardware and software capabilities. The question remains about how the new version of the XMB or dynamic menu will operate. As far as we have become a custom to the PS3's XMB, the apps and features it offers. I'm pretty sure its safe to say that there are features that are wanted with the PS4.

The fate with these features and services

1. Media Server 
2. Dynamic themes and Wallpaper

3. Music (including streaming services)

4.  Web browser with HTML5 and Flash support

5+ Playstation Home/ Life with Playstation 

Message 1 of 8 (897 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13183 posts

Re: PS4 Dynamic Menu

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2013

Almost all of them returns...expect Life with PlayStation (since it discontinue) but as with PS Home...unknown at the time

but here what PDM looks like (if i spell it right)

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 2 of 8 (869 Views)
First Son
27 posts

Aug 29, 2013

I do hope so. I figured life with playstation was a bust but the channels under it was also a interesting concept. Like the planet view showing global news and weather. 

And watching the gamescon video of the PDM doesn't show the Music, Pictures, and Videos, Icons

uploading your own music - a feature not used enough for game that had a short playlist.

Uploading your own pictures - showcasing them when family and or friends come over. or just having as a background wallpaper

Videos uploading or storing your own favorite movies or clips for quick easy access.

Media Server - I know its not offical but PS3 Media Server was/ is a great tool to stream your content from your computer to the system allowing you to watch  and listen to things without transfering them to the system.

Much appreciated for replying to this thread and providing that info ^.^

Message 3 of 8 (819 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3546 posts

Aug 29, 2013

Prince_Serlith wrote:

I do hope so. I figured life with playstation was a bust but the channels under it was also a interesting concept. Like the planet view showing global news and weather. 

And watching the gamescon video of the PDM doesn't show the Music, Pictures, and Videos, Icons

uploading your own music - a feature not used enough for game that had a short playlist.

Uploading your own pictures - showcasing them when family and or friends come over. or just having as a background wallpaper

Videos uploading or storing your own favorite movies or clips for quick easy access.

Media Server - I know its not offical but PS3 Media Server was/ is a great tool to stream your content from your computer to the system allowing you to watch  and listen to things without transfering them to the system.

Much appreciated for replying to this thread and providing that info ^.^

I loved tht life with playstaton feature. I started my mornings with that each day. I hope they bring something like that back.

Message 4 of 8 (805 Views)
First Son
27 posts

Aug 29, 2013

I'm hoping that they make a PShome for PS4. Though i do have to agree that Life with Playstation was quite nice.

Message 5 of 8 (775 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

Aug 29, 2013
Home is gone. I don't recall where the article is from. But someone from Sony confirmed no home.
Message 6 of 8 (736 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9712 posts

Aug 30, 2013
The menu looks cool but I can see it getting laggy and slow. I hope not though.
Message 7 of 8 (702 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13183 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2013

Big_D_from_CT wrote:
Home is gone. I don't recall where the article is from. But someone from Sony confirmed no home.

Find the article then post it here to inform us http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/bd-p/22046

also, Home is still in XMB...it's not gone yet. 

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 8 of 8 (687 Views)
0 Likes