Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Jun 17 2013
By: Ukrainetrain87 First Son 6 posts
Offline

PS4 / Headsets

23 replies 1137 views Edited Jun 17, 2013

Will we be able to use our Turtle Beach headsets on the PS4.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (1,137 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/13/2013
Offline
92 posts
 

Re: PS4 / Headsets

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

I am curious also, I have a pair of Astro A40's I hope I don't have to do anything with the make it work.

Edit, does it even have optical? ._.

I know the revised 360 canned it.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (1,130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 06/12/2013
Offline
5448 posts
 

Re: PS4 / Headsets

Jun 17, 2013

MooseWI wrote:

I am curious also, I have a pair of Astro A40's I hope I don't have to do anything with the make it work.

Edit, does it even have optical? ._.

I know the revised 360 canned it.


PS4 ports


Here's the back of the PS4 - note the optical output. :smileyhappy:

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (1,113 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 08/28/2008
Online
7976 posts
 

Re: PS4 / Headsets

Jun 17, 2013

If your headset uses the Optical output, it will work with the PS4.

 

If it uses the A/V Multiport, it will not (the PS4 dropped the A/V Multiport).

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (1,100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/27/2010
Offline
3468 posts
 

Re: PS4 / Headsets

Jun 17, 2013

My Pulse headset uses a USB to connect with a system, doesn't that mean it should be compatible with the PS4?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (1,081 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 08/28/2008
Online
7976 posts
 

Re: PS4 / Headsets

Jun 17, 2013

jayjay275 wrote:

My Pulse headset uses a USB to connect with a system, doesn't that mean it should be compatible with the PS4?


It should be, but Sony hasn't specifically stated so, yet.

 

It works perfectly with my MacBook (which also has USB 3.0), so the USB on the PS4 won't be a problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (1,078 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/27/2010
Offline
3468 posts
 

Re: PS4 / Headsets

Jun 17, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

jayjay275 wrote:

My Pulse headset uses a USB to connect with a system, doesn't that mean it should be compatible with the PS4?


It should be, but Sony hasn't specifically stated so, yet.

 

It works perfectly with my MacBook (which also has USB 3.0), so the USB on the PS4 won't be a problem.


In this case then, it should obviously work. If not they have probably decided to do a firmware update, blocking old headsets. -_-

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (1,074 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 04/12/2006
Online
2068 posts
 

Re: PS4 / Headsets

Jun 17, 2013

jayjay275 wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

jayjay275 wrote:

My Pulse headset uses a USB to connect with a system, doesn't that mean it should be compatible with the PS4?


It should be, but Sony hasn't specifically stated so, yet.

 

It works perfectly with my MacBook (which also has USB 3.0), so the USB on the PS4 won't be a problem.


In this case then, it should obviously work. If not they have probably decided to do a firmware update, blocking old headsets. -_-


Richard Ho commented said on the blog they testing them. Source. Comment #9

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (1,065 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/27/2010
Offline
3468 posts
 

Re: PS4 / Headsets

Jun 17, 2013

Good find!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (1,061 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/13/2010
Offline
12 posts
 

Re: PS4 / Headsets

Jun 17, 2013

There's also the headset port on the PS4 controller, for those who use a wired headset all you will need is a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter

I'm disappointed they dropped the AV out

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (1,052 Views)
Reply
0 Likes