Jun 17 2013
By: Aztec_MC Survivor 2532 posts

PS4 In-Game Music **Priority #1**

6 replies 282 views Edited Jun 17, 2013

On 10-14-2007 11:59PM, I wrote "The only thing PS3 lacks, is in-game music." 

On 7-2-2008 Sony released Firmware Update 2.40. It was a mega update in response to people like me, pleading for in-game music. Eric Lempel on the PS Blog had a 10 minute video showing the new in-game xmb. Then, he literally used the in-game xmb to play in-game music over a few games. This was promised, but in-game music was removed from Firmware 2.40.

On 6-10-2013 Sony revealed PS4... The million dollar question is, "Does it have in-game music?"

This is a fair question that nobody has asked. I'm asking it.

**If you did NOT have facial hair in 2007 then this Thread is not for you! Warning: writing "up to devs" will expose the TROLLS. This is a thread for adults who are interested in the possibilites of the PS4... If you love Atari 2600 anti-music technology, this is NOT for you.**

Photobucket

Monthly Subscription for Online Multiplayer is an Xbox Policy

Message 1 of 7 (282 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5463 posts

Re: PS4 In-Game Music **Priority #1**

Jun 17, 2013

This is a feature that is an absolute must.  I don't change the soundtrack of many games, but, I do for multiplayer, and the XMB's failure at background media playback is the one drawback of the PS3 for me so far.  Hoping they learned to fix this moving forward.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 2 of 7 (261 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Jun 17, 2013

I remember using this feature playing Killzone 2 on PS3

Although the idea is great, I can see a few negatives of this eg. hearing other players background music through their mics/headsets

Message 3 of 7 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Jun 17, 2013

i personally agree, this really REALLY (are you listening Sony?) needs to happen with the ps4. there is no reason why it cant happen, xbox 360 peps already get to do this. So dont say , we cant. instead just do. I prefer my own personal musical tastes over anny ive ever heard on any game.  I really want to b able to upload my own music and listen to it while i play my games. The music that comes on games is always lackluster at best. half the time , if i dont have an option to turn the music off, i have to almost mute my tv just so i dont have to hear it . Please Sony , bring this to the ps4!!!

Message 4 of 7 (226 Views)
Wastelander
944 posts

Jun 17, 2013

It would be a cool feature to have, but my Ipod thats plugged into speakers work just fine for me

Message 5 of 7 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Jun 17, 2013

gatorman865 wrote:

It would be a cool feature to have, but my Ipod thats plugged into speakers work just fine for me

well thats all well and good, however everyones sound systems arent set up to do that, mine is run thru my blue ray player, which will play an ipod, but it wont play an ipod and show the video game at same time. therefore i dont have that type of option. and yes i know the playstation has a blue ray player. however it doesnt have my superb surroun sound  that came with it.Not to mention i got it for hardly nothing in the first place. My point is, not everyone can just play their ipod. if the music is in the game , and u want to hear any game action , u gonna have to have it up loud enough ull end up hearing the games music also. this would be a way around that. where u could ony hear ur music, and the game play at same time.without anything else.i think it needs to be added. xflop users have had it already in current gen..... no reason next gen cant have it.

Message 6 of 7 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
944 posts

Jun 17, 2013

poohty_t wrote:

gatorman865 wrote:

well thats all well and good, however everyones sound systems arent set up to do that, mine is run thru my blue ray player, which will play an ipod, but it wont play an ipod and show the video game at same time. therefore i dont have that type of option. and yes i know the playstation has a blue ray player. however it doesnt have my superb surroun sound  that came with it.Not to mention i got it for hardly nothing in the first place. My point is, not everyone can just play their ipod. if the music is in the game , and u want to hear any game action , u gonna have to have it up loud enough ull end up hearing the games music also. this would be a way around that. where u could ony hear ur music, and the game play at same time.without anything else.i think it needs to be added. xflop users have had it already in current gen..... no reason next gen cant have it.

I agree. If they do add it, I'll use it.

Message 7 of 7 (211 Views)
0 Likes