Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 28 2013
By: deaofly PlayStation MVP 3124 posts

PS4 Is 'Very Important' To PS Vita

19 replies 454 views Edited Feb 28, 2013
Even though some of you don't care for the PlayStation 4, this is still some good news for Vita owners who might want a PS4.

"I think it was a big, big step for PS Vita, what was announced"

Published on Feb 27, 2013 Sony says PlayStation 4 will be 'very' important for PS Vita, describing the announcement of the console as a 'big, big step' for Sony's handheld.

Fergal Gara, PlayStation UK boss, was talking to NowGamer about PS4 when we asked him how important PS Vita will be for the new console.

"How important is it to PS4? I almost feel in a way, it’s how important is PlayStation 4 to PS Vita. I think the answer there is very.

"I think it was a big, big step for PS Vita, what was announced last night. We often use the adage PS Vita was aiming to be a PS3 in your pocket. What we saw last night is actually, it’s more than that. It’s a PS4 in your pocket.

"But PlayStation Vita plays an important role, I guess, in the broader integrated ecosystem if you like. The things that will be possible on Vita will go above and beyond what will be possible on companion app stuff on iOS and Android because of its power and capability."

PS Vita hasn't had the best of starts, so it'll be interesting to see how Sony pushes the handheld now PlayStation 4 has been announced. Will its marketing strategy change at all? We'll see soon enough.

Here's the link http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1826662/ps4_is_very_important_to_ps_vita_sony.html
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 1 of 20 (454 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Re: PS4 Is 'Very Important' To PS Vita

Feb 28, 2013

Thanks for the find, if this comes up to be true, this might mean some big news for the vita.

Message 2 of 20 (447 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
496 posts

Feb 28, 2013

More connectivity between both systems I think! Play Vita on PS4, play PS4 on Vita! Now as far as Games aren't concerned, Vita needs the apps to make it not another "Andriod Device." Bringing Home to it, Music and Video Unlimited. A share feature prehaps like the PS4 will have would be cool! :smileyvery-happy:

photo GTASig.jpg
Message 3 of 20 (432 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3124 posts

Feb 28, 2013
I know with all the buzz going on I figure it would shed some light on things, even if its small news. E3 just can't come any sooner haha
Message 4 of 20 (415 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 28, 2013
very exciting
Message 5 of 20 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2511 posts

Feb 28, 2013
If you plan in owning a PS4, sure. To me, very exciting would be to learn that Sony has a lot more games coming for the PSV~.
Message 6 of 20 (372 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3124 posts

Feb 28, 2013
I'm hoping for something besides Killzone mercenary in September. I'm pretty sure E3 will show alot more Vita games coming out. Some of the games probably just isn't ready to show off right now, Hoping to have a great holiday line up.
Message 7 of 20 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
582 posts

Feb 28, 2013
We still haven't seen anything from Rockstar Games. I hope they finally show what they been working on at this year E3.
Message 8 of 20 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2511 posts

Feb 28, 2013
I doubt RG is working on anything PSV related; if they'd, we'd have heard of it by now. After the Bioshock fiasco, Sony needs all the third party support advertisement that they can get. However, what I mean is, they posted last week that every first party company Sony owns is working on the PS4. So, where does that leave the PSV? Or rather, how come they weren't all working on the PSV so that it wouldn't have such a rough year~?

Just some decisions (and lack of news) that honestly baffle me~.
Message 9 of 20 (354 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:
If you plan in owning a PS4, sure. To me, very exciting would be to learn that Sony has a lot more games coming for the PSV~.

agree it would be even more exciting to see more games coming for the vita instade the PSV turning into PS4 accessory, and if that

happen I guess I will be done with sony because I bought a Console not an accessory for a future console. Look at Nintendo they don't tell their customers who bought the 3DS that their "future console is very important to the 3DS" like sony does , and don't get me wrong here I don't like the 3DS and there is no way I'm going to buy one I like sony and I like their handheld devices the psp was really great and now the PSV is even greater, so why sony don't treat the vita in same way that Nintendo treating the 3DS , right now I only feel sony is telling me this : (PS4 Is 'Very Important' To PS Vita) then what about the people who don't plan on getting PS4 or the people who even can't get PS4 for different reasons are the ports the only thing we are going to get for the PSV ? I know now we are waiting for KZ and another 1-2 cool games but what about future plans for the vita other than the ps4 is important to the vita I really wish we can hear something from sony about the vita without mentioning the PS4 lol

Message 10 of 20 (349 Views)