Survivor
2688 posts

Re: Move or Move2.0, that is the Q ??

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2013

i also think the shape of the MOVE should be more ergonomic - like an actual joystick or a pistol grip.

like these

Sony twin analog joystick

why not make a new model of this also, ..silly Smiley Tongue, ....or is it ?

Message 21 of 25 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2688 posts

Re: Move or Move2.0, that is the Q ??

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2013

SONY Twin Analog Joystick

A new one of these with a large clickable touchpad in the middle could be cool if they are not going to make MOVE2.0 ??

Message 22 of 25 (212 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1573 posts

Re: PS4 !!!! - MOVE 2.0 Controller for PS4

Aug 2, 2013

Blennerville wrote:

It has been officially confirmed that the PS Move controllers will be compatablewith the PS4 but I think SONY should release Move2.0 for PS4.

I liked the idea of the MOVE and thought it had the potential to allow for the creation of innovative new game mechanics.

However I feel the current MOVE controllers are a bit limited. Sony made the same mistake with the MOVE as they did with the PSP.

The fact that you needed to have 2 motion controllers + 1 navigation controller is a real hinderance.

- The fact that the navigation controller didnt have a motion ball was a mistake - This prevented the MOVE from being a good alternative controller(s) to a Dual Shock, thus limiting it to more casual games.

The improved MOVE 2.0

- Basically - a Dual Shock split in half - One MOVE controller acting as the Left side and the 2nd acting as the Right side.

- Two controllers is all you need - (Navigation and Motion combined in a single controller).

- Both controllers identical ( but one acts as a D-pad, other acts as face buttons)- Only one type of controller design for ease of manufacture.

/>

LEFT SIDE of Dual Shock (D-pad)               RIGHT SIDE of Dual Shock (Buttons)

my MOVE 2.0 design  2   Jpeg.JPG

The "A" is a replacement for the clickable touchpad on DS4. "Start" and "Select" to be replaced by "Options" and "Share".

original Image source

http://ryodestined.deviantart.com/art/Perfect-PS-Move-Controller-187678706

This would allow the MOVE 2.0 controllers to be used as a replacement for the dual shock, (even if the motion capabilities weren't utilized) and it would also be far easier to make games to support and utilize MOVE 2.0 compared to MOVE 1.0.

Move 2.0 would be able to portray a much more realistic and fluid simulation using the twin motion+joy sticks.

To me its like comparing the VITA's two analog sticks to the PSP's one analog stick.

What do you think, should SONY release MOVE 2.0 ??

Ugh horrible design.. 

Message 23 of 25 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2688 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2013

^^ its  just a concept, not like its the final design or anything.

Message 24 of 25 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2688 posts

Aug 3, 2013

These are PS MOVE controller peripherals that combines the motion and navigation controllers into one - so you are essentially holding 4 controllers - 2 controllers per hand.

The DualPLAY Motion Controller Peripheral for PS MOVE.

Message 25 of 25 (174 Views)
0 Likes