Jul 28 2013
By: Blennerville Survivor 2689 posts

PS4 !!!! - MOVE 2.0 Controller Revealed!!!!

[ Edited ]
24 replies 5412 views Edited Aug 3, 2013

It has been officially confirmed that the PS Move controllers will be compatablewith the PS4 but I think SONY should release Move2.0 for PS4.

I liked the idea of the MOVE and thought it had the potential to allow for the creation of innovative new game mechanics.

However I feel the current MOVE controllers are a bit limited. Sony made the same mistake with the MOVE as they did with the PSP.

The fact that you needed to have 2 motion controllers + 1 navigation controller is a real hinderance.

- The fact that the navigation controller didnt have a motion ball was a mistake - This prevented the MOVE from being a good alternative controller(s) to a Dual Shock, thus limiting it to more casual games.

The improved MOVE 2.0

- Basically - a Dual Shock split in half - One MOVE controller acting as the Left side and the 2nd acting as the Right side.

- Two controllers is all you need - (Navigation and Motion combined in a single controller).

- Both controllers identical ( but one acts as a D-pad, other acts as face buttons)- Only one type of controller design, for ease of manufacture.

/>

LEFT SIDE of Dual Shock (D-pad)               RIGHT SIDE of Dual Shock (Buttons)

my MOVE 2.0 design  2   Jpeg.JPG

original Image source

http://ryodestined.deviantart.com/art/Perfect-PS-Move-Controller-187678706

Just a concept image.

The "A" and "B" are additional buttons instead of the clickable touchpad on a Dual Shock 4. "Start" and "Select" to be replaced by "Options" and "Share".

The DualPLAY PS MOVE Peripheral

These combines both the motion and navigation controllers into one device - you are holding 2 controllers in one hand - so you  holding 4 controllers total.

Basically what im looking for

This would allow the MOVE 2.0 controllers to be used as a replacement for the dual shock, (even if the motion capabilities weren't utilized) and it would also be far easier to make games to support and utilize MOVE 2.0 compared to MOVE 1.0.

Move 2.0 would be able to portray a much more realistic and fluid simulation using the twin motion+joy sticks creating a much more immersive experience.

To me its like comparing the VITA's two analog sticks to the PSP's one analog stick.

What do you think, should SONY release MOVE 2.0 ??

Message 1 of 25 (5,412 Views)
Sackboy
485 posts

Re: Move or Move 2.0, that is the Q ??

Jul 28, 2013

I think the way they did it before is fine.  I haven't tried it out my self but it seems like the most logical way to do FPS on motion control.  

Message 2 of 25 (5,398 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Jul 28, 2013
what do you mean ??
Message 3 of 25 (5,386 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Jul 29, 2013
any opinions
Message 4 of 25 (5,354 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3748 posts

Jul 29, 2013

We were just having a discussion about this with the Sorcery game and the lack of camera controls. The move wand would really benefit from a an analog stick. The image is exactly what I had in mind. I hope that Sony adds and analog stick to the move wand. A little off topic but move controls and Oculus Rift would be a marriage made in heaven!

Message 5 of 25 (5,351 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

Jul 29, 2013
ya i was going to bring up Oculus Rift but i said i keep it focused. I think Sony should release Move2.0 and make the move1.0 uncompatable with PS4.
Message 6 of 25 (5,338 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Re: Move or Move2.0, that is the Q ??

Jul 29, 2013
I love the new updates they have made to the new ps camera and fixed things previous owners complained about but saddly the controller hasnt changed at all. sure the move controller isnt that bad but it needs a update and sure they probly wanted to keep old one compatible to save gamers money for now. Early in ps4 rumors there was talks of an update and even patents posted of new updated tech even a break in two ps4 controller that served as both move and duleshock. As i look at what sony has done with ps4 duelshock 4 and new camera i hope one of these patens come to light. When sony first brought move to ps3 it showed how it could out do nintendos wii remote in every way. By 1 to 1 motion and even to go farther by using two controllers for motion in each hand. Just like shown in sport champion 1 with the dueling game. With that came promise of a great control scheme that rivals anything that had been done. But sadly we saw no one use it and we got stuck with a nav controler like wii nunchuck. for me i would love to see at least a true left hand controller with full motion control as the right and get rid of the navigation controller. we still havent goten the full breakdown of what exactly the new camera is capable of but its looks to improve and add hd along with voice recognition to keep it current. I hope sonys developing something new and move 2.0 will be realized. As gamescon approaches theres rumors the camera will get farther details. I can only hope a game is shown that isnt just dance 4 but mabey sports champion3 or a new IP to realy show off the capabilities of ps4 motion controls .
Message 7 of 25 (5,332 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 29, 2013

The thing is though, if Move2.0 is coming out anytime in the next 2 years (which it should), then imo Move1.0 should not work on PS4 (it should not be compatable) since it would be dividing the market.
Otherwise it would be like the wii + remote attachment thing that made the remote more accurate when the original remote should have been like that from the start.

If Move2.0 comes out, and Move1.0 still works on PS4 then what is the point of 2.0 - wouldnt games not have to be designed to work with 1.0 ??

I think it would be best to start fresh and just go with Move2.0 for PS4 (it could also work on PS3 maybe) and make it the best it can be so that games can utilize it to its fullest and not be limited by Move1.0.

Could have a bundle with the PS4 camera and Move2.0.

Message 8 of 25 (5,319 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Jul 30, 2013
Is it that ye think the move1.0 is perfect and we dont need a move2.0 or is it that ye just dont care about motion controls at all.
Message 9 of 25 (5,302 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Jul 30, 2013
i like the idea, but you realize the d-pad has the x,square, triangle, and o buttons on them? why not keep the 4 buttons and then but a d-pade between them?
Message 10 of 25 (5,295 Views)
0 Likes