Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/27/2013
Offline
172 posts
 

Re: Move or Move2.0, that is the Q ??

Jul 30, 2013

I believe the controller duel shock 4 will have PS Move features and so it may be replaced with the duel shock 4.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 25 (174 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 08/04/2011
Offline
2668 posts
 

Re: Move or Move2.0, that is the Q ??

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2013

Occhi07 wrote:
i like the idea, but you realize the d-pad has the x,square, triangle, and o buttons on them? why not keep the 4 buttons and then but a d-pade between them?



 

i didnt make that image but the person who did intended it to be like that, so that they would only have to make one type of controller - that one controller could be used as either a Dpad or face buttons. if you had two of them them use one as the left hand side of a Dual Shock pad and the other as the right hand side.
(check out the link under the pic)

Having the 4 face buttons seperate with a Dpad in between them would clutter up the controller.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 25 (167 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 08/04/2011
Offline
2668 posts
 

Re: Move or Move2.0, that is the Q ??

Jul 31, 2013

xX-ArcticFox-Xx wrote:

I believe the controller duel shock 4 will have PS Move features and so it may be replaced with the duel shock 4.


I want the Move1.0 replaced by the Move2.0 for PS4. The Dual Shock 4 has a motion sensor so it can be used for some motion gaming but the move1.0 is also compatable with PS4 - I think the Move1.0 should NOT be compatable with PS4.

The DS4 will be fine until an improved Move2.0 comes out.

The Move controller needs to be updated and improved. I think it would be foolish to allow the Move1.0 to work on PS4, only to release Move2.0 at a later date.

Just hold off until Move2.0 is ready and have a bundle with the new Move2.0 controllers and the camera.

 

 

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 25 (161 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/26/2013
Offline
569 posts
 

Re: Move or Move2.0, that is the Q ??

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2013

I think the 2nd ball should be on the one controller, right beside the other one.

 

 

Anyway it's a neat design that would probably be good for some games or if you've only got 1 hand. I don't see any reason why a 3rd party can't make this controller, or why it needs to be 2.0 though. You shold forward the design to Power A, see if they'll make it.


sig by Grindhead_Jim
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 25 (147 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 08/04/2011
Offline
2668 posts
 

Re: Move or Move2.0, that is the Q ??

Aug 1, 2013

teeborg wrote:

I think the 2nd ball should be on the one controller, right beside the other one.

 

what would be the point of that, its not a device for pleasuring women.

 

 

Anyway it's a neat design that would probably be good for some games or if you've only got 1 hand. I don't see any reason why a 3rd party can't make this controller, or why it needs to be 2.0 though. You shold forward the design to Power A, see if they'll make it.

 

you didnt read it at all did you, just looked at the picture - sold as a pair - one for each hand.


 

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 25 (138 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/20/2006
Offline
1368 posts
 

Re: Move or Move2.0, that is the Q ??

Aug 1, 2013
How do you know they work on the PS4?
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 25 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 06/12/2013
Offline
5446 posts
 

Re: Move or Move2.0, that is the Q ??

Aug 1, 2013

Subion wrote:
How do you know they work on the PS4?

Well, there is this:

http://kotaku.com/5985796/media-molecule-wants-to-let-you-sculpt-your-dreams-on-the-playstation-4

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 25 (132 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 08/04/2011
Offline
2668 posts
 

Re: Move or Move2.0, that is the Q ??

Aug 1, 2013

Subion wrote:
How do you know they work on the PS4?

its been confirmed via SONY

 

see also PlayStationAccess vid at 0.35 mins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYbpyh4EP6g

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 25 (129 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/30/2011
Offline
1792 posts
 

Re: Move or Move2.0, that is the Q ??

Aug 1, 2013

Blennerville wrote:

Occhi07 wrote:
i like the idea, but you realize the d-pad has the x,square, triangle, and o buttons on them? why not keep the 4 buttons and then but a d-pade between them?



 

i didnt make that image but the person who did intended it to be like that, so that they would only have to make one type of controller - that one controller could be used as either a Dpad or face buttons. if you had two of them them use one as the left hand side of a Dual Shock pad and the other as the right hand side.
(check out the link under the pic)

Having the 4 face buttons seperate with a Dpad in between them would clutter up the controller.


move.png

 

a very bad mock up, but hopefully you get my point now

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 25 (118 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 08/04/2011
Offline
2668 posts
 

Re: Move or Move2.0, that is the Q ??

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2013

Occhi07 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

Occhi07 wrote:
i like the idea, but you realize the d-pad has the x,square, triangle, and o buttons on them? why not keep the 4 buttons and then but a d-pade between them?



 

i didnt make that image but the person who did intended it to be like that, so that they would only have to make one type of controller - that one controller could be used as either a Dpad or face buttons. if you had two of them them use one as the left hand side of a Dual Shock pad and the other as the right hand side.
(check out the link under the pic)

Having the 4 face buttons seperate with a Dpad in between them would clutter up the controller.


move.png

 

a very bad mock up, but hopefully you get my point now


Ya I understood your first post. I appreciate you going to the trouble to make a sketch, the analog stick has a few rough edges though :smileytongue:

 

I just feel that the controller could be too cramped with that button layout - all the buttons together.

But if you replaced the D-pad in your sketch with the analog stick it would work better - obviously the proportions and dimensions would need tweeking. Good idea.

 

 

 

My idea wasnt to have all the buttons on the one controller, I just wanted analog sticks and Motion combined in each one.

 

I didnt make that image, I just found it on Google but its very similar to my idea, i was just using it as a concept.

The reason that the O, X, square, triangle buttons are on the D-pad buttons in the image is just for labeling sake - its so that SONY would only have to make one single type of controller.

 

The idea is that - one MOVE2.0 controller =  half of a dual shock controller,  2 MOVE2.0 controllers = a complete dual shock.

 

You could use one MOVE2.0 controller as the D-pad(Left hand side of the dual shock) and the 2nd MOVE2.0 as the buttons(Right hand side of dual shock).

 

 

 

               LEFT SIDE of DualShock                            RIGHT SIDE of DualShock

 

 

 

my MOVE 2.0 design  2   Jpeg.JPG

 

 

 

 

PSmove.jpg

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

i.e. = Essentially they would work the same as a Dual Shock controller split in two (so there would be no need for both face buttons and a D-pad on each side).                                                                                               

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 25 (112 Views)
Reply
0 Likes