Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 03 2013
By: redknight80 Splicer 62 posts

PS4 Personal Pictures Gallery

3 replies 249 views Edited Nov 3, 2013

I can't seem to find much info if the PS4 has the same photo gallery program that the PS3 has, does anyone know?  I always put my vacation photos on my PS3 since they have a great program for that to show my friends and family with some music in the background.  I see I can't listen to mp3s yet but can I transfer photos to the PS4 harddrive to view?  It would be a bit sad to not be able to do this, but I can just use my laptop, assuming I can find a good program that has nice transititions between photos like the PS3 had.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6529 posts

Re: PS4 Personal Pictures Gallery

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2013

PS4 current posture... no external data makes it's way into the system.  This will most likely change.

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Nov 4, 2013

Ah shoot, yeah that is what I was fearing.  Okay thank you so much!  I will just bring my laptop to show the travel pictures but shoot I loved the PS3 photo gallery and its ease for viewing and moving around pictures in a playlist.  Other programs I have found online aren't too good but the basic WIndows Photo Gallery will do for now.  Thanks again!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Okay, they REALLY need to fix this.  I understand all the "Gaming first", and I agree with it, but come on.....I can't load JPEG pics from vacations and store and view them? Gimme a friggin' break.  I can totally understand them worrying about piracy with videos/movie and all that stuff...but not letting us have a photo library like on the ps3 just seems ridiculous.  I never even imagined that such a basic feature would be missing.

It's like going to a steakhouse for steak....i totally agree with it...but i would be shocked if they said  "sorry, we have no drinks, no potatos, no bread...this is a STEAK house".

I have to assume they will be adding this feature...along with bluray 3D movie support. Heck ps3 pushed 3D software and got me to spend an extra few bucks on a 3DTV....now they don't support it?

Don't get me wrong...loving everything else about the ps4 so far,  but the only two other issues besides gaming that i really care about are bluray/bluray 3D and photo viewing and storage. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (100 Views)
0 Likes