Nov 03 2013
By: redknight80 Splicer 62 posts

PS4 Personal Pictures Gallery

7 replies 363 views Edited Nov 3, 2013

I can't seem to find much info if the PS4 has the same photo gallery program that the PS3 has, does anyone know?  I always put my vacation photos on my PS3 since they have a great program for that to show my friends and family with some music in the background.  I see I can't listen to mp3s yet but can I transfer photos to the PS4 harddrive to view?  It would be a bit sad to not be able to do this, but I can just use my laptop, assuming I can find a good program that has nice transititions between photos like the PS3 had.

Message 1 of 8 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6532 posts

Re: PS4 Personal Pictures Gallery

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2013

PS4 current posture... no external data makes it's way into the system.  This will most likely change.

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Message 2 of 8 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Nov 4, 2013

Ah shoot, yeah that is what I was fearing.  Okay thank you so much!  I will just bring my laptop to show the travel pictures but shoot I loved the PS3 photo gallery and its ease for viewing and moving around pictures in a playlist.  Other programs I have found online aren't too good but the basic WIndows Photo Gallery will do for now.  Thanks again!

Message 3 of 8 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Okay, they REALLY need to fix this.  I understand all the "Gaming first", and I agree with it, but come on.....I can't load JPEG pics from vacations and store and view them? Gimme a friggin' break.  I can totally understand them worrying about piracy with videos/movie and all that stuff...but not letting us have a photo library like on the ps3 just seems ridiculous.  I never even imagined that such a basic feature would be missing.

It's like going to a steakhouse for steak....i totally agree with it...but i would be shocked if they said  "sorry, we have no drinks, no potatos, no bread...this is a STEAK house".

I have to assume they will be adding this feature...along with bluray 3D movie support. Heck ps3 pushed 3D software and got me to spend an extra few bucks on a 3DTV....now they don't support it?

Don't get me wrong...loving everything else about the ps4 so far,  but the only two other issues besides gaming that i really care about are bluray/bluray 3D and photo viewing and storage. 

Message 4 of 8 (214 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

2 weeks ago
Can you guys help me I don't have the photos and gallery thing on my PS4
Message 5 of 8 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2070 posts

2 weeks ago

PS4 is the proof that evolution can move backwards. 

I am quite happy I didn't buy the PS4.

Message 6 of 8 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7394 posts

2 weeks ago

kellandmellow wrote:
Can you guys help me I don't have the photos and gallery thing on my PS4

@kellandmellow

Plug the exfat formated USB storage in to USB port ... 

Then download media player app....

Your unlikely to reply as you necro bumped the topic... which normaly gets it necro locked...

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to the free youtube storage

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode.
Message 7 of 8 (41 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
3777 posts

2 weeks ago
Please be more careful and always check the dates before posting, as necrobumping is forbidden. This thread will now be locked.
Message 8 of 8 (24 Views)