Apr 07 2014
By: PLYMCO_PILGRIM Platinum 55486 posts

PS4 Software Update: Any word yet Sony?

[ Edited ]
61 replies 883 views Edited Apr 8, 2014

I've been trying to be good about not complaining publicly about the lack of a feature update patch for the ps4 but I'm starting to get to that place where I can't contain my dissapointment.   

I have been constructively taking feedback and ideas for the next patch over in the PS4 update wishlist thread 6 months now, or half a year, since november 2013  http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/PS4-Update-Wishlist/m-p/42442285#M628440 but Sony has yet to give any feedback on if/when anything people want for the PS4 is coming. 

We do deserve some kind of answer or timeframe Sony, something.   I've owned my PS4 since launch day and my PS3 can still do so much more for home entertainment than my PS4.   If I want to listen to music I have to use my PS3, buy or rent a movie PS3 (but i refuse to rent from sony until you fix the PS4, amazon.com through tivo until its fixed so I can download the file to the harddrive)....you know that kind of stuff.  

Its been half a year, spit out SOMETHING, throw your loyal customers a bone PLEASE!

To everyone else reading feel free to vent your frustrations or attempt to sooth those of us whom are frustrated.

title edit for capitals. For more information: Please see . Thanks! GuardianBelle

Message 1 of 62 (883 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Re: PS4 Software Update: ANY WORD SONY?

Apr 7, 2014

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/19/upcoming-ps4-update-to-add-share-enhancements-and-hdcp-off...

This was back around the middle of March. I assume that they have been currently making more feature since this update. The acknowledged a lot of what people have said. 

Message 2 of 62 (875 Views)
Platinum
55486 posts

Apr 7, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/19/upcoming-ps4-update-to-add-share-enhancements-and-hdcp-off...

This was back around the middle of March. I assume that they have been currently making more feature since this update. The acknowledged a lot of what people have said. 

Check that wishilist thread link ossie.  This blog covers one of the items on it.   I'm looking for the "now your PS4 can do all the PS3 could do an more" patch Smiley Wink.

Message 3 of 62 (856 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Apr 7, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

ossiecastro5 wrote:

Check that wishilist thread link ossie.  This blog covers one of the items on it.   I'm looking for the "now your PS4 can do all the PS3 could do an more" patch Smiley Wink.

I'm aware. I'm just saying that they could have been working on more things from the last announcement to now. I don't think they'll pay people to just sit there while people ask for more features.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 62 (851 Views)
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Apr 7, 2014

In all honesty, I wish Sony would just release a "non-buggy" or non-corrupted firmware to correct all console operating issues before they get into all the "added media" updates.  My PS4 worked fine until Feb 18th (update 1.61) and ever since (even after update 1.62) my PS4 has been giving me start up issues.  Try to boot up and it just completely shuts off 5 seconds into the boot, power on again and get stuck on flashing blue light, power down, power on again get a improperly shutdown unplugged message (and I never touch the plug) or it goes into a "recovery boot" and finally gets to the UI, and works fine from that point on.  I would like MP3 playback and better streaming media and web browsers, but first I just want a freakin console that functions like a the brand new $400 piece of equipment that I purchased in January!!!

Message 5 of 62 (836 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13134 posts

Apr 7, 2014

Would be nice if they communicated more. Every time I go to IGN I see articles talking about what microsoft is doing to improve the xbox yet nothing for the playstation

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 6 of 62 (822 Views)
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Apr 7, 2014

Yep, Sony is terrible. MS is always gettign the word out, sony is just a poor company when it coems to marketing the console. you dont hear from soyn for months at a time. It's why they are losing the US again this gen. X1 is now outselling ps4 in the US weekly.

Message 7 of 62 (816 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5704 posts

Apr 7, 2014

I think the new update is screwing up my PS4 the 1.62 firmware screwed up my PS4.. Keeps turning itself off and on with no reason or anything.. Went into safe mode and I couldn't leave it so I had to do a system factory restore and install all my games.. Fix your **bleep** sony

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 8 of 62 (803 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2374 posts

Apr 7, 2014

Yup, Sony needs to communicate more and update more frequently.

So far the competition is doing better in that aspect. They are giving out information on what their next patch will bring and regularly updating the information. They are also bringing out the content out more regularly than Sony by improving existing features and bringing in new ones.

Message 9 of 62 (799 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1491 posts

Apr 7, 2014

I would have to agree with everyone this has been such a big dissapointment. I want  to give sony the benefit of the doubt but geez come on now the Ps4 is going on a year old and we have had what maybe 2 to 3 updates with not many features added. Its troubling to me seeing as how the Ps3 has many more features than the Ps4 considering they should have done had these features thought threw considering they have already worked the bugs out of the Ps3 converting to Ps4 should not have been that hard. I will have to say for this launch has been pretty sh***y. I can understand the lack of games it has always been that way with next gen consoles however sony should be stepping up to the plate on this one and updating there console its a bit aggravating. I mean come on at leats give us something a time frame and date features soon to come something. I will stop my venting now thanks for anyone that reads this, I now feel as though I could wait prob a few more months for an update considering I just got my frustration out typing haha!

Long Live BHD!!!!!!!! Heart

Message 10 of 62 (796 Views)