Platinum
56227 posts

Re: PS4 Update Wishlist

Jan 22, 2014

NinjaFireMedic wrote:
I’m a huge fan of Sony and I love my PS3, but I have a lot of complaints about my PS4. These don’t seem like difficult things to fix, I’m just surprised that so many things were overlooked before producing and selling 2 million units.

-I used to make fun of the xbox one for their always online philosophy until my internet went out and I couldn’t do anything with my PS4. I can play single player games without the internet, but I can’t listen to music, watch videogame trailers, open my library, or even look through pictures.

-I cannot store any media on my hard drive at all. I can check to see what’s on my hard drive in settings, but I can’t store what I want.

-An SD card reader would be great. The PS3 had 1 and it was great for family gatherings and downloading photos.

-The PS4 camera has poor face recognition. Meh!

-There isn't any way to mute the microphone on my PS4 camera. And sometimes I want to say inappropriate things, Darn it!

-There is no chat volume control. Volume is normally at a very appropriate level, until my friend starts drinking while playing COD.

-A video chat app would be great. I was able to talk 1 of my budies into buying a camera just so we could chat. Now he has a kid and I have work and we don't get to see eachother as much as we would like.

-When you delete the browser history it remains on the screen. Not cool man.

-Bluetooth is pretty useless. I just looked up the device compatibility list and it’s pretty unsatisfying. My Logitech PS3 remote, and my iphone won’t communicate. The list says that my Turtle Beach headphones work, but not to chat.

I’m not even concerned about changing the background or playing my PS3 games because I’m sure that those are already being worked on. I have faith in Sony but the current version of Playstation has let me down. I’m looking forward to seeing the PS4 evolve. 

You sound like me, I was a HUGE fan of my PS3 (playing music, playing without net hooked up, storing my media and being able to play it back, all that)

Message 361 of 1,081 (622 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Uploading Photos to PS4; How could Sony remove such a Basic Feature

Jan 22, 2014

Wow!! It's amazing to me that Sony would take away such a basic feature from PS4 to upload pictures and videos.  It should have been included with the intial design.  

Sony calls this Console "State of the Art Technology".  I call it taking 2 steps backwards.  Truly Sad.

Message 362 of 1,081 (627 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1083 posts

Jan 22, 2014

I think rthat everything will happen sooner or later
As it happens with the Pulse headset compatibility or other features, they will come with future updates and announcements
The only thing that we can do is give as many feedback as we want and wait to see the results
Features will increase and also the game library, apps and accesories

Message 363 of 1,081 (611 Views)
Platinum
56227 posts

Jan 23, 2014

FeddeCampo wrote:

I think rthat everything will happen sooner or later
As it happens with the Pulse headset compatibility or other features, they will come with future updates and announcements
The only thing that we can do is give as many feedback as we want and wait to see the results
Features will increase and also the game library, apps and accesories

Exactly why this thread was made and stickied.   It is much easier for Sony to understand and act on our feedback if they have a thread with everyone's opinions posted in it to read along with an overview of the most pressing input being maintained in the first post Smiley Wink.

I want them to know exactly what we want so our chances of getting it are better.

Message 364 of 1,081 (569 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
481 posts

Jan 23, 2014

Visualizers -

Once MP3 and DLNA support have been added, I would love to see some Music Visualizers. Something like Milkdrop II. There are lots of possibilities. The lack of visualizers on PS3 was largely due to RAM limitations, but now with PS4, they could add Music Visualizers as purchaseable items if they so wished.

Organization -

With the amount of games I purchase, I'm going to need a way to customly categorize my games in folders and subfolders (ideally). Give us some option to customize and manage our game library. The PS3 allowed you to move games to custom folders.

Message 365 of 1,081 (557 Views)
Wastelander
901 posts

Jan 23, 2014
Message 366 of 1,081 (554 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 23, 2014

1.  Youtube app 

2.  MLB.TV App for the 2014 MLb Baseball Season

3. TWiT.TV and Revision 3 Apps

4.  Media Server Support for PS4

5. Bug fixes. (For example my trophies have problems syncing trophies)

6.  CD and MP3 Playback support for PS4

7. Be able to at least download some PS3 games on PS4.

8. HBO Go , MAX GO  , Showtime Anytime , Warch  ABC and Watch ABC Family and The CW TV Now Apps.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Message 367 of 1,081 (561 Views)
First Son
2 posts

List of PS4 fixes or improvements

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2014

I was pretty disappointed with the interface when I turned on my PS4 for the first time.  It was very similar to the PS3 and now seems actually a little LESS user friendly than the PS3, i.e.. Turning off auto-renews for trials, no compatibility for external hard drives, no compatibility for web pages like Pandora.

So these are some of the many things that I found that are more than likely upgradeable/fixable.  What are some of those things that yall have found that Sony could fix for us? I'll start the list, add as you see fit!

Add external memory compatibility

Add web compatibility for sites like Pandora (b/c Music Unlimited is SOOOO TERRIBLE!!, I have 25 MB fiberoptic connection with an actually 24-25mb download speed and it still only worked about 20% of the time)

Allow muting of PS Camera

Add customization of background for interface (wallpaper and themes)

Add SONY Wireless Surround Sound headset (still BAFFLES me that this is not compatible at launch!!)

Add better says to PSN for download like on the PS3 side, especially now that they are making us pay for it for online gaming, I would like something to download for free! lol

Edit: Fixes thread merged into existing Update Wishlist thread

Message 368 of 1,081 (530 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Re: List of PS4 fixes or improvements

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2014
I hope they keep the UI simple. Coming from the convoluted mess of the 360 dash I find myself really liking the PS4 dashboard.

I really don't want a "media center" either... Just the ultimate gaming console.

Three features I'd really like to see...

Online status options (away, busy, appear offline etc).

The ability to organize friends into different categories.

... Did I say three?... Uh... The ability share video via the message system, rather than Facebook, would be nice.
 photo jermwarfare.png
Message 369 of 1,081 (523 Views)
Splicer
50 posts

Re: List of PS4 fixes or improvements

Jan 23, 2014

JermVVarfare wrote:
I hope they keep the UI simple. Coming from the convoluted mess of the 360 dash I find myself really liking the PS4 dashboard.

I really don't want a "media center" either... Just the ultimate gaming console.

Three features I'd really like to see...

Online status options (away, busy, appear offline etc).

The ability to organize friends into different categories.

... Did I say three?... Uh... The ability share video via the message system, rather than Facebook, would be nice.

I agree. I do not like clutter like on the Xbox so I appreciate the simplicity of the PS4 UI. Organizing friends by catagory...YES PLEASE! I would love to be able to make a list for AC4 friends and another for Diablo 3 (once it comes out) because if I don't know you in real life I am not going to remember who you are and what I played with you. Like I posted before, being able to access those friends and categories at the push of a button would be awesome.

Message 370 of 1,081 (495 Views)
0 Likes