Uncharted Territory
1648 posts

Re: PS4 Update Wishlist

Dec 14, 2013
The only complaint I really have is I want to delete things from my library, and I want to delete tv show episodes I've bought, I got the last season of breaking bad and now all 8 episodes are taking up space lol

Got my Vita for $50. Woot.
Message 61 of 1,081 (1,906 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 14, 2013

Wish we had the Elgato HD Capture Card patch....

Need our Elgato HD Cature card patch...
Message 62 of 1,081 (1,902 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 14, 2013
A couple things to fix:

When I'm in the main menu and scroll over the "Friends" tab, the online friend that is listed last, has the bottom of their box faded out so you can't see what game they are playing. This is a useless feature, and needs to be fixed. This is true even when there is only one friend online. Make the text and box completely solid so you can read it...

Another more important thing. I have my power save settings set to where my controller is supposed to shut off after 10 minutes of being idle. I have watched netflix for an hour without touching it, and it won't turn off. This is a big issue. The already **bleep** battery life is being killed faster because it doesn't turn off like it should. And it's also an issue because you can't even turn off the controller manually when watching netflix. As soon as you long-press the PS button to turn off the controller, the video pauses. So after you turn off the controller, you go back to the video, but have no controller to use to restart the video. This needs to be fixed. If there is a setting to automatically turn off my controller, it should probably work... Thanks.
Message 63 of 1,081 (1,896 Views)
Splicer
51 posts

Dec 14, 2013

Internet -Id really like to be able to save image or save target like on the ps3.    

-Copy and pasting ability.  I like to send friends links via message.   

-and Flash support would be swell 

Message 64 of 1,081 (1,883 Views)
Splicer
51 posts

Dec 14, 2013
Remote play my ps3 from my ps4 lol
Message 65 of 1,081 (1,880 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Dec 14, 2013
Isn't it under system Storage under application?
Message 66 of 1,081 (1,877 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Dec 15, 2013

here is my list:

1- pause and resume downloads.

2- adding avatar without needing to have facebook acount (or any other website for that matter), in my understanding facebook avatars are 222x222 pixels which is a little small for a 1080p screen, i think it should be atleast 300x300 pixels with 200kb file size limit

3- adding a decent file manager, youtube "multiman" to see what i mean, a dos-like file manager with basic functions like copy-delete and those stuff is a must.

pretty basic stuff.

Message 67 of 1,081 (1,871 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Dec 15, 2013
- Add the ability to DOWNLOAD rented or purchased movies from the PS Store rather than only given the option to stream. The HD quality drops to SD quite a bit during a movie, and if we're paying an extra dollar for Hi-Def, it **bleep** well better be Hi-Def entirely. Best way to achieve this for certain is to let us download the file itself to our PS4's

- Fix the Music Unlimited app. I like the idea behind Music Unlimited, having access to such a large library of albums and the ability to be able to stream music to my system without having to make sure the PC is on is very appealing to me. But it does not work on the PS4 for whatever reason, a few songs played and it'll crash with various error messages and phantom under maintenance messages. The app works flawlessly on my phone (iOS) and my PS4 is wired directly to my modem so I'm certain it's not a connection issue. Plus I've heard a lot of other people say the same issues, works on ps3, android, iOS and web but atrocious on ps4.

- Ability to turn DS4 off during movie playback. I had a good laugh when I turned off my DS4 only to be promoted to press X to resume playback.

I'm sure the following have been mentioned but I'll list a few more:

- DLNA Support, it'd be nice to be able to stream movies purchased from say iTunes on to the PlayStation 4. This was a huge feature of the PS3 and I know people are dying for this one back

- Ability to dim the DS4 LED. I don't mind the light, the battery life on mine seem to be fine, it's just the glare back off the television screen takes away from the immersion and overall gaming experience

- Friend sign in notifications. Certain people I know are on my list for specific games, when they sign in it's nice to know if I could get a match going

- Customizable UI. Not even necessarily dynamic themes, just ateast the option to change the colour. I think it would look very sexy in black and would love the option to change it to that.

- Use the touch pad on the DS4 to navigate the Dynamic Menu. To me just seems like it would be a perfect place to implement the touch pad.
Message 68 of 1,081 (1,960 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Dec 15, 2013

How about the ability to output voice chat via your speakers instead of the headset?  7.1 will be going to waste without this feature.

Message 69 of 1,081 (1,957 Views)
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Dec 15, 2013

stro87 wrote:

- Use the touch pad on the DS4 to navigate the Dynamic Menu. To me just seems like it would be a perfect place to implement the touch pad.

yea, a no brainer also is to use the touch pad for map navigation in games

for example, in assassin's creed,  you should be able to bring up map by pressing the touch pad, and pan and zoom using the touch pad

but they didnt

laziness

oh and youtube

the youtube.com/tv is b/s.  can't even access your playlist

Message 70 of 1,081 (1,957 Views)