Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: PS4 Update Wishlist (Patch 1.70 goes live 4/30/14)

May 6, 2014

fix whatever it is that causes me not to be able to sign onto PSN. I just bought my ps4 today set up the internet tested the connection it says it is successful but for some reason it keeps telling me could not sign on in time. Whats the issue and what can be done? otherwise I will buy a xbox just like my brother did when he had to many troubles with his ps4

Please use plain text.
Message 771 of 899 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

May 6, 2014

Hi, I know this is already mentioned on this thread but please Sony, give us the option to install game on external hard drives, I'm buying all the games digitally but I don't know what I am going to do when the hard drive gets full, I don't want to delete games and then redownload again to play them once again... at least give us the option to just save them in a external hard drive, if you want to play a specific game move it to the ps4, PLEASE!

I really hate piracy... why MS can do this and Sony doesn't???

Please use plain text.
Message 772 of 899 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2014

@lb555c 

Toothpicks, man.....most advanced technology EVAR!

it reminds me of the space race.....the U.S. spent millions of dollars to develop a pen for their astronauts, that could write in zero-g, upside down, underwater, whatever....and to their eternal credit, the pens work, and they work well......the russians? they just used a pencil, lol. point is, often, people overlook the simplest, most low-tech solutions to problems.

so i do hope you have a lot of success with the toothpick solution.

the thing about the xbone and PS4, is that they are ESSENTIALLY the same hardware on the inside....i think the PS4 has better/more video memory....but really, Ground Zeroes is really all i need to say....

PS4 runs it at 60FPS @1080p, whereas the xbone can only manage 60FPS @720p... the difference in image quality is immediately visible. also, the PS4 apparently has enough power/resources to support a feature none of the other version have...real-time weather simulation, with dynamic clouds....all the other versions have static skyboxes...

speaking in strictly technical terms, the PS4 IS superior, in all the ways that matter...and by that, i mean in the ways most gamers care about, namely framerate, resolution, and overall image quality...that's not opinion, it's fact, backed up by a lot of technical specs, and industry reviews..

i had another thought about the start up time....you're still impatient, lol, but i was thinking......it might be drive lag....

i'm willing to bet that sony used a 4200RPM or 5400RPM drive in the PS4....they are notoriously slow, and the bus speed on the PS4 hardware is such, that it should be able to support an SSD...that would probably provide a boost.....problem with SSDs, is that in this kind of environment, the lifespan of it MIGHT not be so great...i'm pretty sure a rotational drive would last longer...i'd recommend a 7200RPM, or maybe even a 10KRPM drive......if you can afford it.....

i upgraded the drive on my PS3 when i got it...putting an SSD in that would have been useless, so i went for a 7200RPM drive, and it's worked great for years...

and finally, yeah, the XMB was fantastic, it was great, and it was capable....the problem with multitasking like that wasn't that the XMB couldn't support it, it was hardware limitations on the PS3....which is funny, because the cell was supposed to be the greatest thing since jesus christ.....don't get me wrong, the cell is STILL impressive, and the PS3 is still a hell of a system...but it's showing it's age...

Please use plain text.
Message 773 of 899 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

May 6, 2014

@Fr4nNBoT 

here's what you do......pick up a larger capacity drive....run a backup(not sure if PS4 has that feature yet), install the new drive, restore from backup, and now you have more space...as long as the ONLY thing you store on the internal drive is games, you should be ok for quite a while...

this is why physical media is still better..

Please use plain text.
Message 774 of 899 (259 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Sony, please add these features to the PS4

May 6, 2014

Also with how powerfull the PS4 is, Can we have rendering of MKV files.

Please use plain text.
Message 775 of 899 (236 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2014

@DrTran64 

I think he was more referring to features made available through the software. Anybody who says the PS4 isn't more powerful is outright mad, but that's not to say there isn't a wholeee lot that's left to be desired. You can defend all you want, but if someone has a feature request that others want too, then it's real, despite what you may think. 

Yes, the PS4 is the better system in many ways now, and will surely remain given the hardware longevity and fact that these features can easily be implemented, unlike hardware changes. That being said - Sony needs to keep up with user preferences and push these features out to provide the experience it's predessesor is already providing. 

End of the day, there's a reason this 78 page request thread exists. It's not the place to muck about like you're on IGN fanboy flaming. The guy has a ps4 after all, he's on your team. 

Please use plain text.
Message 776 of 899 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

May 6, 2014

@SteezyPanda 

i'm not sure which post you're refering to....and if you read my earlier post, you'd know i'm the furthest thing from a fanboy that exists..

Please use plain text.
Message 777 of 899 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

May 6, 2014

DrTran64 wrote:

i'm not sure which post you're refering to....and if you read my earlier post, you'd know i'm the furthest thing from a fanboy that exists..

So what exactly are you then. If you werent a major fan boy, then why would you be on this website, commenting on peoples ideas of future updates. Why do you even care what peoples ideas are, your just in it for the games, why does it matter to you what people want??

I believe that the PS4 is a hell of a machine, but i feel, like steezy panda said, it lacks the features that other systems have, which makes the xbone slightly better right now. I think that if they had most of the features the xbone has, without completly copying. Yes the PS4 is better for the games, but the xbone has better features, and has the gaming as well. I dont care as much about looks, opposed to features and content. The xbone (Right now) has more exclusives and more applications to use. Needless to say, the PS4 is one hell of a machine, but really REALLY lacks the features right now, which makes me, and most people that i talk to who owns both machines, go towards the xbone. 

Now ill tell ya, 

Toothpics are NOT the most advanced technolgy,

Its q tips man 100% of the way

Please use plain text.
Message 778 of 899 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

May 6, 2014

@lb555c 

what am i? i'm a gamer...and i comment, because some of this stuff, would saddle everyone with crap "features", that maybe not everyone wants...it's extra bloat on the system software..

i originally came here to make a couple of suggestions("folders" for organizing stuff, and my suggestion about the PS Plus section on the PS4 version of the store)...i made a thread, and it got integrated into this one....and while i was looking around, i saw all these other suggestions, so i figured i'd comment on them.

honestly, i hate an over abundance of stock apps...i hate them on game consoles, and i hate them on phones...useless bloatware that takes up precious space, and you can't get rid of it....

with the exception of netflix/amazon/hbogo/BD/DVD on my PS3, i really only use my game consoles for playing games, and my entertainment PC for everything else...maybe i'm weird, but i just don't understand why people so desperately want a game console to do everything they can do with a PC...doesn't make sense to me.

what you guys call "features"...things like voice commands, camera gimmicks, and apps out the wazoo, i call "useless junk"

i mean, hell, idealy, i'd see everyone own a PS4, and either a 360 or xbone.....you save the PS4 for the serious business of gaming, and the microsoft console could be for all the gimmicky crap...

i personally have no use for an xbone at this time, as the ONLY game on it i'm interested in is forza 5, and that's just not enough to blow THAT much money for a console....plus, the xbone just doesn't perform like the PS4...

Q-tips? .....let's see you turn your DS4 off with a Q-tip, lol

Please use plain text.
Message 779 of 899 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

May 6, 2014
@DrTran64

Not really, but would be a nice feature to have. So i don't see why we can't have that feature.
Please use plain text.
Message 780 of 899 (199 Views)
0 Likes