Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 22 2013
By: Necrosic Splicer 57 posts

PS4 Used Game Fees?

44 replies 844 views Edited May 22, 2013

Given how sony refuses to give a straight answer regarding the current state of playing used games, I can't shake the feeling that we are going to be charged to play used games, like the other console is doing.  It seems like its going to be an industry standard.

The only thing that has been said is "It CAN play used games, but we will have more info regarding this later in the year"  IF IT CAN PLAY USED GAMES, THEN WHAT ELSE IS THERE FOR YOU TO ADD?   THE ONLY POSSIBLE THING YOU CAN ADD TO THIS IS "It can play used games, BUT you must pay a fee, as the new industry standard."  CONSOLE GAMING WILL BE DEAD TO ME, CONSOLES, IN GENERAL, ARE **bleep** OVER EVERYONE.  GAMES ARE TOO **bleep** EXPENSIVE.

SONY, IF YOU FORCE IS TO PAY FEES FOR USED GAMES, I WILL ABANDON CONSOLE GAMING FOR PC GAMING. 

Also, all I wanted to do was simply view what posts I had made, or at the very least, view my own topics I created.  My profile stats indicate all the threads I had made, all the posts I had made, BUT GIVES ME TO WAY TO ACTUALLY LOOK AT ANYTHING, LIKE A NORMAL **bleep** FORUM WOULD.

RAGE.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 45 (844 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Re: PS4 Used Game Fees?

May 22, 2013

OH MAN, better **bleep** BOOKMARK this thread so I can have access to it, because THIS STUPID **bleep** FORUM GIVES ME NO WAY TO VIEW IT FROM MY OWN PROFILE.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 45 (842 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5610 posts

May 22, 2013

Necrosic wrote:

OH MAN, better **bleep** BOOKMARK this thread so I can have access to it, because THIS STUPID **bleep** FORUM GIVES ME NO WAY TO VIEW IT FROM MY OWN PROFILE.

Here is a thread that will explain how to access all your old threads on the forums, until they fix the forums here. (The forums have only been broken for 2 weeks):smileysad:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Forums-Support/HowTo-Manually-Access-Yours-amp-Ot...FamilyGuyStewie-Straight-Jacket.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 45 (812 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7174 posts

May 22, 2013
Im not even going to read the OP. Here is my view omn this topic. Once you buy an original copy of a game you activate it and you would berewarded with a free online pass. Then you want to return it. The next person to buy that copy would have to pay for a new pass to activate it. Either way the cheap who buys a pre-owned will save atleast $10 - $20 .

^ Something like that.

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

_____________________ - = Share the Greatness with PlayStation= - ______________________

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 45 (807 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
854 posts

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013
I was just looking at the PS4 release titles over at Amazon, and the price points for new releases are all $99! That would be a nightmare-you could buy a whole console for the price of a few games. I hope it doesn't become like printers and printer ink, the biggest tech rip off in the universe, lol.

If the PS4 games are all $99 from the get-go, we'd better be able to buy used ones without getting gouged.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 45 (799 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28655 posts

May 22, 2013

JoyceHairhelmet wrote:
I was just looking at the PS4 release titles over at Amazon, and the price points for new releases are all $99! That would be a nightmare-you could buy a whole console for the price of a few games. I hope it doesn't become like printers and printer ink, the biggest tech rip off in the universe, lol.

If the PS4 games are all $99 from the get-go, we'd better be able to buy used ones without getting gouged.

They won't be, that's a 'holding price' until Sony announces the actual price-point, which will likely be somewhat similar to today's PS3 games, I'd expect them to be the same as now at $59.99 or possibly $69.99, but they won't be $99.99, trust me!

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 45 (795 Views)
Uncharted Territory
854 posts

May 22, 2013
Omg, thank you! I just about died when I saw that! :smileyvery-happy:

New games have been fifty bucks or so since I started playing computer games back in the 90s, (Sierra, et al.) I was prepared to be outraged, hee hee.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 45 (790 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

May 22, 2013

If you can wait a year or 2... those same game will likely be 20 bucks.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 45 (717 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3330 posts

May 22, 2013

I can honestly say ms will be sued by rental companies for putting them out of business.. i'm sure sony will follow ms with thier stupidity.

All they will do is hurt the industry that is on shaky ground as it is now....

I bet rental companies make up half if not more in game sales, because they buy thousands for each state...

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 45 (699 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7174 posts

May 23, 2013
Those companies are like Dollar General to WallMart, even if they did sue, they wouldnt stand a chance.

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

_____________________ - = Share the Greatness with PlayStation= - ______________________

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 45 (643 Views)