Nov 19 2012
By: DarkReaper76 First Son 31 posts

PS4 Will It Be Worth Buying??

[ Edited ]
8 replies 2431 views Edited Nov 19, 2012

Based on what I have read so far I am really unsure what to expect with the new PS4 and to be honest if the New PS4 or whatever they call it isn't backwards compatible with PS3 Disc Based Games And it Isn't Disc Based Itself, then it would be a Total waste of money for me and I most Definitely Won't Buy It!! I mean since when you purchase games online, thru the PSN store you don't actually own the game and if they suck you can't trade or get your money back for them!! Which is why even on the PS3 I don't buy downloadable games without trying them out first, not by demos but thru friends. Demos can't be trusted and can make the game look good and when you buy it, the game really sucks!!

I mean if the consoles aren't disc based then what is the point of buying them when you can just buy the game for your PC instead, better then wasting $500 on a console that you have to purchase games online for! The point of a console is..

1. Owning a Disc Based Game System not another PC Although some games are disc based on PC as well!
 2. Biggest Complaint about PS3 was it wasn't backwards compatible with PS2 games after August 2008,unless you had bought one made before that date!!
 3. The right as a gamer to choose whether or not we want to keep a game because we like or trade it for something better! Can't do that with games purchased online!!
 4. SDD takes the right to buy and trade games away from you and is almost pointless unless you are a PC gamer which I am both but most definitely will take a HDD & SDD Console over SDD Only Console any day of the week!!

That is just few reasons why PS4 shouldn't just a be SDD instead of HDD, it would let down a lot of people and probably wouldn't sell as they would hope who cares what it looks like and what all it can do if it isn't " Disc Based " and " Backwards Compatible " with PS3 then I will stick with PS3 and most likely spend my money on a console that is backwards compatible with the older system!! At least I will still have my right to choose as a Gamer and won't be drawn into buying another PC!! My PS3 does everything my PC can do and it's Disc Based SDD the way it should be, but unfortunately is isn't backwards compatible like my 80 GB was but I still love it and wouldn't have it any other way!!! What are your alls thoughts on this??

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (2,431 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Re: PS4 Will It Be Worth Buying??

Nov 19, 2012

My PS4 is completely Backwards Compatible with my PS3,PS2 and PSOne games. It is also cross platform compatible. Meaning it plays Xbox360 and Wii games. Not to mention DS.....It's INCREDIBLE!!!!! :smileyhappy:  It'll totally be worth the $450 when the beta testing is complete in July 2013.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (2,427 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 30, 2013
What exactly do you mean by "my ps4"? Am i missing something here? Listen, I love sony and Im all about supporting them when I can but it took me a long time to get where Im at with my ps3. I do not mind digital copies of games, matrer of fact I prefer digital over disc. My major concern is that I wont be able to play my 50 some digital games on the ps4. Ive spena lot of hard earned money for all of my content. Also what are the changes? I mean from what Ive heard there arent many. Yes the ps4 will have a much nicer dualshock controler, but those controlers onl last me a year and then i have to dish out another $50 for a new one. Is it gonna be the same for the ps4?As I said before, I love sony, i really do but I dont think Ill be one of those ppl who are standing in line on launch day
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (1,170 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4888 posts

Jul 30, 2013
Do you want to play Star Wars: Battlefront 3 when it comes out? If so, yes.
 photo original_zpsf4794f45.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (1,164 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
14035 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

mck1221 wrote:
What exactly do you mean by "my ps4"? Am i missing something here? Listen, I love sony and Im all about supporting them when I can but it took me a long time to get where Im at with my ps3. I do not mind digital copies of games, matrer of fact I prefer digital over disc. My major concern is that I wont be able to play my 50 some digital games on the ps4. Ive spena lot of hard earned money for all of my content. Also what are the changes? I mean from what Ive heard there arent many. Yes the ps4 will have a much nicer dualshock controler, but those controlers onl last me a year and then i have to dish out another $50 for a new one. Is it gonna be the same for the ps4?As I said before, I love sony, i really do but I dont think Ill be one of those ppl who are standing in line on launch day

Ne1's post was a work of fiction, a falsehood, sarcasm. That and it was posted before anyone knew anything about the PS4, last year. The PS4 is not backwards compatible so it won't play your PS3 games, digital, physical or otherwise. If you have any more questions or concerns read this thread before posting (Link). Thanks for bumping the thread and welcome to the forums. Please don't bump anything else, friend.

To teach is a moment's superiority; not to, everlasting.

Fabulous!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (1,163 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14994 posts

Jul 31, 2013

mck1221 wrote:

Keep your PS3 and you don't have to worry about not being able to play your digital games...

Also, Gaikai will be used to enable playing legacy games from PS1, PS2 and PS3 games. It will have a slow roll out.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (1,115 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jul 31, 2013

DarkReaper76 wrote:

Based on what I have read so far I am really unsure what to expect with the new PS4 and to be honest if the New PS4 or whatever they call it isn't backwards compatible with PS3 Disc Based Games And it Isn't Disc Based Itself, then it would be a Total waste of money for me and I most Definitely Won't Buy It!! I mean since when you purchase games online, thru the PSN store you don't actually own the game and if they suck you can't trade or get your money back for them!! Which is why even on the PS3 I don't buy downloadable games without trying them out first, not by demos but thru friends. Demos can't be trusted and can make the game look good and when you buy it, the game really sucks!!

I mean if the consoles aren't disc based then what is the point of buying them when you can just buy the game for your PC instead, better then wasting $500 on a console that you have to purchase games online for! The point of a console is..

1. Owning a Disc Based Game System not another PC Although some games are disc based on PC as well!
 2. Biggest Complaint about PS3 was it wasn't backwards compatible with PS2 games after August 2008,unless you had bought one made before that date!!
 3. The right as a gamer to choose whether or not we want to keep a game because we like or trade it for something better! Can't do that with games purchased online!!
 4. SDD takes the right to buy and trade games away from you and is almost pointless unless you are a PC gamer which I am both but most definitely will take a HDD & SDD Console over SDD Only Console any day of the week!!

That is just few reasons why PS4 shouldn't just a be SDD instead of HDD, it would let down a lot of people and probably wouldn't sell as they would hope who cares what it looks like and what all it can do if it isn't " Disc Based " and " Backwards Compatible " with PS3 then I will stick with PS3 and most likely spend my money on a console that is backwards compatible with the older system!! At least I will still have my right to choose as a Gamer and won't be drawn into buying another PC!! My PS3 does everything my PC can do and it's Disc Based SDD the way it should be, but unfortunately is isn't backwards compatible like my 80 GB was but I still love it and wouldn't have it any other way!!! What are your alls thoughts on this??

It IS a disc based console. Where the hell did you get the idea PS4 was a digital download only console? O.o Whoever told you that is the biggest moron on the face of the planet.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (1,111 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3912 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2013

Necropost

Seriously, this thread is from last November.

For some reason, mck1221 decided to raise it from the dead.

:: points at mck with dirty look :: :smileywink:

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (1,106 Views)
PlayStation Moderator
3164 posts

Jul 31, 2013

Locking thread due to necroposting (resurrecting old, dead threads). If you want to discuss this topic further, please feel free to start a new thread. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (1,092 Views)