Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 16 2014
By: BASSMEANT Uncharted Territory 2067 posts

PS4 feels like a beta

66 replies 390 views Edited Apr 16, 2014

Very let down. Been a ps vet since the early days, gaming longer then some of these players have been on the planet.

PS3 was better. The entire system, even though it was less powerful, was a better product.

The ps4 is fine if you are 24 and under. For adults, this has been a giant waste of cash. BF4 was not only a joke of a flagship game but has been tanked to fit the toddler gaming market.

The fact that mp3 files don't work... wait, what?

The lack of video cameras on the chat rooms... again, what?

Should have pushed the release of the console back to even out with the number of games available to play.

Hopefully Watch Dogs can carry this for a while, but it tanks, i think you're gonna start to see the xbone converters.

Shoulda had morpheus ready before releasing the ps4.

The content looks sad so far, the feature set is anemic... but you made sure to require ps+ for online play?

Whole thing feels like a cash grab... Hopefully this time next year the console will be doing more, but for now...

just feels like i paid to beta test your console.

Peace

Bassmeant

Message 1 of 67 (390 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
16259 posts

Re: PS4 feels like a beta

Apr 16, 2014

BASSMEANT wrote:

Very let down. Been a ps vet since the early days, gaming longer then some of these players have been on the planet.

PS3 was better. The entire system, even though it was less powerful, was a better product.

The ps4 is fine if you are 24 and under. For adults, this has been a giant waste of cash. BF4 was not only a joke of a flagship game but has been tanked to fit the toddler gaming market.

Should have pushed the release of the console back to even out with the number of games available to play.

Hopefully Watch Dogs can carry this for a while, but it tanks, i think you're gonna start to see the xbone converters.

The content looks sad so far, the feature set is anemic... but you made sure to require ps+ for online play?

Whole thing feels like a cash grab... Hopefully this time next year the console will be doing more, but for now...

Peace

Bassmeant

im surprised you think the ps3 was better, since the ps3 released for more money with many things that needed to be added later via fw update.

but yeah, again they release a console incomplete and have to patch to get the features.

Message 2 of 67 (375 Views)
Lombax Warrior
211 posts

Apr 16, 2014
Yeah the ps4 is missing a lot of features that the ps3 has, but a lot of the features the ps3 has now, it didn't when it was launched. You're comparing an old console that has been updated frequently to one that just came out.

In time, the ps4 will get most of the features you and others want.
Message 3 of 67 (368 Views)
Welcoming Committee
11689 posts

Apr 16, 2014

I'm sorry to hear your dissatisfaction. But it will have more features in time, just like how it was with the PS3.

Message 4 of 67 (367 Views)
Lombax Warrior
83 posts

Apr 16, 2014

welcome to a launch console.  First time i assume?

Message 5 of 67 (356 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
16259 posts

Apr 16, 2014

Merlin44- wrote:

welcome to a launch console.  First time i assume?

i think you mean welcome to a launch console post highspeed home internet. i dont recall my colecovision requiring patches to add features. :smileylol:

Message 6 of 67 (340 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2124 posts

Apr 16, 2014
If we had high speed Internet back when colecovision launched, they would've added more features.
Message 7 of 67 (332 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15582 posts

Apr 16, 2014

Not another one of these threads.......

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 8 of 67 (326 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
16259 posts

Apr 16, 2014

ExMimic wrote:
If we had high speed Internet back when colecovision launched, they would've added more features.

probably, but we didnt, so it released complete. and im really griping about adding features that should have been there for release.

Message 9 of 67 (322 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4488 posts

Apr 16, 2014

BASSMEANT wrote:

Peace

Bassmeant

Well, that is kinda....the point. People are needed to support the console and buy it early. Same thing with the xbone. Nearly almost the same games, and some feel like they wasted money on it too early.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 10 of 67 (320 Views)