Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Re: PS4 feels like a beta

Apr 16, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Not another one of these threads.......

Don't worry.  I'm sure you'll get to post your 8 responses belittling people to feed that 14,000 post count.  

Message 11 of 67 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5616 posts

Apr 16, 2014

As a long time sony playstation supporter I kind of agree with this statement.. The PS3 had better sales at the beginning and still is continuing to do well and they have a lot of good games.. I have my PS4 as well and I feel like it does feel a little the same.. But they always say patience is a virtue.. While I have no patience sometimes for games sometimes ya gotta suck it up and wait.. But like I said I agree with what you said.. The PS3 is a lot better but I still enjoy my PS4.. I say give the PS4 a year or so and you'll see drastic improvements.. :-)

photo original_zpsuu822nnr.jpg
Message 12 of 67 (124 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12614 posts

Apr 16, 2014

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

As a long time sony playstation supporter I kind of agree with this statement.. The PS3 had better sales at the beginning and still is continuing to do well and they have a lot of good games.. I have my PS4 as well and I feel like it does feel a little the same.. But they always say patience is a virtue.. While I have no patience sometimes for games sometimes ya gotta suck it up and wait.. But like I said I agree with what you said.. The PS3 is a lot better but I still enjoy my PS4.. I say give the PS4 a year or so and you'll see drastic improvements.. :-)

Well that's just false.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 67 (119 Views)
Wastelander
601 posts

Apr 16, 2014
My ps4 feels like a awesome gaming machine with awesome games on the way.
Message 14 of 67 (116 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25925 posts

Apr 16, 2014

I'm always taken aback at the people who always say "the PS3 was better". My question is this; do you think that the PS3 had a lot of it's current features at launch? And the follow up would be; Do you even remember the PS3 launch? 

The console you buy now is not going to remain the same for the duration of ownership. You buy something like this not just for April 2014, but for 2015, 2016, and 2017. It was the exact same case with the PS3, and the most frequent complaint was "but... but..  but... I want to play games/ do stuff now!". You did have people who felt they couldn't wait, and they jumped ship early because they saw Call of Duty and Halo and went "oooooh... shiney!!". In the long term however, your patience is rewarded. 

All this complaining is doing is creating yet ANOTHER "gamer talking point". Parroting what you read on the internet does not make your case, in fact it does the opposite.

Message 15 of 67 (113 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5616 posts

Apr 16, 2014

@CaptainAlbator I do agree with you.. That's why I say patience is a virtue.. In some cases though but with the stuff they are porting out now is kind of horrible honestly and they are STILL catering to PS3.. PS3 is done and over with and old now.. Time to focus on the PS4 since they built it.. I feel like they are just ignoring it half the time but I know they are working on more improvements.. So we shall wait and see

photo original_zpsuu822nnr.jpg
Message 16 of 67 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1513 posts

Apr 16, 2014

BASSMEANT wrote:

Very let down. Been a ps vet since the early days, gaming longer then some of these players have been on the planet.

PS3 was better. The entire system, even though it was less powerful, was a better product.

The ps4 is fine if you are 24 and under. For adults, this has been a giant waste of cash. BF4 was not only a joke of a flagship game but has been tanked to fit the toddler gaming market.

The fact that mp3 files don't work... wait, what?

The lack of video cameras on the chat rooms... again, what?

Should have pushed the release of the console back to even out with the number of games available to play.

Hopefully Watch Dogs can carry this for a while, but it tanks, i think you're gonna start to see the xbone converters.

Shoulda had morpheus ready before releasing the ps4.

The content looks sad so far, the feature set is anemic... but you made sure to require ps+ for online play?

Whole thing feels like a cash grab... Hopefully this time next year the console will be doing more, but for now...

just feels like i paid to beta test your console.

Peace

Bassmeant

Gee, so I guess I just don't enjoy the system since im 24 and will be going on 25 soon. Guess I should just trade it in now for a One huh? *rolls eyes*

I guess we are in the days of other people telling us what we will enjoy and what we can and and can't enjoy huh? Cause thats what I got out of that statement.

I'm an adult and feel perfectly fine with my purchase. Its does what I expected it to and and what I wanted it to do. I'm not focused on whether it plays mp3s (thats what I have my computer and smartphone for, I never used that feature on my 360 more than once or twice), or if I can post vids on youtube from it (I have a account, but don't upload anything because I don't care about it). I bought the thing to play great games on it, and so far have been enjoying said games and enjoy it as a system. For me, I feel it was worth the money I spent on it. Although I'm a gamer who enjoys all types of games, not someone who just plays FPS, or racing games, or...etc, etc, etc. Another plus is the community is far more mature over here than it is on xbox. There seem to be alot more trolls and backstabbers in the xbox community than here.

Message 17 of 67 (105 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5823 posts

Apr 16, 2014

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

@CaptainAlbator I do agree with you.. That's why I say patience is a virtue.. In some cases though but with the stuff they are porting out now is kind of horrible honestly and they are STILL catering to PS3.. PS3 is done and over with and old now.. Time to focus on the PS4 since they built it.. I feel like they are just ignoring it half the time but I know they are working on more improvements.. So we shall wait and see

and sony and the devs fully supported the PS2 for the first few years of the PS3s lifecycle. it's the way it works, they support the older consoles because of the larger install base. if they cut support for ps3 now, they get a fraction of game sales than they would if they support both.

they are focusing on PS4 games, BUT these games are not built overnight. devs only got the PS4 dev-kit less than a year ago. most games, good games anyway, take multiple years and multiple millions of dollars.

what dev in their right mind is going to invest 25 million dollars into a game to *only* sell it on the PS4? none, unless they have the backing of a very large publisher, which even then, the publisher is going to want it on as many platforms as possible to maximize return and profit. 

new generation exclusives are a very expensive and risky venture to take. i know you say you understand the "patience" thing, but there are very valid reasons why the pace isn't what some people would like.

Message 18 of 67 (102 Views)
Survivor
2739 posts

Apr 16, 2014

BASSMEANT wrote:

Very let down. Been a ps vet since the early days, gaming longer then some of these players have been on the planet.

PS3 was better. The entire system, even though it was less powerful, was a better product.

The ps4 is fine if you are 24 and under. For adults, this has been a giant waste of cash. BF4 was not only a joke of a flagship game but has been tanked to fit the toddler gaming market.

The fact that mp3 files don't work... wait, what?

The lack of video cameras on the chat rooms... again, what?

Should have pushed the release of the console back to even out with the number of games available to play.

Hopefully Watch Dogs can carry this for a while, but it tanks, i think you're gonna start to see the xbone converters.

Shoulda had morpheus ready before releasing the ps4.

The content looks sad so far, the feature set is anemic... but you made sure to require ps+ for online play?

Whole thing feels like a cash grab... Hopefully this time next year the console will be doing more, but for now...

just feels like i paid to beta test your console.

Peace

Bassmeant

I am 28 and I am enjoying the PS 4 just fine. I buy gaming consoles to play games(what a shocker right?). I never once used Netflix, Hulu or any of that on PS 3.

Message 19 of 67 (101 Views)
Survivor
2739 posts

Apr 16, 2014

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

There are more PS 3's in homes than there are PS 4's so that's why. They're not just going to all of a sudden completely abandon the PS 3 I mean look at the PS 2 it still got a game for it last year(FIFA 14). Games like The Order 1886, DriveClub,Batman Arkham Knight, Assassin's Creed Unity and The Division will not be on the previous consoles.

Message 20 of 67 (94 Views)
0 Likes