Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Survivor
Registered: 04/04/2013
Online
2356 posts
 

Re: PS4 feels like a beta

Apr 16, 2014

Yeah YOU be the next xbone convert !!! I wan a good laugh reading what you post on the xbox forums....


Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
Member: Drive Club "Wheels N Motion"
Feel Free to look up the Club in game and join us.
Message 21 of 67 (104 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/08/2008
Online
8715 posts
 

Re: PS4 feels like a beta

Apr 16, 2014

BASSMEANT wrote:

Very let down. Been a ps vet since the early days, gaming longer then some of these players have been on the planet.

 

PS3 was better. The entire system, even though it was less powerful, was a better product.

 

The ps4 is fine if you are 24 and under. For adults, this has been a giant waste of cash. BF4 was not only a joke of a flagship game but has been tanked to fit the toddler gaming market.

The fact that mp3 files don't work... wait, what?

The lack of video cameras on the chat rooms... again, what?

Should have pushed the release of the console back to even out with the number of games available to play.

Hopefully Watch Dogs can carry this for a while, but it tanks, i think you're gonna start to see the xbone converters.

Shoulda had morpheus ready before releasing the ps4.

The content looks sad so far, the feature set is anemic... but you made sure to require ps+ for online play?

 

Whole thing feels like a cash grab... Hopefully this time next year the console will be doing more, but for now...

just feels like i paid to beta test your console.

 

Peace

Bassmeant


And I thank you for that, make sure to have all the bugs worked out before I get one ok?

 

I was almost in your shoes so i get it but I will just say your voice would have been much louder if you still had the $400 in your pocket.

 

That and that PS4 at $400 has less value then a 60GB PS3 did when I bought it for $700, for the respctive time frame and level of new technology/innovation and what it allowed.

 

 

 

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.


dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 22 of 67 (95 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/20/2009
Online
1799 posts
 

Re: PS4 feels like a beta

Apr 16, 2014

Any launch console will be like a beta, in fact it is pretty much a beta for the first 4 years until they have all the features they plan to introduce up and running.  That is why they have patches released for the consoles to fix what is not working as expected and to add new features.  For the OP's statement that the ps4 is for U24 only, well i am 35 and enjoying the console, so that claim does not hold any truth to it.  Could they improve/add features?  probably, but honestly for me, I probably would not use any of them  anyways.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 23 of 67 (93 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 02/23/2010
Offline
10 posts
 

Re: PS4 feels like a beta

Apr 16, 2014

Beta testing a product pretty well sums it up.  

 

I cant believe how many are clueless when it comes to the PS4 and what it shouldve been out of the box and had everything the ps3 had already.   Not features slowly added in future updates down the road.

 

The only updates should be minor things like.

- Notifications when friends come online/go offline

- Pausing/prioritizing downloads

- Sort games & apps by folders

- Sort trophies

- Dynamic themes

- ability to dim DualShock 4 lightbar

 

Imagine if the IPhone was made like the current systems,  would they make the next gen phone and "forget" to add in apps for games and music just cause its a new phone?   Noone would buy one if it was like that and the same shouldve went for the PS4.  

Message 24 of 67 (92 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/05/2003
Online
9284 posts
 

Re: PS4 feels like a beta

Apr 16, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Not another one of these threads.......


Yep another one of these threads.......


Message 25 of 67 (92 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/05/2003
Online
9284 posts
 

Re: PS4 feels like a beta

Apr 16, 2014

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

As a long time sony playstation supporter I kind of agree with this statement.. The PS3 had better sales at the beginning and still is continuing to do well and they have a lot of good games.. I have my PS4 as well and I feel like it does feel a little the same.. But they always say patience is a virtue.. While I have no patience sometimes for games sometimes ya gotta suck it up and wait.. But like I said I agree with what you said.. The PS3 is a lot better but I still enjoy my PS4.. I say give the PS4 a year or so and you'll see drastic improvements.. :-)


No way Sony sold 7 millio machines in 6 months. They had no where thatm any even made when PS3 launched. Please be realistic here.


Message 26 of 67 (92 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/20/2009
Online
1799 posts
 

Re: PS4 feels like a beta

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

As a long time sony playstation supporter I kind of agree with this statement.. The PS3 had better sales at the beginning and still is continuing to do well and they have a lot of good games.. I have my PS4 as well and I feel like it does feel a little the same.. But they always say patience is a virtue.. While I have no patience sometimes for games sometimes ya gotta suck it up and wait.. But like I said I agree with what you said.. The PS3 is a lot better but I still enjoy my PS4.. I say give the PS4 a year or so and you'll see drastic improvements.. :-)


No way Sony sold 7 millio machines in 6 months. They had no where thatm any even made when PS3 launched. Please be realistic here.


At this time in the ps3's life, some developers were saying they would not make games for the ps3 anymore unless Sony dropped the price and sold more units.  That does not sound like the ps3 had over 7 million units sold in 5 months.  Do not forget, yesterday was the ps4's 5 month anniversery.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 27 of 67 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/08/2008
Online
8715 posts
 

Re: PS4 feels like a beta

Apr 16, 2014

OMEGAspectre wrote:
Yeah the ps4 is missing a lot of features that the ps3 has, but a lot of the features the ps3 has now, it didn't when it was launched. You're comparing an old console that has been updated frequently to one that just came out.

In time, the ps4 will get most of the features you and others want.

 

IMO the PS3's feature set when I bought it was prettty revolutionary compared to the PS4 today.

 

PS3 brought millions of people into the HD era, when Bluray was so new and more expensive then I could have afforded.

 

The equilavent today would be 4k or at least 3d bluray out of the box, though even that is fairly old tech now.

 

Ps3 had so many shiney things most people didnt have before, PS4 launches with features everyone has had for years and is missing most of the best parts which have now become standard on all other much less expensive devices.

 

It is almost the exact opposite of the PS3 within its first 6months. 

 

But I also really dug the games the PS3 had near launch, Motorstorm to this day is my favorite racing series.

And Resistance was untouchable for years by any other shooter.

 

 

 

 

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.


dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 28 of 67 (87 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 08/01/2009
Online
2055 posts
 

Re: PS4 feels like a beta

Apr 16, 2014
Lmao OP just remember, when you put on your pants put them on one leg at a time. Unless of course you are sitting, then you can go for both at the same time. I think though in general if you are standing and you don't want to fall just step into them one leg at a time and then zip and button them up. Unless they are sweatpants, then they might have a drawstring which may or may not have to be adjusted so they fit you comfortably without falling down.

Message 29 of 67 (84 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/08/2008
Online
8715 posts
 

Re: PS4 feels like a beta

Apr 16, 2014

peckdogg68 wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

As a long time sony playstation supporter I kind of agree with this statement.. The PS3 had better sales at the beginning and still is continuing to do well and they have a lot of good games.. I have my PS4 as well and I feel like it does feel a little the same.. But they always say patience is a virtue.. While I have no patience sometimes for games sometimes ya gotta suck it up and wait.. But like I said I agree with what you said.. The PS3 is a lot better but I still enjoy my PS4.. I say give the PS4 a year or so and you'll see drastic improvements.. :-)


No way Sony sold 7 millio machines in 6 months. They had no where thatm any even made when PS3 launched. Please be realistic here.


At this time in the ps3's life, some developers were saying they would not make games for the ps3 anymore unless Sony dropped the price and sold more units.  That does not sound like the ps3 had over 7 million units sold in 5 months.  Do not forget, yesterday was the ps4's 5 month anniversery.


And you foget that at this point in the PS3's lifetime(well shortly after this point, around 7months in) Sony did not have a price drop, they had a $50 price increase.

 

This brought the PS3's price to $699 before taxes in Canada.  Which is when I made the purchase.  But it was worth it.

 

 

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.


dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 30 of 67 (79 Views)
Reply
0 Likes