Fender Bender
3310 posts

Re: PS4 launch titles getting trashed by critics

Nov 13, 2013

fede01_8 wrote:

KILLZONE : 74  http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/killzone-shadow-fall

Most around the 70s and low 80s

How is that trashing? I thought 70-80 meant it's good.

Twitter: @XenokingX
Message 21 of 28 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5702 posts

Nov 13, 2013

So, when I see a IGN or GameSpot review I will make a sarcastic comment saying "Will you give the PS4 a 3.0?" LOL

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 22 of 28 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Nov 13, 2013
Ryse: 6 titanfall: 7
Future guess
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 23 of 28 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Nov 13, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

da1writer wrote:

fede01_8 wrote:

Metacritic score for 

Knack : 59 http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/knack

POLYGON: 60

IGN : 59

GAMESPOT : 4/10

EUROGAMER: 40

JOYSTIQ: 30

KILLZONE : 74  http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/killzone-shadow-fall

Well, at least there are the 3rd parties games... and the indies. 

So no more mocking or looking down on MS launch games...

Or maybe they are paying critics to give Sony bad press, right?  *roll-eyes*

Does this really need a thread ? We know you aren't getting a PS4 but really? People buy what they want to buy and make their own judgement calls, not you. As a 360 owner from the beginning and jumped to Sony since E3 due to Microsoft's slap in the face, I can mock and look down on them all I like, same as you do with Sony.

Let's get this there, I'm a huge Killzone fan, so I could care less what the reviews said, I still bought Shadow Fall and will enjoy it. A review is an opinion by an individual, does not speak for the majority of consumers. I also got Knack too btw for the nostalgia factor and for my kids (which by your attitude, I'm sure you don't), so again, I could care less about reviews.

Let people enjoy what they want to buy, It's not always about the numbers when it comes to reviews. Just go buy your Xbox One fed01_8 and go enjoy it on your own time next week. You don't have to be a Debbie downer all the time you know....

I was going to give you kudos too Smiley Sad

Sadface. The care continuum is not followed.

*Ahem* 

The way he phrased it means he COULD care less or not at all..... but he chooses not to.....

the caring Continuum.jpg

Furiously Chaosing
Message 24 of 28 (190 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2013

kingbro1 wrote:

fede01_8 wrote:

How is that trashing? I thought 70-80 meant it's good.

If you follow the link, you will see that Killzine, in particular, has a majority of positive reviews.

I have never, ever trusted Metacritic.  I have reviewers whose opinion usually falls in with my own, and I trust those reviews to give me an idea of how the game will appeal to me.

Rise of Nightmares, for example. 

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/rise-of-nightmares

It has a 54 on Metacritic, and a 77 user rating.  I adore that game.  Yes, it is a 360 game, and, yes, it is an all-Kinect game.  Had I based my opinion on the metacritic data, I would never have played it.

I beilieve that most launch titles, across the board, will be slammed on Metacritic.  I also believe that Metacritic is a poor way to judge a game.

So what?

I'm going to play the games I want to play, and form my opinion based off of my experience.

I also do not care how well the Xbox One games get reviewed, as it in no way affects me whatsoever.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 25 of 28 (170 Views)
Lombax Warrior
223 posts

Nov 13, 2013

and? i'll buy the game myself and come up with my own opinion and not have it be made by reviewers.

"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views."
Squall Leonhart
Message 26 of 28 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6878 posts

Nov 13, 2013

hater ;

A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person.

example.
Susan: You know, Kevin from accounting is doing very well. He just bought a house in a very nice part of town.

Jane (hater): If he is doing so well why does he drive that '89 Taurus?

You fedes are offically a Ps hater..

haters_c_238065.jpg

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 27 of 28 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Nov 13, 2013

Good scores for the most part. And I don't think that we should be talking the likes of Polygon seriously. The game got an 8.8 from GameTrailers, 8 from IGN and 8 from OPM UK. That's very good.

Message 28 of 28 (128 Views)
0 Likes