Jun 16 2013
By: pcfljames First Son 4 posts

PS4 not worh it

55 replies 668 views Edited Jun 16, 2013

dir sir or madam

I have been a loyal plausayion fan for years, no matter what other systems I own, my playstation is the core. When Ps3 came out I was dissappointed i was not backwards compatible. I bought a PS3, but have regretted not being able to play my old favorites from the earlier systems. This PS4 will be the same, even with this streaming bull I heard about, it is not worth rebuying old games over again--loosing all game data from my old games( which is bigger than the monetary loss. I do not enjoy downloads, prefer physical copies. I do not have room to keep both systems. So I believe my days of Playstation are now over, as with X-box. Fortunately the Wii U will allow BC in the physical form. 

James Watts

Message 1 of 56 (668 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
13017 posts

Re: PS4 not worh it

Jun 16, 2013
It's not worth it because you cant play old games on a new system? You're telling me you want to buy a brand new system to play old games?

Get
Out
Of
My
Forum
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 2 of 56 (662 Views)
Fender Bender
3206 posts

Jun 16, 2013
You sir are NOT A PLAYSTATION FAN. The Original PlayStation 3 units COULD play PS1 and PS2 games. Only the slim models and newer could not play PS2 games.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 3 of 56 (662 Views)
Wastelander
944 posts

Jun 16, 2013

That is your opinion. People don't realize how hard it is to make it backwards compatible. Why do you think they look it out of the later models of the PS3

Message 4 of 56 (651 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jun 16, 2013
Leave, James. Leave and never come back.

You'll only find tears here.
Message 5 of 56 (647 Views)
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 16, 2013

Backwards compatibility is a silly litmus test for what makes a console "worth it."  Did you see the Sony presser at E3?  If you didn't, then you should look it up on youtube.  If you did, and you still think this way, then I've got nothing for you.  In 20 years, when all of us are rocking out with the PS7, I hope you're still enjoying your vast library of PS3 titles.

PSN: sleepyeyes2k2
Reformed Xbox Gamer

21lob2s.png
Message 6 of 56 (640 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 16, 2013

No I don't want to have to have thirty sytems when one could cover it all, and I do not want to ripped as a consumer. I have been gaming since the early ataris and intelevisions. Tired of these pepole screwing over the consumer with new consoles. The Ps2 played Ps1 games fine, so I lost nothing in the ransition of systems. With the Ps3 and Ps4...I have and will lose...because I have no space for another system, so one would have to go...and I have tons of games that I could no longer play, most of which I am fond of.

Message 7 of 56 (637 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9113 posts

Jun 16, 2013

pcfljames wrote:

dir sir or madam

I have been a loyal plausayion fan for years, no matter what other systems I own, my playstation is the core. When Ps3 came out I was dissappointed i was not backwards compatible. I bought a PS3, but have regretted not being able to play my old favorites from the earlier systems. This PS4 will be the same, even with this streaming bull I heard about, it is not worth rebuying old games over again--loosing all game data from my old games( which is bigger than the monetary loss. I do not enjoy downloads, prefer physical copies. I do not have room to keep both systems. So I believe my days of Playstation are now over, as with X-box. Fortunately the Wii U will allow BC in the physical form. 

James Watts

tumblr_m2ohxkoqD31qk88o4.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 8 of 56 (635 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13508 posts

Jun 16, 2013

If you are such a dedicated Playstation fan, wouldn't you still have your old consoles to play your old games?

I do.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 56 (634 Views)
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jun 16, 2013
"screwing over the consumer with new consoles"?????????????????

I'll bet you hate the new light bulbs, and think that flat-screen TVs are for noobs. My first system was an Atari 2600. Oh, how glad I am that the gaming industry thought it might be a good idea to, I don't know, *improve* over time.
PSN: sleepyeyes2k2
Reformed Xbox Gamer

21lob2s.png
Message 10 of 56 (491 Views)