Reply
MVP Support
Registered: 05/12/2009
Offline
6337 posts
 

Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One

Feb 17, 2014

RxVenomFox12 wrote:

I'm a proud launch day PS4 owner, but one day I will own both. I want the Xbox One for the exclusives, because hey, I can't deny myself the next Halo game, I've been playing all the Halo's since Halo 1, so I owe it to myself to keep playing the legendary franchise.


Huge Quality drop since Halo Reach. I dunno, the game hasn't been the same ever since and that's not a good thing either.

"RNGsus, hallowed be thy name. Thy digits come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in the Tower. Give us this day our daily shards. And forgive us our dismantles, as we forgive those who have dismantled before us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the Cryptarch. For thine is the loot table, the engrams, and the luck, forever and ever."
~Amen
Message 11 of 49 (328 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 04/05/2003
Online
10707 posts
 

Re: PS4 vs XBONE

Feb 17, 2014

italodancemp3 wrote:

I'm thinking to get XBONE since sony doesn't support PS VITA,and i don't care about spec or hardware anymore,just want a good support and more games

 

 


More games? You may want recheck your system idea. Its well know that Sony has the better exclusive than MS 


Message 12 of 49 (323 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 09/30/2013
Offline
526 posts
 

Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One

Feb 17, 2014

Emerald_Swords wrote:

RxVenomFox12 wrote:

I'm a proud launch day PS4 owner, but one day I will own both. I want the Xbox One for the exclusives, because hey, I can't deny myself the next Halo game, I've been playing all the Halo's since Halo 1, so I owe it to myself to keep playing the legendary franchise.


Huge Quality drop since Halo Reach. I dunno, the game hasn't been the same ever since and that's not a good thing either.


I can see what you mean in terms of quality, I mean speaking only in terms of sound, Halo 4 wasn't that good, but I thought the story was great, and I got invested in the emotion between Cortona and Chief. To me, it was a great story and that is worth a lot more than the quality of sound and graphics.

Message 13 of 49 (301 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/26/2013
Offline
453 posts
 

Re: PS4 vs XBONE

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2014

JohnKarnes wrote:

We all know who is winning the console war. That really doesn't matter and should not be your reason for choice.

I bought my PS4 because:

1 My Phat 80Gb (now 1Tb) ps3 is still going strong I play it almost daily. My PS2 still works great They Last and that tell me a lot about Playstation.

2 Playstation Plus is great! I get free games each month on PS4, PS3 and Vita. I am offered games with discounts for being a member.

3 The PS4 is $100 LESS.

4 I love the Playstation exclusives.

5 That Playstation is embracing Indies bringing low cost great games to PS.

6 The Playstation Credit Card that give me points to buy Playstation products.

7 Playstation is more powerful

8 The New share button for live streaming is really cool.

9 The looks of the system

10 A camera that I pick to buy not forced to buy it. I have one cool PiP when sharing live stream.

11. The only reason I need Plus is for Free games and online play of most (not all games)

12 EVERYTHING else is NOT behind a pay wall.

13. Free to play games on a console!!! Wow!

14. The controller is GREAT

15. I can change the HD anytime I want with another 2.5 low cost HD

That why I got a PS4 not to say its better then anyone...



 This!!!!

Message 14 of 49 (297 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/25/2013
Offline
151 posts
 

Re: PS4 vs XBONE

Feb 17, 2014

italodancemp3 wrote:

I'm thinking to get XBONE since sony doesn't support PS VITA,and i don't care about spec or hardware anymore,just want a good support and more games

 

 


I'm confused as to what does Sony not supporting the Vita have to do with you deciding on the Xbone???

Message 15 of 49 (287 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 11/29/2008
Online
2637 posts
 

Re: PS4 vs XBONE

Feb 17, 2014

What I don't get is while the PS4 is the most powerful game console, it has vastly superior ports or multiplats but inferior exclusives, what's up with that.? 

Message 16 of 49 (279 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/05/2006
Offline
10065 posts
 

Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One

Feb 17, 2014
@PaperCarrier

Do you see Ryse with a metascore of 60 as being a superior exclusive? Even Forza 5 was a downgrade from previous installments. And nobody really even cared about Dead Rising when the last installment was a multiplat.

Now you might ask yourself, where are all the Sony exclusives? They all released on the PS3 in 2013. Microsoft on the other hand had one game that wasn't a simple party game driven be a $100+ dollar accessory. That was the really bad Gears of War spinoff known as Judgement which was made by a B list developer. PS3 on the other hand had like 10 exclusives in 2013 with one of them being deemed one of the best games ever made.

Great PS4 exclusives will come. There's just no point right now. The console is still selling out everywhere even three months after launch and games are currently much more profitable on last gen consoles.

Microsoft also spent a boatload of money locking down Titanfall. Money that could have been much better spent on better hardware. It's not like it will stay exclusive beyond the first installment. This is EA we are talking about and they care more about money then they do dome kind of system war. Titanfall 2 as an XB/PC exclusive would lose EA billions of dollars. Unless it flops however. Then nobody would even care anyway.
Message 17 of 49 (263 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 11/29/2008
Online
2637 posts
 

Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2014

Murderstyle75 wrote:
@PaperCarrier

Do you see Ryse with a metascore of 60 as being a superior exclusive? Even Forza 5 was a downgrade from previous installments. And nobody really even cared about Dead Rising when the last installment was a multiplat.

Now you might ask yourself, where are all the Sony exclusives? They all released on the PS3 in 2013. Microsoft on the other hand had one game that wasn't a simple party game driven be a $100+ dollar accessory. That was the really bad Gears of War spinoff known as Judgement which was made by a B list developer. PS3 on the other hand had like 10 exclusives in 2013 with one of them being deemed one of the best games ever made.

Great PS4 exclusives will come. There's just no point right now. The console is still selling out everywhere even three months after launch and games are currently much more profitable on last gen consoles.

Microsoft also spent a boatload of money locking down Titanfall. Money that could have been much better spent on better hardware. It's not like it will stay exclusive beyond the first installment. This is EA we are talking about and they care more about money then they do dome kind of system war. Titanfall 2 as an XB/PC exclusive would lose EA billions of dollars. Unless it flops however. Then nobody would even care anyway.

Not saying there's anything wrong with the PS4 as it's a powerful piece of hardware, XBOX One's exclusives aren't any better either.  It's about the developers, they can do much better than that but for some reason they just don't.  That's what disappoints me most

Message 18 of 49 (259 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/05/2006
Offline
10065 posts
 

Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One

Feb 17, 2014
@PaperCarrier

I think that has to do with money. These early games don't sell very well meaning little money is put into them. At least with a multiplat, its expected to do well since its selling on multiple platforms. The next gen enhancements don't cost as much for them to do as it would building the game from the ground up while expecting little return based on such a small userbase.
Message 19 of 49 (247 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/28/2013
Offline
204 posts
 

Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One

Feb 17, 2014

i have had the xbox one going on 4 months now cant wait for Titanfall in halo 2 remake coming later this year ill have a ps4 somtime next year

Message 20 of 49 (238 Views)
Reply
0 Likes