Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Re: PS4 will be developer friendly?

Apr 27, 2013
Doesn't it have to do with the PS3 being more reliant on CPU, and the 360 being more reliant on their GPU, that makes the 360 easier to develop for, dea?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 11 of 17 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Apr 27, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:
Doesn't it have to do with the PS3 being more reliant on CPU, and the 360 being more reliant on their GPU, that makes the 360 easier to develop for, dea?

yes this is true,and the CELL CPU still has never been fully utilized and we will most likely never see it's full potential..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 12 of 17 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7768 posts

Apr 27, 2013

kythunder wrote:

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:

yes this is true,and the CELL CPU still has never been fully utilized and we will most likely never see it's full potential..

Yeah, we may never see it.

I was thinking they'd develop the cell further, speed up the bus, work out the kinks and bottlenecks (Especially that ridiculous bottleneck where the CELL can only slowly read from RSX memory), drop dependency on XDR, add more SPEs and PPC cores... Oh well. Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 17 (50 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3149 posts

Apr 27, 2013
I also read the the Cell in the PS3 is alot more powerful and has more cores due to the development of the 8 sub processors. But its really hard to program for and really get the use out of the system. Most developers are used to the PC type of processors and the Cell CPU is alot different. Lol im deff not an expert and have stopped building PC's in 2007 so I only know what others have said.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 14 of 17 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 27, 2013
Yeah, but see, when you take the time, and put in the hard work, then you get games like Uncharted and Little Big Planet 2.(or 1, whichever floats your boat)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 15 of 17 (43 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3149 posts

Apr 27, 2013
Yup that's why we call them lazy developers hahaha.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 16 of 17 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Apr 27, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:

Well, I watched the announcement on the PS4 a while back, and it dawned on me how much emphasis they put on the system being more developer friendly than the PS3. Which, is understandable, considering on how all the developers of multi platform games, said how the system was so hard to develop for, compared to the PC and 360.

So, my question to you guys. We already know Sony has the best exclusives, and so will the PS4, so, will the PS4, in your opinion, also have a lead in multi platform games, as well?

We all know that the 360 has an edge on us with multi platform games. Whether it be microscopic graphical improvements, less bugs, or better framrate, the 360 has that edge on the PS3. But now, the PS4 will be more developer friendly, meaning that developers of multi platform games, will finally have the chance to go all out on the PS4, without running into many problems, if any.

I think their going to take the edge in both exclusives AND multi platforming in next gen. You guys?

It's hard to say if the PS4 will be the main platform to develop for or not. It could be ; considering Sony worked with these developers to make the PS4, which was a good idea. I am excited for the PS4.

Message 17 of 17 (36 Views)
0 Likes