Mar 26 2013
By: KrisButtar First Son 10 posts

PS4 will have native backwards compatibility model?

22 replies 820 views Edited Mar 26, 2013

Consoles don't last forever, when my PS3 inevitably dies am I supposed to buy one again just because PS3 games aren't compatible with the PS4? As far as Im concerned there is no justifiable reason for a lack of BC. BC was the feature that sold myself and others on the PS3 even with the high price tag. My friends and I feel alienated because we couldn't use the Gaikai for BC because we have internet caps, dial up connection(28kb/s) and some of us, don't even have the option to have internet as its not offered where they live.

Message 1 of 23 (820 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Re: PS4 will have native backwards compatibility model?

Mar 26, 2013
QQ
Message 2 of 23 (818 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
19770 posts

Mar 26, 2013
The only form of backwards compatibility seems to be with Gaikai, so if you want to keep playing older games, I recommend holding onto your PS3 for as long as possible. I know how it feels to have a slower Internet speed, so I don't even know if I'll be able to use Gaikai. Again, I recommend holding onto your PS3 for as long as you can.
Message 3 of 23 (809 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Mar 26, 2013

What we know its the hardware its different so the games are not compatible in a native way and emulation its not out of the question yet

Message 4 of 23 (796 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15329 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

KrisButtar wrote:

Consoles don't last forever, when my PS3 inevitably dies am I supposed to buy one again just because PS3 games aren't compatible with the PS4? As far as Im concerned there is no justifiable reason for a lack of BC. BC was the feature that sold myself and others on the PS3 even with the high price tag. My friends and I feel alienated because we couldn't use the Gaikai for BC because we have internet caps, dial up connection(28kb/s) and some of us, don't even have the option to have internet as its not offered where they live.

If your PS3 has lived thus far I'm wagering it will exist on into the future for a considerable amount of time. It isn't guaranteed to die one day. The reason for the lack of BC is the dissimilar architecture of the PS3 and PS4. It doesn't have to play PS3 games anyway, it is a completely new console. We don't have many details on how Gaikai's service will work so I'm not passing any judgment on it. I suggest you do the same.

By the way, you could have used the search function to find the several other threads here about the same thing, using the same argument. 

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 5 of 23 (790 Views)
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Mar 26, 2013

as stated it is diffent hardware / architecture. Its not that sony just decided not to make it BC b/c they are a bunch of **bleep** hats. Its just that its not possible for BC. Just keep your PS3, hell my PS1 / PS2 still work plus as time goes on you wont even play any PS3 games anymore once the stock pile of PS4 games gets bigger. How many PS2 games do you currently play....see my point.

Message 6 of 23 (769 Views)
Last Guardian
9116 posts

Mar 26, 2013

is-the-playstation-network-working-20110425111545888.jpg

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 7 of 23 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
646 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Have they said if it will have PSOne disc compatibility?  Not that it would matter to many, but as it can be accomplished via software emulation, if it's not included, I'd have to assume it is out of greed.

Message 8 of 23 (734 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Mar 26, 2013

It wont play PS3 games...I assume its to make more money. You can say its because it runs on different hardware..Blah blah blah..But when they took the BC out of the Ps3, it was for money. Gaikai wont be free, and is an unnecessary 3rd party entity.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 9 of 23 (727 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Mar 26, 2013

I dont see why there is a big fuss over it. 6 months after it is out if your still that concerned about being able to play PS3 games then you should not have bought a PS4 to begin with. Keep your current PS3 to play any games until your done w/ it and stick with just the PS4. Its not that hard to work around and no need to make such a big cry fest over it

Message 10 of 23 (706 Views)