By participating in Long Live Play™ PSN Community Spotlight (the “Promotion”), each entrant (or his or her parent or legal guardian if the entrant is under the age of majority in his or her state of residence) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection and scoring of entries and the overall administration of the Promotion. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Promotion.
- 1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 13 or older at time of entry with a valid PlayStation®Network ID (“PSN ID”) (individually “Entrant”, collectively “Entrants”). Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, agencies, and the judging panel and immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter, win or vote. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- 2. SPONSOR: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd, Foster City, CA 94404 (“Sponsor”).
- 3. TIMING: The Promotion begins March 3, 2012 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends on December 28, 2012 at 9:30 a.m. PST (the “Promotion Period”). During the Promotion Period, each week will be defined as follows:
- Week 1 to Week 10:
12:00 p.m. PST March 31, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST April 6, 2012
- Week 11:
9:31 a.m. PST April 7, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST April 13, 2012
- Week 12:
9:31 a.m. PST April 14, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST April 20, 2012
- Week 13:
9:31 a.m. PST April 21, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST April 27, 2012
- Week 14:
9:31 a.m. PST April 28, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST May 4, 2012
- Week 15:
9:31 a.m. PST May 5, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST May 11, 2012
- Week 16:
9:31 a.m. PST May 12, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST May 18, 2012
- Week 17:
9:31 a.m. PST May 19, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST May 25, 2012
- Week 18:
9:31 a.m. PST May 26, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST June 1, 2012
- Week 19:
9:31 a.m. PST June 2, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST June 8, 2012
- Week 20:
9:31 a.m. PST June 9, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST June 15, 2012
- Week 21:
9:31 a.m. PST June 16, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST June 22, 2012
- Week 22:
9:31 a.m. PST June 23, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST June 29, 2012
- Week 23:
9:31 a.m. PST June 30, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST July 6, 2012
- Week 24:
9:31 a.m. PST July 7, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST July 13, 2012
- Week 25:
9:31 a.m. PST July 14, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST July 20, 2012
- Week 1 to Week 10:
- xvii. Week 26:
9:31 a.m. PST July 21, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST July 27, 2012
- xviii. Week 27:
9:31 a.m. PST July 28, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST August 3, 2012
- Week 28:
9:31 a.m. PST August 4, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST August 10, 2012
- Week 29:
9:31 a.m. PST August 11, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST August 17, 2012
- Week 30:
9:31 a.m. PST August 18, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST August 24, 2012
- xxii. Week 31:
9:31 a.m. PST August 25, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST August 30, 2012
- xxiii. Week 32:
9:31 a.m. PST September 1, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST September 7, 2012
- xxiv. Week 33:
9:31 a.m. PST September 8, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST September 14, 2012
- xxv. Week 34:
9:31 a.m. PST September 15, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST September 21, 2012
- xxvi. Week 35:
9:31 a.m. PST September 22, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST September 28, 2012
- xxvii. Week 36:
9:31 a.m. PST September 29, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST October 5, 2012
- xxviii. Week 37:
9:31 a.m. PST October 6, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST October 12, 2012
- xxix. Week 38:
9:31 a.m. PST October 13, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST October 19, 2012
- xxx. Week 39:
9:31 a.m. PST October 20, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST October 26, 2012
- xxxi. Week 40:
9:31 a.m. PST October 27, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST November 2, 2012
- xxxii. Week 41:
9:31 a.m. PST November 3, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST November 9, 2012
- xxxiii. Week 42:
9:31 a.m. PST November 10, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST November 16, 2012
- xxxiv. Week 43:
9:31 a.m. PST November 17, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST November 23, 2012
- xxxv. Week 44:
9:31 a.m. PST November 24, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST November 30, 2012
- xxxvi. Week 45:
9:31 a.m. PST December 1, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST December 7, 2012
- xxxvii. Week 46:
9:31 a.m. PST December 8, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST December 14, 2012
- xxxviii. Week 47:
9:31 a.m. PST December 15, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST December 22, 2012
- xxxix. Week 48:
9:31 a.m. PST December 22, 2012 to 9:30 a.m. PST December 28, 2012
- 4. HOW TO ENTER: Internet access and PSN ID are required to enter this Promotion. To enter, go to http://community.us.playstation.com/community/play
station_network/psn_community_meets_the_ps_blog. Create your own original post regarding PlayStation, the video game industry, or video game trends. (“Entry”). Submit your Entry by selecting the “Create Post” button. Entries will be limited to 5000 characters in length. Multiple entries per PSN ID are permitted.
- 5. JUDGING: The following factors will be used to judge each Entry by Sponsor’s representatives: 50% Creativity; 33.33% Relevance to PlayStation brand and line of products; 33.33% Relevance to video game industry and video game trends (“Judging Criteria”). Sponsor’s representatives will score each Entry based on the Judging Criteria. The top Entry that receives the highest score for the Week entered will win. Entrants are subject to verification that they are qualified participants as defined by these rules.
- 6. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION: Each Entrant competing may need to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (“Affidavit”) in accordance with the instructions listed in the notification correspondence. Sponsor must receive the completed Affidavit by 12:00 p.m. (noon) PST 3 weeks after winner has been notified or Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify Entrant. If an Entrant is considered a minor in the legal jurisdiction in which the Entrant resides, then that Entrant’s parent or legal guardian will be required to execute and return an Affidavit. Non-compliance with these Official Rules, failure to return all required documentation by the stated deadline or Sponsor’s inability to contact an Entrant (using the contact information provided in his or her Entry) within a reasonable time period, as determined by Sponsor’s sole discretion, may result in disqualification.
- 7. GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each Entrant is responsible for his or her Entry and the consequences of posting or publishing it. In connection with the Entry, each Entrant affirms, represents, and warrants that: Entrant owns or has the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to use the Entry in the manner contemplated by Sponsor; and (ii) Entrant has obtained the written consent, release and permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the Entry to use that person’s name or likeness in the Entry and in the manner contemplated by Sponsor. By submitting an Entry to Sponsor, Entrant waives any and all rights in and to any material submitted by Entrant in connection with this Promotion (including all moral and other rights of authorship); (ii) hereby acknowledges and agrees that Entries (including material submitted by Entrant in connection with the Promotion) become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned; and (iii) grants Sponsor the absolute right to edit, modify, publish, exploit and use an Entry, voice, actions, likeness, name, appearance, biographical material, and information or materials that Entrant has provided or may provide in connection with this Promotion in any media, now known or hereafter devised, and in any manner, without further approval, permission or consideration, throughout the universe in perpetuity. Sponsor is under no obligation to use an Entry. Each Entrant is bound by the PlayStation Blog Comments Policy: We want to hear from you and encourage comments, critiques, questions and suggestions. We ask that you simply stay on topic, respect other people’s opinions, avoid profanity, offensive statements, illegal content and anything else that might violate our standard terms and conditions. Be aware that anything sent in, posted or disclosed to SCEA can be reproduced, disclosed, transmitted, published, broadcast or posted somewhere else. SCEA can use without compensation to you any ideas, concepts or techniques that you send, post or disclose, including anything having to do with the development, manufacturing and marketing of our products. If you have rights in anything you send in, post or disclose, you grant to SCEA the licenses necessary to use it. Note that comments will also be limited to 1250 characters in length. Please understand that we reserve the right to edit or delete comments for any reason we deem appropriate. This is a moderated blog and comments will appear if and when they are approved. We will review the queue several times daily, so please don’t resubmit if your comment doesn’t appear immediately. The opinions expressed here are not necessarily the opinions of Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) and we assume no responsibility for such content. Please do not post any private information (including your PlayStation®Network ID) unless you want it to be available publicly. By participating in this Promotion, you accept the PlayStation Blog Comments Policy.
- 8. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Each Entry submitted must be in keeping with the Sponsor’s image (as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion), (ii) may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, contain nudity, unlawful or plagiarized, (iii) must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, (iv) may not violate or encourage others to violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation, (v) may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property right or any other third party right, (vi) may not contain commercial or corporate advertising, including display of corporate logos, brand names and slogans, other than those relating to Sponsor, (vii) may not include references to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms or any depiction or representation thereof and (viii) may not include any virus, worm, corrupt file, Trojan horse or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise Sponsor’s web site or the proper conduct of the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the accuracy or truthfulness of any information contained within a submitted Video. Sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to determine if any Video is not appropriate for publication on the Site or for any other public release and if Video is in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify a Video for any reason. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to this Promotion.
- 9. PRIZES: Each Week, one grand prize winner will receive $50.00 in PlayStation®Store credit in the form of a voucher (voucher will be emailed to the winner’s email address that is linked to their PSN ID) and the winning forum entry will be displayed on the official PlayStation Blog, or highlighted on the PlayStation Community forums approximately 9 days after selecting the winning forum entry ($50.00 Approximate Retail Value). Prize fulfillment is based on availability. Please allow 6-8 weeks for prize delivery. Taxes on prize, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize is unavailable. Sponsor may disqualify a winner and select an alternate winner if any prize is returned undeliverable. Prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor need not substitute a prize based on the winner’s request.
- 10. WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be selected based on the Judging Criteria from valid Entries received during the Promotion Period.
Date Winning Forum Entry Posted
Date Winner Chosen
Sponsor’s decisions will be final and binding. Each winning Entrant will be notified via email. The potential winning Entrant must respond to Sponsor’s prize notification email within 3 business days from that date and time of the Sponsor’s prize notification email. In the event that the potential winning Entrant does not respond to Sponsor’s prize notification email within the specified time or the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, a new winner will be chosen based on the Judging Criteria. Alternate winners will be contacted via email and must respond to the Sponsor’s prize notification email within 3 business days from that date and time of the Sponsor’s prize notification email.
- 11. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer relating to participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; inability to access the Site or upload information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website (including the Site) or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of uploading information or data or entering information at the Site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, duplicate and incomplete Entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive Entries or acts shall render Entrants ineligible and all associated Entries or Votes will be void.
- 12. INDEMNITY: Entrant shall indemnify and defend Sponsor its parent companies, each of Sponsor’s advertising agencies, and the officers, directors, employees, and agents of all of the foregoing and the successors and assigns of each of them, from and against actions, claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable counsel fees related to Entrant’s use of any prize, (ii) the Sponsor’s use of any of the materials submitted by Entrant in connection with this Promotion or (iii) any intentional misconduct or negligence by Entrant in connection with this Promotion.
- 13. RELEASES: As a condition of participating in the Promotion, Entrants release Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions and affiliates from liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including property damage, personal injury and death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance or use of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activities and claims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- 14. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winning Entrants are subject to Sponsor’s verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of prizes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Sponsor has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to Entrant’s contact information. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered Entries will be accepted. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other Entrant.
- 15. WINNER LIST: To obtain a winner list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “Long Live Play PSN Community Spotlight” Attn: SCEA PSN Marketing, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City, CA 94404. Sponsor will send requested winner lists within 4-6 weeks after all prizes are awarded. Requests for the winner list must be received by January 11, 2013.
There is no character counter on the post creation page. So Please let us know if we need to redo the entry, because i don't want to get disqualified for not counting 1250 characters.
I did 1390 words. Would that be acceptable since I said what I needed to say in as little as possible? If It came to that, I would crunch it down by 100 hundred characters. You need to really get the word out (no pun intended) on this 1250 character limit because some people have gone way past that although it's enjoyable to read.