Jul 03 2013
By: darkie123 Splicer 78 posts

PSN ID change.. why not?

7 replies 237 views Edited Jul 3, 2013
On NeoGaf there has been a little talk about PlayStation offering a service to change your PSN ID. Also to upgrade sub-accounts to master accounts. Xbox Live allows a gamertag name change for $10. I actually get that it would be difficult for Sony as a whole to offer this service, PSN is much more than Xbox live in that it envelopes Music unlimited, Sony store accounts and generally everything Sony. It all falls onto my gaming ID. But as a player, the PSN name I chose when I was 18 is definitely NOT one I want to keep. Keep in mind this has never been talked of by Sony, it's not a rumor. Just a persons opinion. I'm sure others out there have made a hasty or regretful PSN name they would pay to have changed. I agree with neogaf, that if nothing else we deserve this option as a one time "favor" with the PS4 release.

Anyone out there feel the same way? Let's make it known. Let us know how you feel about it.

--------------------
Is this how?!
Message 1 of 8 (237 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: PSN ID change.. why not?

Jul 3, 2013
We might see a name in Ps4 . But there's no good names available anyways. Unless they start placing those inactive never recover names into the system to be use again. Its very pointless to me. Btw
Message 2 of 8 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1491 posts

Jul 3, 2013
I feel you but I love my name, I could understand where people would be willing to use this and it might be a great idea so i'm onboard
Message 3 of 8 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Jul 3, 2013
I sincerely doubt all the good names are taken. Most people aren't looking to use Cloud Strife for a name. There are a lot of different names to express yourself, I still can get names I like in my MMO's. From a business standpoint if Xbox has the feature and people can find good names, the reality is there are more Xbox users then PlayStation. Worrying about not getting a good name would be something that would never have crossed my mind.

--------------------
Is this how?!
Message 4 of 8 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Jul 3, 2013
You had me kind of thinking about it with the names being taken. So I went and created four new accounts just to have the name, out of those four only one of them was taken and a small change with a number changed that.

--------------------
Is this how?!
Message 5 of 8 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jul 3, 2013

darkie123 wrote:
You had me kind of thinking about it with the names being taken. So I went and created four new accounts just to have the name, out of those four only one of them was taken and a small change with a number changed that.

I just did the same thing, myself.  Got caught on another thread, too.  I didn't want to post with them until i got home. ><

Grindhead_Jim

Message 6 of 8 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11298 posts

Jul 3, 2013
If you have a JPN account you can change your ID, not sure if Sony patched that.
Message 7 of 8 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

That's what I was going to say. IMO, they should attach Sony Entertainment to a person's email, so that (maybe) they can feel free to change their PSN display name more easily without changing the main account ID.

They can also put a limit, say you can change it only once 1 month, or quarter, or year. So that it doesn't throw off the internal logistics at Sony with people being OCD with their name and changing it ever month.

And to be honest, Microsoft was very smart in making people pay to change their names. They make a lot of money off of people being OCD with their names.

Just a thought.

Message 8 of 8 (160 Views)