Mar 26 2013
By: Arcticbliss First Son 1 posts

PSN ID

8 replies 169 views Edited Mar 26, 2013

So I am really sick of my PSN ID and I don't want to reset. I want to keep my current information such as my trophies. I find it rather pathetic that they never included a abilitly like being able to change you ID. I was just wondering if anyone knows of a solution or a circumstance to change your ID.

Message 1 of 9 (169 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40615 posts

Re: PSN ID

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

Arcticbliss wrote:

So I am really sick of my PSN ID and I don't want to reset. I want to keep my current information such as my trophies. I find it rather pathetic that they never included a abilitly like being able to change you ID. I was just wondering if anyone knows of a solution or a circumstance to change your ID.

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

No, once created a PSN ID cannot be altered or changed in any way, your only option is to create a new account & lose your trophies thus far earn't or stick with your current one.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 9 (167 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

Arcticbliss wrote:

This is why I spent a significant amount of time comming up with a unique name, going through many online games and services before I settled on one.

Also, think about the confusion that would insue if your friends were switching up their IDs all the time. The MMO 'Runescape' has this feature, and its obnoxious, opening my friends list I see alot of my buddies names with arrows pointing to their previous screen names, and eventually that goes away, so you have to re-memorize who is who. And in the case of the PSN, you have an avatar along with your ID that you CAN change...it would be too confushing. I hope they never allow this.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 3 of 9 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

Arcticbliss wrote:

This is why I spent a significant amount of time comming up with a unique name, going through many online games and services before I settled on one.

Also, think about the confusion that would insue if your friends were switching up their IDs all the time. The MMO 'Runescape' has this feature, and its obnoxious, opening my friends list I see alot of my buddies names with arrows pointing to their previous screen names, and eventually that goes away, so you have to re-memorize who is who. And in the case of the PSN, you have an avatar along with your ID that you CAN change...it would be too confushing. I hope they never allow this.

Honestly, I think it would be great if they allowed users to change their PSN ID's at least ONCE. Maybe even charge a fee for it, if they want. (I wouldn't use it. I've used this name online since the mid 90's.)

More importatly though, I hope they one day allow members to finally make "sub-accounts" Master Accounts.

I snagged up my brother's online name, when I got my PS3,, so that when he eventually got a PS3, he would have the same online ID he's used for years. Unfortantly, when he did get one, that is when I realized it turned his ID into a sub-account for mine, and he could not make it a master.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 4 of 9 (151 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Mar 26, 2013

I totally agree on the sub-master feature, but I the only thing I might not mind TOO much is if they allowed you to change your ID ONCE, within 1 week of creating it.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 5 of 9 (147 Views)
Platinum
55494 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Arcticbliss wrote:

Just so you don't feel alone, 20 + more threads for you to talk to others who agree with you in Smiley Wink 
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels%2Clocation&locati...

Message 6 of 9 (129 Views)
Last Guardian
9509 posts

Mar 26, 2013

How many trophies you have exactly? I made this account  when I already had my first platinum trophy on my first account. I've seen people make a new account because of their "bad" SEN ID even after a year of playing on their original account. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 7 of 9 (123 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
400 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Mine Is A Combo Song Reference  From My Favorite Now Defunct Band And My Favorite Metal Music Genre ( TYPE O NEGATIVE - PROFIT OF DOOM )  ( DOOM METAL )  \,,/ Smiley Very Happy \,,/

RED
Message 8 of 9 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3222 posts

Mar 27, 2013
You know what's funny I kinda agree with Sony to a small degree but on the point of reporting bad behavior of the players on the psn. But even if they did offer to let us change the name on the account I still would keep mine
Message 9 of 9 (73 Views)
0 Likes