Splicer
74 posts

Re: PSN PLUS AMERICA!

[ Edited ]
May 5, 2013

I wonder if those "angry people" really think that it is oh so smart when their rage is full of easily regonizable mistakes.

1. It's rather stupid to menion "EUROPE store gets whole good games(Sleeping Dogs and now HITMAN!) while we get crap games" ... exactly when you get Sleeping Dogs too.

So what now? Is Sleeping Dogs only great when you get it in Europe, but it is crap when you get it in America?

2. Demon's Souls is a great game, the servers are not down and in Europe people instantly demanded that game for their IGC too.

Ah, blind rage must be fun. But it'll lead you nowhere.

Message 21 of 36 (136 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
259 posts

May 5, 2013
So golwar, you didn't read any of my previous posts in this thread, I see. And setzaroth, I did say either Sony listens to us complainers, OR THEY DON'T. Please re-read the 2nd & 3rd lines of my post at 6:14. And golwar please read my entire posts on this thread at 5:01 5:33 and 5:52. Each of these time stamps address your various points
Message 22 of 36 (121 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3764 posts

May 5, 2013

uptownsoul wrote:
@setzaroth - actually the lame games are not subjective. The fact that other than spec ops & sleeping dogs almost all the other ps3 titles are well over 1.5yrs old (from date of original release to when it became free on ps+). Whereas, the EU games, most anyways, were released inside of 6months.

As far as the licensing & publishing agreements, I guess I don't understand. Don't the EU ps+ counterparts have to negotiate with the publishers in Europe? Why do they seem to negotiate such better deals? Did PS+ NA give an official reason why we're so behind?

Hey uptown just to let you know, RDR, Crysis 2, Mortal Kombat, Deus Ex, Bulletstorm, Batman Arkham City, etc were ALL more than a year old before EU even got them for free so quit trying to say that they get all these new games all the time.

Message 23 of 36 (113 Views)
Splicer
74 posts

[ Edited ]
May 5, 2013

Both of my 2 points were obviously reflecting the OP uptownsoul. You aren't responsible for that one nor did I mention your name - so why should I have to read and reply to you?

I have no interest in discussing what makes an IGC content "less valuable" for you, for X or for Y. The age of a game is just one factor, so are quality, genre, IP etc. And most importanly: Ones personal taste.

Pretty pointless to start a lengthy debate about that imho.

Message 24 of 36 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
259 posts

May 5, 2013
Mercenary09, your point is taken. You may be right about the games. They're getting newer(more current) games. I don't like when my fellow complainers argue subjectively. This game is good vs. that game is bad. I want to show we have a more objective argument.
Message 25 of 36 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
259 posts

May 5, 2013
I'll leave you with this. Since we know newer games are dollar for dollar more monatarily more valuable than older games. Why is the push for Sony (weather or not they read this) to bring the EU games (which by in large are newer) being met with such resistance by fellow posters (when getting newer games would stretch EVERYBODY'S $50 further)?
Message 26 of 36 (87 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3764 posts

May 5, 2013

uptownsoul wrote:
I'll leave you with this. Since we know newer games are dollar for dollar more monatarily more valuable than older games. Why is the push for Sony (weather or not they read this) to bring the EU games (which by in large are newer) being met with such resistance by fellow posters (when getting newer games would stretch EVERYBODY'S $50 further)?

Here's the thing, yes they have got some newer games but look at this. Hitman Absolution while is only roughly 6 months old can be bought for about $20. Thats about the same price of some of the Older games that we're getting. Catherine is the same deal as its less than $20 most places. I've seen Mass Effect 3 going for as low as $10 on amazon before. EU isn't getting these $40-$60 games like you and some of the other complainers make it out like they are.

Message 27 of 36 (79 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17692 posts

May 5, 2013

They arent going to bring EU games to the US store.

And nobody is agasint getting newer games, the only people that have put up this so called "resistacne" were the people trying to explain that this isnt the place to continuously complain, and  not only that, but in yet ANOTHER thread on this subject.

Message 28 of 36 (78 Views)
Splicer
74 posts

May 5, 2013

*sigh*

Read this uptownsoul.

When I'll see you not only complaining that your games aren't as new as ours, but you also actively demand that we get all the advantages that you receive, you'll get my attention. Till then I'll consider most complainers to be spoiled grumblers.

Message 29 of 36 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
578 posts

May 5, 2013

uptownsoul wrote:
Why is the push for Sony (weather or not they read this) to bring the EU games (which by in large are newer) being met with such resistance

I think you're misreading/misunderstanding.  I haven't seen anyone say we shouldn't get those games.

Message 30 of 36 (74 Views)
0 Likes