Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
3100 posts

Re: PSN-SOE Canada Settlement

Apr 19, 2013
Hackers have been doing these things to every corporation for years now. Just Sony was hit really hard and have learned from it. Yea reports say our information was there for the taking but it was encrypted and there has never been any reports of even one person who's account(s) or information been stolen and used for fraud purposes. The best thing to do is learn from it and make your network even stronger.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 22 (651 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4375 posts

Apr 19, 2013

I just read the claims form on the web site.

What the f*** is this?

Emerald_Swords wrote:

WHAT DOES THE SETTLEMENT PROVIDE? 

b) If you participated in the PSN "Welcome Back" program that followed the April 2011 service outage, you can get either a free game for your PS3 or PSP 

The games offered are the exact games that were in the Welcome Back Program!

What is the point of offering the same games that were in the Welcome Back Program to people that participated in the Welcome Back Program?

The prosecuting lawyer was an idiot to negotiate this as a settlement, and Sony made off like a bandit.  They got themselves out of a multi-million dollar lawsuit by offering something that was already free.  It didn't cost them anything.

OK.  All these guys here;

Bryan C. McPhadden, McPhadden Samac Tuovi LLP of Toronto, Ontario; Stephen Osborne, Merchant Law Group LLP of St. Catharines, Ontario; Careen Hannouche, Lauzon Bélanger Lespérance Inc. of Montreal, Quebec; and David Assor, Lex Group Inc. of Montreal, Quebec.

All morons.  If they did any research at all, they would have known they were being screwed.

Sony got away with this because the prosecution was this stupid, I say then Sony earned it.

Be One With The Game.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 22 (649 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5636 posts

Apr 19, 2013

DarthDanMan wrote:

If I do nothing what will happen, as in do I have to send an opt out form/claim form?

Read the section titled   HOW DO YOU ASK FOR BENEFITS?

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
 photo Signature2.png

MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 22 (395 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5636 posts

Apr 19, 2013

The-Sarge wrote:

I just read the claims form on the web site.

What the f*** is this?

Emerald_Swords wrote:

WHAT DOES THE SETTLEMENT PROVIDE? 

b) If you participated in the PSN "Welcome Back" program that followed the April 2011 service outage, you can get either a free game for your PS3 or PSP 

The games offered are the exact games that were in the Welcome Back Program!

>snip<

Good catch on this one, Sarge.  Nothing here for me - already have three on the list and the others don't interest me.  Basically looks like a "settlement" that is going to cost SONY next to nothing.  

Nothing more to see here, move along, move along.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
 photo Signature2.png

MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 22 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3929 posts

Apr 19, 2013
Stop complaining. You really think you were going to beat Sony? Haha nice try.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 22 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Apr 20, 2013

stop complainig about the free game you'd get...yes they are the same games from welcome back program but if i remember correctly we were  only allowed to have 2 or 3 games of our choice from the list, so unless you had multiple accounts you could never have them all....the settlement allows you to get another game ON TOP OF WHAT WE ALREADY GOT.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 22 (295 Views)
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

Apr 20, 2013

I never even got my games from Welcome Back. I selected them and then turned off my system as I had to leave for work and didn't have Plus so I couldn't download with the system off. Well because of that I never got them. Strangely, the other week I was browsing games and noticed that Killzone Liberation said purchased. So I downloaded it on my Vita. Couldn't find Super Stardust on the store so I can't check if I can get it free.

At the time I was really ticked off but now I don't care.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 22 (288 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3100 posts

Apr 20, 2013
W1Z4RDRY, you should check your download list. The games you selected should be on your list to re-download .
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 22 (285 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

Apr 20, 2013

deaofly wrote:
W1Z4RDRY, you should check your download list. The games you selected should be on your list to re-download .

Alright, I'll have a look today. Now I can't remember if I selected Super Stardust or Dead Nation. lol

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 22 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
563 posts

Apr 20, 2013

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

I never even got my games from Welcome Back. I selected them and then turned off my system as I had to leave for work and didn't have Plus so I couldn't download with the system off. Well because of that I never got them. Strangely, the other week I was browsing games and noticed that Killzone Liberation said purchased. So I downloaded it on my Vita. Couldn't find Super Stardust on the store so I can't check if I can get it free.

At the time I was really ticked off but now I don't care.

I guess you never took advantage of the free month of plus they offered as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 22 (259 Views)
0 Likes