Sep 06 2009
By: KLARR First Son 1 posts

PSN Suggestions

11 replies 254 views Edited Sep 6, 2009

I've been rolling this around in my head for a while, and I wondered if Sony had a PS3 suggestion box couldn't find one so i'm putting it here.

First off, Sony should definitely have a suggestion box, how are you going to now what your consumers want if they can't tell you? Second, I love the freinds list and all the new 3.0 freind features, but I think there should be a way to mark the priority of your freinds on PSN, top priority friends should have more attention shouldn't they? Maybe you don't feel like playing with "place name here" because you set up a gaming session with one of your friends at school or work etc. and while you're playing quick online sessions with lower priority contacts you miss the fact that your higher priority friend has already signed on and logged of but you havent noticed because every log on alert looks the same, no way to differenciate them. Thirdly I think gaining titles through trophy collecting and leveling will spark some intrest for hardcore collector obsessors to start grinding, (intense collection or leveling spree's). If you gain titles like "Klarr, Platinum Smasher" after gaining a number of platinum trophies and gaining a certain level, don't you think it will add a certain individuality to it? I think the first name in the example (Platinum) can be determined by the # and type of trophies you own, and the second name in the title (smasher) can be determined by level ie (level 1 newb, level 2 novice, level 3 warrior, level 4 Smasher, level 5 knight) even the variety of games you own can give you exclusive adjectives to add to your title, like God of War 3 can add Merciless as an exclusive adjective to your title "Klarr, Merciless Platinum Smasher", or maybe skip the earning part and buy titles with experience points OR trophies. This can add immense intrest to games sales, maybe even add the titles into certain games like Killzone 2 or in Home. Now these may seem like a "gimmick" but I having experience similar types of services find alot of ammusement in these types of things, and I'd actively support them when I can. Just something for the bigwigs at Sony to consider. I'd also like feedback from the community maybe support from more of the consumer base aside from me so maybe Sony will put some of these ideas in practice, and other great ideas could be heard.

Message Edited by KLARR on 09-05-2009 07:46 PM
Message Edited by KLARR on 09-05-2009 11:48 PM
Message 2 of 12 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1994 posts

Re: PSN Suggestions

Sep 6, 2009
They DO need a suggestion box
Message 1 of 12 (254 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Dec 8, 2010
WE NEED A GHOST MODE. I HATE SIGNING IN AND FRIENDS JOING SESSION OR SENDING ME INVITES. SOMETMES I WANNA PLAY BY MY DAMN SELF
Message 3 of 12 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Dec 8, 2010

BSC-AmEhT wrote:
WE NEED A GHOST MODE. I HATE SIGNING IN AND FRIENDS JOING SESSION OR SENDING ME INVITES. SOMETMES I WANNA PLAY BY MY DAMN SELF

Vote here: http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/03/17/appear-offl
ine/

And please turn off the caps lock when posting in the forums.  Thanks.

Message 4 of 12 (254 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 31, 2013
Yeah I'm with you both friends list could use a upgrade and a "ghost mode" to sign-in without everyone on ur friends list knowing Would be great. Here's hoping they will patch it in sometime!
Message 5 of 12 (195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 31, 2013
And side note I don't know if this Is the right place to post but I wanted to suggest Sony adding Killer7 to it line-up of PS2 classics on PSN. They can take my money for that digital re-release. Anyone else with me on this one?
Could be a good promotion for Suda51's upcoming "Killer Is Dead" game coming out this summer. Or as a anniversary edition. I think killer7 recently had its 7 year anniversary :smileyhappy:
Message 6 of 12 (193 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Some novel ideas here.  Kepp up the good work.

Welcome to the Forum.

Moble

Message 7 of 12 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 3, 2013

First thing's first, though it's not the network in question, we need a way to disable that dam warning screen when we boot up our ps3s. It is SOOOOOOO ANNOYING!!!!! Secondly, the new Playstation Store is not very user friendly. I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't like it. I say they need to revert to the previous store style, however keeping maybe the search function's auto-title complete suggestions. Finally, I would love to see more PS1 & PS2 games on the network, and they don't even need trophy functionality. Here's a few titles I would love to see on the network:

PS1:

Tales of Destiny

PS2:

Dark Cloud 1 & 2

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence

Castlevania: Curse of Darkness

A proper compilation of the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater games. Even though it's cool to see the old levels from the first 2 games, The goals and levels are way too easy.

CodeBreaker integration to ALL PS2 titles. And hell, why not a Codebreaker of sorts for the PS3? Infinite Health & Ammo would be very nice, wouldn't it? :smileywink:

Mega Man X Collection, 7, 8 & the Command Mission

Message 8 of 12 (170 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 3, 2013
Message 9 of 12 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
409 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Welcome to the Forums...

I don't mind my friends knowing when im on, or sending me messages, i dont have to respond if im in the middle of something. Many like the idea of hiding your sign-in, it has been disceuused many a time's.

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 10 of 12 (161 Views)
0 Likes