Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcoming Committee
13429 posts

Re: PSN store is crap

Jul 7, 2013

I actually like how the store currently looks, however the previous ugly layout was far more accessible and easier to use.

Message 21 of 30 (113 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1151 posts

Jul 7, 2013

da1writer wrote:

reynolds-wrap1 wrote:
So? The store wont have as many people on it soon anyway so they half-assed it. I dont see the big deal.

Well, the PS3 has to dump almost all of its ram into a hacked on store program and sadly, 256mb is not enough (yep, the gpu's ram isn't even being bothered to render the store, is all cpu, ram based). Has anyone used Android's store on a device with only 512mb or less, it's horrendous. The old store was just an advanced HTML5 extension, it hardly used any resources.

Also , Servers are always being stressed to pull data from millions of users, so speeds aren't going to be great, especially some of us know the servers haven't been updated really since the "Great Hack". Sony wants to update the servers for better speeds and reliability but costs money, Sony as a company are trying to survive from being in the red. So in order to pay for upgrades, Sony will be charging for multiplayer on the PS4, which is great! Better speeds will be a given across the board and reliability/security will obviously be better. Some see this as being horrible but a lot of us understand the issues unlike others, especially since multiplayer will be improved immensely.

PS4's store will be much improved btw as it looked like what the 360 currently is aka the os is literally the store expanded. You are always in the store but videos and features are also part of the store as well, reasons why the small os footprint compared to the Xbox One. Images are telling me this btw, so I'm only guessing here. With more ram on the PS4, the store will be obviously be better compared to the resource heavy PS3 one.

Wait so are you agreeing with me or what cuz that really doesnt say much to the fact in four or five months 3/4 of the world will be using the PS4 store so why complain about something you will ditch in a matter of months.

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Message 22 of 30 (103 Views)
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Jul 7, 2013

For the PS3 I just buy stuff through the Sony website. Its just quicker with searching and such, Then turn on PS3 and it DL's,

Message 23 of 30 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 7, 2013

I seen the store and it does not look pretty

Message 24 of 30 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
434 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Not like I'm playing on PS Store. Don't care.

Message 25 of 30 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Jul 7, 2013
XBL interface is much much much better than PSN. And X1's interface looks much better than PS4's very ugly interface. Sony needs to get their act together. I got a feeling I'll enjoy the X1 much more than the PS4.
Message 26 of 30 (79 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15581 posts

Jul 7, 2013

shotgunn_surgeon wrote:
XBL interface is much much much better than PSN. And X1's interface looks much better than PS4's very ugly interface. Sony needs to get their act together. I got a feeling I'll enjoy the X1 much more than the PS4.

Thats an opinion.

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 27 of 30 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Well a lot of people seem to have that same opinion. Why don't you pull up screenshots of both interfaces and post a poll? Even in this forum, Sony fanboys will admit how ugly that UI is. It's like they weren't even trying.
Message 28 of 30 (74 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29662 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

its bad the store yes it is

Message 29 of 30 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9813 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Deadly_Rabbit123 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Take ten minutes and learn how to use it. Clearly it seems that's more effort than what people want to put into it.

I know how to use it.  They just make it so hard for the user to look up and search.  Not to mention that the store is SO slow and buggy almost to the point of not being able to use it.  The previous version worked perfectly and there wasn't really a need to change it at all

hard,,,  its not hard i find the search easy to use.  first you scroll to the first letter, then for the next letter it only shows the letters that is used as a 2nd letter..  so if there is no content of which name does not have the letter Z as a second letter, it wont show up in the letter dial.. 

i like the new store.. i do find it very easy to use including the search function..

>

Message 30 of 30 (51 Views)
0 Likes