Jan 27 2011
By: buser Sackboy 459 posts

PSP2/NGP Trophies?

4 replies 41 views Edited Jan 27, 2011

Hey guys, I was reading an article on gizmodo about the psp2/ngp and I saw this picture.

Sony PSP2: A SIXAXIS-Equipped, Dual Analog, Touch-Sensitive, OLED, Quad-Core Powerhouse

Does this mean that psp2 games (uncharted/killzone/ etc) will have trophies or does this simply mean you can synch your psn id/trophies to the handheld device?

Message 1 of 5 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3671 posts

Re: PSP2/NGP Trophies?

Jan 27, 2011

I assume you will be able to both sync trophies and earn them on the new NGP games.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
~ Long Live the Underground ~ PSU: Eric1018 ~
Message 2 of 5 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
459 posts

Jan 27, 2011

That's pretty cool. I wonder if games will still cost as much as they currently do or less/more. Without the battery replacement Sony is hoping to avoid piracy on the psp2 so this could explain why they are introducing trophies now

Message 3 of 5 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3671 posts

Jan 27, 2011

buser wrote:

That's pretty cool. I wonder if games will still cost as much as they currently do or less/more. Without the battery replacement Sony is hoping to avoid piracy on the psp2 so this could explain why they are introducing trophies now

Yeah I really have no clue. If the system is better, then the games may cost more, but also since the games are formated on sd cards, maybe they will cost about the same or less?  Not sure.  But it's pretty good if they integrate Trophies into the NGP games as it would make more sense so everything Playstation oriented will be centralized.  Users of both the PS3 and this will be able to see and earn trophies.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
~ Long Live the Underground ~ PSU: Eric1018 ~
Message 4 of 5 (41 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Jan 27, 2011

The are also including a feature to let you buy games people around the area have played. It wont appeal to people but, as long as I don't see their personal information (and vica versa) it would probably appeal to me pruchsing games more often than I'm used to.

I think Sony called it "Near"? I'm pretty sure that might have been the name as I remember seeing an icon of the same name.

Message 5 of 5 (41 Views)
0 Likes