Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Re: Pay-to-play, a flawed strategy

Oct 29, 2013

eight_nyne wrote:

Socom and ff are old crappy games that arent relevant anymore. Just from that time gaming has exploded and is larger than ever. More money equals more games. Its a neccesary evil.

First off socom was and still is a fantastic game with its own style of gaming. On top of that its a complete game that offers 10 times the content and features of any current game.

As for your second comment. More money, means more games, I will agree to that but your losing quality and content for quick first person games. Your losing more than your gaining by comparison. Games now have and offer less, not to mention giving a linear functionality/experience and prevents learning curves because those games are designed to level the individual capabilities of the gamer. Thats why the game does things for you. I could go on but I am sure you get the point.

Just like right now sony has bewildered all of you by stating that to be competative they must charge for online gaming. Well thats not the entire truth to that either. Just like right now the psn network makes money that goes no where except to padding pockets. No money for the ps3 psn goes towards enhancing the gamers environment. Doubt these words, research for yourself. You will see that they are accurate. 

Message 31 of 65 (6,886 Views)
VP of Gaming
28523 posts

Oct 29, 2013

tripmind wrote:

Call this a complaint, call this whatever, I don't care...

What a coincidence. Neither do we!!

Message 32 of 65 (6,885 Views)
Gaming Beast
2301 posts

Oct 29, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

First off socom was and still is a fantastic game with its own style of gaming. On top of that its a complete game that offers 10 times the content and features of any current game.

As for your second comment. More money, means more games, I will agree to that but your losing quality and content for quick first person games. Your losing more than your gaining by comparison. Games now have and offer less, not to mention giving a linear functionality/experience and prevents learning curves because those games are designed to level the individual capabilities of the gamer. Thats why the game does things for you. I could go on but I am sure you get the point.

Just like right now sony has bewildered all of you by stating that to be competative they must charge for online gaming. Well thats not the entire truth to that either. Just like right now the psn network makes money that goes no where except to padding pockets. No money for the ps3 psn goes towards enhancing the gamers environment. Doubt these words, research for yourself. You will see that they are accurate. 

well said

Message 33 of 65 (6,879 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15326 posts

Oct 29, 2013

My God, a double event. They've emerged from the breach near simultaneously.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 34 of 65 (6,876 Views)
Fender Bender
3592 posts

Oct 29, 2013

VorxDargo wrote:

i personally hope the PS4 bombs, then all the SONY lap dogs will be here crying and i can tell them i told them so..

OP i have for months been against the PS4 pay-to-play thing, its rediculous. they put so much social media stuff into the system they lost all the money that could of gone to fix the servers. and before you people start yes it was them putting the tech in to use these services, they even said so at E3.

anyway most of these i know many people are like myself and don't care for. we buy a gaming system TO GAME! you want social media? there are plenty of other ways to do it. looking over the PS4 its clear its more like a giant Facebook wanna be then a gaming system.

You know the Playstation fourms is a social part of Playstation dont you?

You know online playing with other people is social dont you?

You know you can offline play plenty of single player games and never be bothered dont you?

You hope PS4 bombs? Not that they help you with a problem?  I would guess your not getting one therefore have no problem do you?

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
My PS4 Games of 2016: Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted 4 SE, No Man's Sky SE. Also: PlayStation VR
Message 35 of 65 (6,863 Views)
Gaming Beast
2301 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 29, 2013

JohnKarnes wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

i personally hope the PS4 bombs, then all the SONY lap dogs will be here crying and i can tell them i told them so..

OP i have for months been against the PS4 pay-to-play thing, its rediculous. they put so much social media stuff into the system they lost all the money that could of gone to fix the servers. and before you people start yes it was them putting the tech in to use these services, they even said so at E3.

anyway most of these i know many people are like myself and don't care for. we buy a gaming system TO GAME! you want social media? there are plenty of other ways to do it. looking over the PS4 its clear its more like a giant Facebook wanna be then a gaming system.

You know you can offline play plenty of single player games and never be bothered dont you?

You hope PS4 bombs? Not that they help you with a problem?  I would guess your not getting one therefore have no problem do you?

its just sickening people don't care that a GAMING SYSTEM is getting gaming pushed to the side for the lame social media junk that in a month or two no one will really use much.

as for the forums and all, yes i know they are social media but its not on a gaming system its on the web via a computer or a phone. gaming systems should revolve around gaming, not this crap they made the PS4 around.

Message 36 of 65 (6,849 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5919 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

My God, a double event. They've emerged from the breach near simultaneously.

I laughed so hard, I thought the same thing - what sucks was I was drinking milk, almost drowned.

I knew that this thread was eventually going to be visited by our notorious two, they did not disappoint with their "bible" Smiley Happy!

It especially cracks me up everytime I see the one guy above say Gaming being pushed aside for [optional] social media, Best cancel my Killzone Shadow Facebook, lol.

Message 37 of 65 (6,842 Views)
MVP Support
13517 posts

Oct 30, 2013

VorxDargo wrote:

JohnKarnes wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

its just sickening people don't care that a GAMING SYSTEM is getting gaming pushed to the side for the lame social media junk that in a month or two no one will really use much.

as for the forums and all, yes i know they are social media but its not on a gaming system its on the web via a computer or a phone. gaming systems should revolve around gaming, not this crap they made the PS4 around.

And then people would complain that the PS4 doesn't do ENOUGH.

"Why isn't there a Skype App?"
"Why does the web browser suck?"

"BLAH BLAH BLAH"

You've seen the posts about the PS3.

What makes you think people wont' continue to complain about PS4?

Especially since their competitor seems so deadset on making their device an all-in-one entertainment device.

Then you're going to get Xbots saying:

"Oh, look at your PS4, it just plays games, while mine has all these shiny features" and what not.

And it's not  like the PS4 isn't getting any good games.

It's not like the ONLY focus is on the social media "crap that no one will use after 1-2 weeks" (which I doubt. especially the whole video share. Lots of people will be using that)

The only way the PS4 will bomb is if YOU buy one, because no one would want to play with some pessimistic bum who wants everything to go back to the way it was in the "good ol days", when "game consoles were simple" and crap.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 38 of 65 (6,814 Views)
Gaming Beast
2301 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

JohnKarnes wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

"BLAH BLAH BLAH"

Especially since their competitor seems so deadset on making their device an all-in-one entertainment device.

"Oh, look at your PS4, it just plays games, while mine has all these shiny features" and what not.

It's not like the ONLY focus is on the social media "crap that no one will use after 1-2 weeks" (which I doubt. especially the whole video share. Lots of people will be using that)

The only way the PS4 will bomb is if YOU buy one, because no one would want to play with some pessimistic bum who wants everything to go back to the way it was in the "good ol days", when "game consoles were simple" and crap.

aw you took a personal shot at me because i said your holy system is crap. but you are right people will complain. and even with the games coming the clear focus is not gaming but all those "shiny features" just looking at everything they have out about the PS4 will tell you this. it was built with social media in mind. that's why they ampted everything to handle all of it. the graphics we've seen for the games they are putting out look almost exactly like PS3 only with very very slight enchancments. Watchdogs alone proves that any graphics they claim on the PS4 that are better then PS3 could easily be on the PS3.

Message 39 of 65 (6,809 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13517 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2013

VorxDargo wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

JohnKarnes wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

"BLAH BLAH BLAH"

aw you took a personal shot at me because i said your holy system is crap. but you are right people will complain. and even with the games coming the clear focus is not gaming but all those "shiny features" just looking at everything they have out about the PS4 will tell you this. it was built with social media in mind. that's why they ampted everything to handle all of it. the graphics we've seen for the games they are putting out look almost exactly like PS3 only with very very slight enchancments. Watchdogs alone proves that any graphics they claim on the PS4 that are better then PS3 could easily be on the PS3.

So you are comparing LAUNCH PS4 titles (and not even PS4 exclusives, but cross-gen titles), to the PS3 which has had 7 years for developers to maximize its potential..

Here is COD 4 for PS3.

Here is COD 3 for PS2.

Do you notice any extreme differences in graphics? COD 4 for PS3 was released the first year of the PS3's availability.

COD 3 was released on PS2 a year earlier.

Also do remember, that the jump from PS2 to PS3 will almost always seem bigger, because we moved from standard definition to HIGH definition.

PS3 to PS4, is just from High Definition, to slightly higher Definition.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 40 of 65 (6,804 Views)