Reply
Survivor
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
2358 posts
 

Re: Pay-to-play, a flawed strategy

Oct 30, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

JohnKarnes wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

i personally hope the PS4 bombs, then all the SONY lap dogs will be here crying and i can tell them i told them so..

OP i have for months been against the PS4 pay-to-play thing, its rediculous. they put so much social media stuff into the system they lost all the money that could of gone to fix the servers. and before you people start yes it was them putting the tech in to use these services, they even said so at E3.

anyway most of these i know many people are like myself and don't care for. we buy a gaming system TO GAME! you want social media? there are plenty of other ways to do it. looking over the PS4 its clear its more like a giant Facebook wanna be then a gaming system.


You know the Playstation fourms is a social part of Playstation dont you?

You know online playing with other people is social dont you?

You know you can offline play plenty of single player games and never be bothered dont you?

You hope PS4 bombs? Not that they help you with a problem?  I would guess your not getting one therefore have no problem do you?


its just sickening people don't care that a GAMING SYSTEM is getting gaming pushed to the side for the lame social media junk that in a month or two no one will really use much.

as for the forums and all, yes i know they are social media but its not on a gaming system its on the web via a computer or a phone. gaming systems should revolve around gaming, not this crap they made the PS4 around.


And then people would complain that the PS4 doesn't do ENOUGH.

 

"Why isn't there a Skype App?"
"Why does the web browser suck?"

"BLAH BLAH BLAH"

 

You've seen the posts about the PS3.

 

What makes you think people wont' continue to complain about PS4?

 

Especially since their competitor seems so deadset on making their device an all-in-one entertainment device.

 

Then you're going to get Xbots saying:

 

"Oh, look at your PS4, it just plays games, while mine has all these shiny features" and what not.

 

 

 

And it's not  like the PS4 isn't getting any good games.

 

It's not like the ONLY focus is on the social media "crap that no one will use after 1-2 weeks" (which I doubt. especially the whole video share. Lots of people will be using that)

 

 

 

The only way the PS4 will bomb is if YOU buy one, because no one would want to play with some pessimistic bum who wants everything to go back to the way it was in the "good ol days", when "game consoles were simple" and crap.


aw you took a personal shot at me because i said your holy system is crap. but you are right people will complain. and even with the games coming the clear focus is not gaming but all those "shiny features" just looking at everything they have out about the PS4 will tell you this. it was built with social media in mind. that's why they ampted everything to handle all of it. the graphics we've seen for the games they are putting out look almost exactly like PS3 only with very very slight enchancments. Watchdogs alone proves that any graphics they claim on the PS4 that are better then PS3 could easily be on the PS3.


So you are comparing LAUNCH PS4 titles (and not even PS4 exclusives, but cross-gen titles), to the PS3 which has had 7 years for developers to maximize its potential..

 

Here is COD 4 for PS3.

 

Here is COD 3 for PS2.

 

 

 

Do you notice any extreme differences in graphics? COD 4 for PS3 was released the first year of the PS3's availability.

 

COD 3 was released on PS2 a year earlier.

 

 

Also do remember, that the jump from PS2 to PS3 will almost always seem bigger, because we moved from standard definition to HIGH definition.

 

PS3 to PS4, is just from High Definition, to slightly higher Definition.


exactly which means i was right, whatever enhancing they did was for the social media stuff. like i said before, they turned it into a consal Facebook basically.

Message 41 of 65 (187 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 04/05/2003
Offline
13294 posts
 

Re: Pay-to-play, a flawed strategy

Oct 30, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

eight_nyne wrote:

Socom and ff are old crappy games that arent relevant anymore. Just from that time gaming has exploded and is larger than ever. More money equals more games. Its a neccesary evil.


First off socom was and still is a fantastic game with its own style of gaming. On top of that its a complete game that offers 10 times the content and features of any current game.

 

As for your second comment. More money, means more games, I will agree to that but your losing quality and content for quick first person games. Your losing more than your gaining by comparison. Games now have and offer less, not to mention giving a linear functionality/experience and prevents learning curves because those games are designed to level the individual capabilities of the gamer. Thats why the game does things for you. I could go on but I am sure you get the point.

 

 

Just like right now sony has bewildered all of you by stating that to be competative they must charge for online gaming. Well thats not the entire truth to that either. Just like right now the psn network makes money that goes no where except to padding pockets. No money for the ps3 psn goes towards enhancing the gamers environment. Doubt these words, research for yourself. You will see that they are accurate. 

 

 


Other than your thoughts or what you feel Prove it? They do not pay to runs these servers? They do not pay people to fix and maintain them? Right plug it in and it lasts for ever. Uh Oh you are now going way out there now. Saying none of the money spent on the PSN actually goes to the PSN. You are 100% wrong. Im sure a bit of it goes to people in high places but I'm also sure some of it is spent on the PSN to keep it up to date. To fix it when it goes down. Also all the updates to the PS3 them selves and updates to the store. This stuff doesn't happen free you know. It costs money and people. You have to pay people you know to work. They do not work for free. 

Message 42 of 65 (185 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13655 posts
 

Re: Pay-to-play, a flawed strategy

Oct 30, 2013

VorxDargo wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

JohnKarnes wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

i personally hope the PS4 bombs, then all the SONY lap dogs will be here crying and i can tell them i told them so..

OP i have for months been against the PS4 pay-to-play thing, its rediculous. they put so much social media stuff into the system they lost all the money that could of gone to fix the servers. and before you people start yes it was them putting the tech in to use these services, they even said so at E3.

anyway most of these i know many people are like myself and don't care for. we buy a gaming system TO GAME! you want social media? there are plenty of other ways to do it. looking over the PS4 its clear its more like a giant Facebook wanna be then a gaming system.


You know the Playstation fourms is a social part of Playstation dont you?

You know online playing with other people is social dont you?

You know you can offline play plenty of single player games and never be bothered dont you?

You hope PS4 bombs? Not that they help you with a problem?  I would guess your not getting one therefore have no problem do you?


its just sickening people don't care that a GAMING SYSTEM is getting gaming pushed to the side for the lame social media junk that in a month or two no one will really use much.

as for the forums and all, yes i know they are social media but its not on a gaming system its on the web via a computer or a phone. gaming systems should revolve around gaming, not this crap they made the PS4 around.


And then people would complain that the PS4 doesn't do ENOUGH.

 

"Why isn't there a Skype App?"
"Why does the web browser suck?"

"BLAH BLAH BLAH"

 

You've seen the posts about the PS3.

 

What makes you think people wont' continue to complain about PS4?

 

Especially since their competitor seems so deadset on making their device an all-in-one entertainment device.

 

Then you're going to get Xbots saying:

 

"Oh, look at your PS4, it just plays games, while mine has all these shiny features" and what not.

 

 

 

And it's not  like the PS4 isn't getting any good games.

 

It's not like the ONLY focus is on the social media "crap that no one will use after 1-2 weeks" (which I doubt. especially the whole video share. Lots of people will be using that)

 

 

 

The only way the PS4 will bomb is if YOU buy one, because no one would want to play with some pessimistic bum who wants everything to go back to the way it was in the "good ol days", when "game consoles were simple" and crap.


aw you took a personal shot at me because i said your holy system is crap. but you are right people will complain. and even with the games coming the clear focus is not gaming but all those "shiny features" just looking at everything they have out about the PS4 will tell you this. it was built with social media in mind. that's why they ampted everything to handle all of it. the graphics we've seen for the games they are putting out look almost exactly like PS3 only with very very slight enchancments. Watchdogs alone proves that any graphics they claim on the PS4 that are better then PS3 could easily be on the PS3.


So you are comparing LAUNCH PS4 titles (and not even PS4 exclusives, but cross-gen titles), to the PS3 which has had 7 years for developers to maximize its potential..

 

Here is COD 4 for PS3.

 

Here is COD 3 for PS2.

 

 

 

Do you notice any extreme differences in graphics? COD 4 for PS3 was released the first year of the PS3's availability.

 

COD 3 was released on PS2 a year earlier.

 

 

Also do remember, that the jump from PS2 to PS3 will almost always seem bigger, because we moved from standard definition to HIGH definition.

 

PS3 to PS4, is just from High Definition, to slightly higher Definition.


exactly which means i was right, whatever enhancing they did was for the social media stuff. like i said before, they turned it into a consal Facebook basically.


No, this doesn't prove you're right.

 

It means you're making assumptions.

 

As you should know, graphics for games get BETTER over time.

 

LAUNCH titles are never significantly better than END titles for the previous generation.

 

It's not that the resources are going into social media.

 

 

Just look at the PS3. Over the course of its lifespan, the graphics have improved tremendously. But in the beginning, the difference wasn't super defined.

 

So you'll see the same thing with PS4. It has nothing to do with the social aspect of the system.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 43 of 65 (183 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 04/05/2003
Offline
13294 posts
 

Re: Pay-to-play, a flawed strategy

Oct 30, 2013

VorxDargo wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

JohnKarnes wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

i personally hope the PS4 bombs, then all the SONY lap dogs will be here crying and i can tell them i told them so..

OP i have for months been against the PS4 pay-to-play thing, its rediculous. they put so much social media stuff into the system they lost all the money that could of gone to fix the servers. and before you people start yes it was them putting the tech in to use these services, they even said so at E3.

anyway most of these i know many people are like myself and don't care for. we buy a gaming system TO GAME! you want social media? there are plenty of other ways to do it. looking over the PS4 its clear its more like a giant Facebook wanna be then a gaming system.


You know the Playstation fourms is a social part of Playstation dont you?

You know online playing with other people is social dont you?

You know you can offline play plenty of single player games and never be bothered dont you?

You hope PS4 bombs? Not that they help you with a problem?  I would guess your not getting one therefore have no problem do you?


its just sickening people don't care that a GAMING SYSTEM is getting gaming pushed to the side for the lame social media junk that in a month or two no one will really use much.

as for the forums and all, yes i know they are social media but its not on a gaming system its on the web via a computer or a phone. gaming systems should revolve around gaming, not this crap they made the PS4 around.


And then people would complain that the PS4 doesn't do ENOUGH.

 

"Why isn't there a Skype App?"
"Why does the web browser suck?"

"BLAH BLAH BLAH"

 

You've seen the posts about the PS3.

 

What makes you think people wont' continue to complain about PS4?

 

Especially since their competitor seems so deadset on making their device an all-in-one entertainment device.

 

Then you're going to get Xbots saying:

 

"Oh, look at your PS4, it just plays games, while mine has all these shiny features" and what not.

 

 

 

And it's not  like the PS4 isn't getting any good games.

 

It's not like the ONLY focus is on the social media "crap that no one will use after 1-2 weeks" (which I doubt. especially the whole video share. Lots of people will be using that)

 

 

 

The only way the PS4 will bomb is if YOU buy one, because no one would want to play with some pessimistic bum who wants everything to go back to the way it was in the "good ol days", when "game consoles were simple" and crap.


aw you took a personal shot at me because i said your holy system is crap. but you are right people will complain. and even with the games coming the clear focus is not gaming but all those "shiny features" just looking at everything they have out about the PS4 will tell you this. it was built with social media in mind. that's why they ampted everything to handle all of it. the graphics we've seen for the games they are putting out look almost exactly like PS3 only with very very slight enchancments. Watchdogs alone proves that any graphics they claim on the PS4 that are better then PS3 could easily be on the PS3.


So you are comparing LAUNCH PS4 titles (and not even PS4 exclusives, but cross-gen titles), to the PS3 which has had 7 years for developers to maximize its potential..

 

Here is COD 4 for PS3.

 

Here is COD 3 for PS2.

 

 

 

Do you notice any extreme differences in graphics? COD 4 for PS3 was released the first year of the PS3's availability.

 

COD 3 was released on PS2 a year earlier.

 

 

Also do remember, that the jump from PS2 to PS3 will almost always seem bigger, because we moved from standard definition to HIGH definition.

 

PS3 to PS4, is just from High Definition, to slightly higher Definition.


exactly which means i was right, whatever enhancing they did was for the social media stuff. like i said before, they turned it into a consal Facebook basically.


Heres another hit. Social Network is today. It is what it is if you dont like it. Why are you even on your computer replying to any of this at all? Far as complaints. Game system TV's Anything PEOPLE WILL COMPLAIN!. You can't  make everyone happy.  Ok we see the PS4 don't do this or don't do that. Yet go over to Xbone you see the same thing. Wii U same thing. Lets go over to PC world now and yet you see the same thing. You can't make everyone happy. No matter what you do. The simple days are gone. You may be one who don't want it but there's a million more that do. Voicing your opinion is fine but to slash at everything as you do cause you don't get your way only makes you look like a kid!

Message 44 of 65 (179 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
2358 posts
 

Re: Pay-to-play, a flawed strategy

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2013

Black0Panther wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

JohnKarnes wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

i personally hope the PS4 bombs, then all the SONY lap dogs will be here crying and i can tell them i told them so..

OP i have for months been against the PS4 pay-to-play thing, its rediculous. they put so much social media stuff into the system they lost all the money that could of gone to fix the servers. and before you people start yes it was them putting the tech in to use these services, they even said so at E3.

anyway most of these i know many people are like myself and don't care for. we buy a gaming system TO GAME! you want social media? there are plenty of other ways to do it. looking over the PS4 its clear its more like a giant Facebook wanna be then a gaming system.


You know the Playstation fourms is a social part of Playstation dont you?

You know online playing with other people is social dont you?

You know you can offline play plenty of single player games and never be bothered dont you?

You hope PS4 bombs? Not that they help you with a problem?  I would guess your not getting one therefore have no problem do you?


its just sickening people don't care that a GAMING SYSTEM is getting gaming pushed to the side for the lame social media junk that in a month or two no one will really use much.

as for the forums and all, yes i know they are social media but its not on a gaming system its on the web via a computer or a phone. gaming systems should revolve around gaming, not this crap they made the PS4 around.


And then people would complain that the PS4 doesn't do ENOUGH.

 

"Why isn't there a Skype App?"
"Why does the web browser suck?"

"BLAH BLAH BLAH"

 

You've seen the posts about the PS3.

 

What makes you think people wont' continue to complain about PS4?

 

Especially since their competitor seems so deadset on making their device an all-in-one entertainment device.

 

Then you're going to get Xbots saying:

 

"Oh, look at your PS4, it just plays games, while mine has all these shiny features" and what not.

 

 

 

And it's not  like the PS4 isn't getting any good games.

 

It's not like the ONLY focus is on the social media "crap that no one will use after 1-2 weeks" (which I doubt. especially the whole video share. Lots of people will be using that)

 

 

 

The only way the PS4 will bomb is if YOU buy one, because no one would want to play with some pessimistic bum who wants everything to go back to the way it was in the "good ol days", when "game consoles were simple" and crap.


aw you took a personal shot at me because i said your holy system is crap. but you are right people will complain. and even with the games coming the clear focus is not gaming but all those "shiny features" just looking at everything they have out about the PS4 will tell you this. it was built with social media in mind. that's why they ampted everything to handle all of it. the graphics we've seen for the games they are putting out look almost exactly like PS3 only with very very slight enchancments. Watchdogs alone proves that any graphics they claim on the PS4 that are better then PS3 could easily be on the PS3.


So you are comparing LAUNCH PS4 titles (and not even PS4 exclusives, but cross-gen titles), to the PS3 which has had 7 years for developers to maximize its potential..

 

Here is COD 4 for PS3.

 

Here is COD 3 for PS2.

 

 

 

Do you notice any extreme differences in graphics? COD 4 for PS3 was released the first year of the PS3's availability.

 

COD 3 was released on PS2 a year earlier.

 

 

Also do remember, that the jump from PS2 to PS3 will almost always seem bigger, because we moved from standard definition to HIGH definition.

 

PS3 to PS4, is just from High Definition, to slightly higher Definition.


exactly which means i was right, whatever enhancing they did was for the social media stuff. like i said before, they turned it into a consal Facebook basically.


Heres another hit. Social Network is today. It is what it is if you dont like it. Why are you even on your computer replying to any of this at all? Far as complaints. Game system TV's Anything PEOPLE WILL COMPLAIN!. You can't  make everyone happy.  Ok we see the PS4 don't do this or don't do that. Yet go over to Xbone you see the same thing. Wii U same thing. Lets go over to PC world now and yet you see the same thing. You can't make everyone happy. No matter what you do. The simple days are gone. You may be one who don't want it but there's a million more that do. Voicing your opinion is fine but to slash at everything as you do cause you don't get your way only makes you look like a kid!


take a look back at my posts, i did not once say people have to agree with me. i stated my PERSONAL VIEWS. before you insault me get it right. yes i don't like this move and there are millions who feel the same. look on the net. just as there are those who support it. so before you throw the kid crap around maybe you need to realize we are not so small as people like you think we are. a lot will give in and buy the system, a lot like myself won't. but if this is truely the future as you say then Sony better have some **bleep** good stuff because without free to play multiplayer they are just another leaf in the wind.

free online was that set them apart mostly in the last consal wars, even with all the problems PSN had people still stuck with it because it had free online. look back a year ago at the comments people said on PSNs free multiplayer vs. 360 pay to play. you'll see just as heated comments and even people who now embrace this pay to play saying how lame the idea was. some where people became blind and either just didn't step up to say it was lame even though they thought it, or just didn't care anymore.

i am not one of those people, all this time up to the PS4 they were able to run the servers, and like i said befor they even said it was because they added in the hardware for the social media stuff that they are doing this.

Message 45 of 65 (172 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2008
Offline
15343 posts
 

Re: Pay-to-play, a flawed strategy

Oct 30, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

While I can. 


darknovaxp wrote:

I think this post on Kotaku sums my feelings up very well.

 

http://kotaku.com/to-the-people-saying-this-hardly-looks-better-than-ps3-814869706


 


 

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum


Fabulous!
Message 46 of 65 (169 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 04/05/2003
Offline
13294 posts
 

Re: Pay-to-play, a flawed strategy

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2013

VorxDargo wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

JohnKarnes wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

i personally hope the PS4 bombs, then all the SONY lap dogs will be here crying and i can tell them i told them so..

OP i have for months been against the PS4 pay-to-play thing, its rediculous. they put so much social media stuff into the system they lost all the money that could of gone to fix the servers. and before you people start yes it was them putting the tech in to use these services, they even said so at E3.

anyway most of these i know many people are like myself and don't care for. we buy a gaming system TO GAME! you want social media? there are plenty of other ways to do it. looking over the PS4 its clear its more like a giant Facebook wanna be then a gaming system.


You know the Playstation fourms is a social part of Playstation dont you?

You know online playing with other people is social dont you?

You know you can offline play plenty of single player games and never be bothered dont you?

You hope PS4 bombs? Not that they help you with a problem?  I would guess your not getting one therefore have no problem do you?


its just sickening people don't care that a GAMING SYSTEM is getting gaming pushed to the side for the lame social media junk that in a month or two no one will really use much.

as for the forums and all, yes i know they are social media but its not on a gaming system its on the web via a computer or a phone. gaming systems should revolve around gaming, not this crap they made the PS4 around.


And then people would complain that the PS4 doesn't do ENOUGH.

 

"Why isn't there a Skype App?"
"Why does the web browser suck?"

"BLAH BLAH BLAH"

 

You've seen the posts about the PS3.

 

What makes you think people wont' continue to complain about PS4?

 

Especially since their competitor seems so deadset on making their device an all-in-one entertainment device.

 

Then you're going to get Xbots saying:

 

"Oh, look at your PS4, it just plays games, while mine has all these shiny features" and what not.

 

 

 

And it's not  like the PS4 isn't getting any good games.

 

It's not like the ONLY focus is on the social media "crap that no one will use after 1-2 weeks" (which I doubt. especially the whole video share. Lots of people will be using that)

 

 

 

The only way the PS4 will bomb is if YOU buy one, because no one would want to play with some pessimistic bum who wants everything to go back to the way it was in the "good ol days", when "game consoles were simple" and crap.


aw you took a personal shot at me because i said your holy system is crap. but you are right people will complain. and even with the games coming the clear focus is not gaming but all those "shiny features" just looking at everything they have out about the PS4 will tell you this. it was built with social media in mind. that's why they ampted everything to handle all of it. the graphics we've seen for the games they are putting out look almost exactly like PS3 only with very very slight enchancments. Watchdogs alone proves that any graphics they claim on the PS4 that are better then PS3 could easily be on the PS3.


So you are comparing LAUNCH PS4 titles (and not even PS4 exclusives, but cross-gen titles), to the PS3 which has had 7 years for developers to maximize its potential..

 

Here is COD 4 for PS3.

 

Here is COD 3 for PS2.

 

 

 

Do you notice any extreme differences in graphics? COD 4 for PS3 was released the first year of the PS3's availability.

 

COD 3 was released on PS2 a year earlier.

 

 

Also do remember, that the jump from PS2 to PS3 will almost always seem bigger, because we moved from standard definition to HIGH definition.

 

PS3 to PS4, is just from High Definition, to slightly higher Definition.


exactly which means i was right, whatever enhancing they did was for the social media stuff. like i said before, they turned it into a consal Facebook basically.


Heres another hit. Social Network is today. It is what it is if you dont like it. Why are you even on your computer replying to any of this at all? Far as complaints. Game system TV's Anything PEOPLE WILL COMPLAIN!. You can't  make everyone happy.  Ok we see the PS4 don't do this or don't do that. Yet go over to Xbone you see the same thing. Wii U same thing. Lets go over to PC world now and yet you see the same thing. You can't make everyone happy. No matter what you do. The simple days are gone. You may be one who don't want it but there's a million more that do. Voicing your opinion is fine but to slash at everything as you do cause you don't get your way only makes you look like a kid!


take a look back at my posts, i did not once say people have to agree with me. i stated my PERSONAL VIEWS. before you insault me get it right. yes i don't like this move and there are millions who feel the same. look on the net. just as there are those who support it. so before you throw the kid crap around maybe you need to realize we are not so small as people like you think we are. a lot will give in and buy the system, a lot like myself won't. but if this is truely the future as you say then Sony better have some **bleep** good stuff because without free to play multiplayer they are just another leaf in the wind.

free online was that set them apart mostly in the last consal wars, even with all the problems PSN had people still stuck with it because it had free online. look back a year ago at the comments people said on PSNs free multiplayer vs. 360 pay to play. you'll see just as heated comments and even people who now embrace this pay to play saying how lame the idea was. some where people became blind and either just didn't step up to say it was lame even though they thought it, or just didn't care anymore.

i am not one of those people, all this time up to the PS4 they were able to run the servers, and like i said befor they even said it was because they added in the hardware for the social media stuff that they are doing this.


That was then this is now. How do you expect the PSN to keep running if they invest no money into it. Youve seen this reply and it works to you. You do not have to pay for online if you dont want to its your choice.  I agree 100% They ran servers up till now. Did they get tons better from the early days yes. But as last few years no not at all. Only change I have really seen is the better security since the PSN went down a few years a go. Other than that it has been the same. Now that were paying to play online yes we are getting social networking stuff but the hard ware to run that stuff as well. And beyond that. Dedicated servers not peer to peer play. No more of the host lags so doesn't everyone else. You also forget yes you pay but at least Sony gives us a few games for doing so. Where on the other side of the fence. This didn't happen. Also other side of the fence you got to pay twice for netflix and other aps. Also its been stated its up to the DEV if they go with the pay side or not. All your doing is forcing your opinion on others and then demanding  Sony fail cause they don't believe in what you want them to. Just like UH Oh......

 

you cant also expect to say major changes in games when they release on a system. It takes time. First round will look and be only a little bit better. But the link potsted above says it all. Look at the difference between launch titles then years later. Night and day differences. But you 100% fail to see this at all. You expect a new system to use 100% of its power when the DEV's that make the games havnt learned it that well as of yet. 

 

Release

Release

 

 

 

Today

today.jpg

Message 47 of 65 (152 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
2358 posts
 

Re: Pay-to-play, a flawed strategy

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2013

Black0Panther wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

JohnKarnes wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

i personally hope the PS4 bombs, then all the SONY lap dogs will be here crying and i can tell them i told them so..

OP i have for months been against the PS4 pay-to-play thing, its rediculous. they put so much social media stuff into the system they lost all the money that could of gone to fix the servers. and before you people start yes it was them putting the tech in to use these services, they even said so at E3.

anyway most of these i know many people are like myself and don't care for. we buy a gaming system TO GAME! you want social media? there are plenty of other ways to do it. looking over the PS4 its clear its more like a giant Facebook wanna be then a gaming system.


You know the Playstation fourms is a social part of Playstation dont you?

You know online playing with other people is social dont you?

You know you can offline play plenty of single player games and never be bothered dont you?

You hope PS4 bombs? Not that they help you with a problem?  I would guess your not getting one therefore have no problem do you?


its just sickening people don't care that a GAMING SYSTEM is getting gaming pushed to the side for the lame social media junk that in a month or two no one will really use much.

as for the forums and all, yes i know they are social media but its not on a gaming system its on the web via a computer or a phone. gaming systems should revolve around gaming, not this crap they made the PS4 around.


And then people would complain that the PS4 doesn't do ENOUGH.

 

"Why isn't there a Skype App?"
"Why does the web browser suck?"

"BLAH BLAH BLAH"

 

You've seen the posts about the PS3.

 

What makes you think people wont' continue to complain about PS4?

 

Especially since their competitor seems so deadset on making their device an all-in-one entertainment device.

 

Then you're going to get Xbots saying:

 

"Oh, look at your PS4, it just plays games, while mine has all these shiny features" and what not.

 

 

 

And it's not  like the PS4 isn't getting any good games.

 

It's not like the ONLY focus is on the social media "crap that no one will use after 1-2 weeks" (which I doubt. especially the whole video share. Lots of people will be using that)

 

 

 

The only way the PS4 will bomb is if YOU buy one, because no one would want to play with some pessimistic bum who wants everything to go back to the way it was in the "good ol days", when "game consoles were simple" and crap.


aw you took a personal shot at me because i said your holy system is crap. but you are right people will complain. and even with the games coming the clear focus is not gaming but all those "shiny features" just looking at everything they have out about the PS4 will tell you this. it was built with social media in mind. that's why they ampted everything to handle all of it. the graphics we've seen for the games they are putting out look almost exactly like PS3 only with very very slight enchancments. Watchdogs alone proves that any graphics they claim on the PS4 that are better then PS3 could easily be on the PS3.


So you are comparing LAUNCH PS4 titles (and not even PS4 exclusives, but cross-gen titles), to the PS3 which has had 7 years for developers to maximize its potential..

 

Here is COD 4 for PS3.

 

Here is COD 3 for PS2.

 

 

 

Do you notice any extreme differences in graphics? COD 4 for PS3 was released the first year of the PS3's availability.

 

COD 3 was released on PS2 a year earlier.

 

 

Also do remember, that the jump from PS2 to PS3 will almost always seem bigger, because we moved from standard definition to HIGH definition.

 

PS3 to PS4, is just from High Definition, to slightly higher Definition.


exactly which means i was right, whatever enhancing they did was for the social media stuff. like i said before, they turned it into a consal Facebook basically.


Heres another hit. Social Network is today. It is what it is if you dont like it. Why are you even on your computer replying to any of this at all? Far as complaints. Game system TV's Anything PEOPLE WILL COMPLAIN!. You can't  make everyone happy.  Ok we see the PS4 don't do this or don't do that. Yet go over to Xbone you see the same thing. Wii U same thing. Lets go over to PC world now and yet you see the same thing. You can't make everyone happy. No matter what you do. The simple days are gone. You may be one who don't want it but there's a million more that do. Voicing your opinion is fine but to slash at everything as you do cause you don't get your way only makes you look like a kid!


take a look back at my posts, i did not once say people have to agree with me. i stated my PERSONAL VIEWS. before you insault me get it right. yes i don't like this move and there are millions who feel the same. look on the net. just as there are those who support it. so before you throw the kid crap around maybe you need to realize we are not so small as people like you think we are. a lot will give in and buy the system, a lot like myself won't. but if this is truely the future as you say then Sony better have some **bleep** good stuff because without free to play multiplayer they are just another leaf in the wind.

free online was that set them apart mostly in the last consal wars, even with all the problems PSN had people still stuck with it because it had free online. look back a year ago at the comments people said on PSNs free multiplayer vs. 360 pay to play. you'll see just as heated comments and even people who now embrace this pay to play saying how lame the idea was. some where people became blind and either just didn't step up to say it was lame even though they thought it, or just didn't care anymore.

i am not one of those people, all this time up to the PS4 they were able to run the servers, and like i said befor they even said it was because they added in the hardware for the social media stuff that they are doing this.


That was then this is now. How do you expect the PSN to keep running if they invest no money into it. Yoube seen this replay and it works to you. You do not have to pay for online if you dont ant to its your choice.  I agree 100% They ran servers up till now. Did they get tons better from the early days yes. But as last few years no not at all. Only change I have really seen is the better security since the PSN went down a few years a go. Other than that it has been the same. Now that were paying to play online yes we are getting social networking stuff but the hard ware to run that stuff as well. And beyond that. Dedicated servers not peer to peer play. No more of the host lags so doesn't everyone else. You also forget yes you pay but at least Sony gives us a few games for doing so. Where on the other side of the fence. This didn't happen. Also other side of the fence you got to pay twice for netflix and other aps. Also its been stated its up to the DEV if they go with the pay side or not. All your doing is forcing your opinion on others and then demanding  Sony fail cause they don't believe in what you want them to. Just like UH Oh......

 

you cant also expect to say major changes in games when they release on a system. It takes time. First round will look and be only a little bit better. But the link potsted above says it all. Look at the difference between launch titles then years later. Night and day differences. But you 100% fail to see this at all. You expect a new system to use 100% of its power when the DEV's that make the games havnt learned it that well as of yet. 


how am i forcing my opinion on others? show me a post where i said people have to think like i do. there isn't one. all my posts up till now have been personal feelings.

now you do make some points but i need to corrent you on one part. the games. this is and continues to be a miss direction. you don't get the game, you rent it. if your Plus goes out its useless. for people to continue to fall back on this is rediculous. so you get to rent the game for as long as your Plus is active. have you seen the games? they are games people already own, Sony picks the games, not us. if we got to pick which ones we could get per month, like let us vote on a few choices, then it would be a good service, but now its just a "hey remember this?" not really a good argument point.

as for the DEV's choice thing, its true and also why i feel the PS4 will fail in its efforts. once the DEVs see how much people demand from servers behind pay walls slowly but surely they will stop putting them behind it, then the "your paying to make it better" will also become a mook point. to sum it up, everything people claim is goddly about the system has majors holes in the idial of it when you stop to think about them.

the social media stuff that will be a major part of the consal will be high maintenence which means they more then likely won't stay free for long, they will see people saying "oh its ok the multiplayer is pay to play, why not the other stuff." like i said, so many things are bound to go wrong here and to keep using all this stuff to try and make the system sound like the next best thing compared to sun energy is just unwise.

 

all that said i still and will always say Sony is making a mastake doing this, in a few months there will be no differences between Sony and Microsoft. first its the multiplayer, then everything else.

Message 48 of 65 (141 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 04/05/2003
Offline
13294 posts
 

Re: Pay-to-play, a flawed strategy

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2013
JohnKarnes wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

i personally hope the PS4 bombs, then all the SONY lap dogs will be here crying and i can tell them i told them so..

OP i have for months been against the PS4 pay-to-play thing, its rediculous. they put so much social media stuff into the system they lost all the money that could of gone to fix the servers. and before you people start yes it was them putting the tech in to use these services, they even said so at E3.

anyway most of these i know many people are like myself and don't care for. we buy a gaming system TO GAME! you want social media? there are plenty of other ways to do it. looking over the PS4 its clear its more like a giant Facebook wanna be then a gaming system.


You know the Playstation fourms is a social part of Playstation dont you?

You know online playing with other people is social dont you?

You know you can offline play plenty of single player games and never be bothered dont you?

You hope PS4 bombs? Not that they help you with a problem?  I would guess your not getting one therefore have no problem do you?


its just sickening people don't care that a GAMING SYSTEM is getting gaming pushed to the side for the lame social media junk that in a month or two no one will really use much.

as for the forums and all, yes i know they are social media but its not on a gaming system its on the web via a computer or a phone. gaming systems should revolve around gaming, not this crap they made the PS4 around.


And then people would complain that the PS4 doesn't do ENOUGH.

 

"Why isn't there a Skype App?"
"Why does the web browser suck?"

"BLAH BLAH BLAH"

 

You've seen the posts about the PS3.

 

What makes you think people wont' continue to complain about PS4?

 

Especially since their competitor seems so deadset on making their device an all-in-one entertainment device.

 

Then you're going to get Xbots saying:

 

"Oh, look at your PS4, it just plays games, while mine has all these shiny features" and what not.

 

 

 

And it's not  like the PS4 isn't getting any good games.

 

It's not like the ONLY focus is on the social media "crap that no one will use after 1-2 weeks" (which I doubt. especially the whole video share. Lots of people will be using that)

 

 

 

The only way the PS4 will bomb is if YOU buy one, because no one would want to play with some pessimistic bum who wants everything to go back to the way it was in the "good ol days", when "game consoles were simple" and crap.


aw you took a personal shot at me because i said your holy system is crap. but you are right people will complain. and even with the games coming the clear focus is not gaming but all those "shiny features" just looking at everything they have out about the PS4 will tell you this. it was built with social media in mind. that's why they ampted everything to handle all of it. the graphics we've seen for the games they are putting out look almost exactly like PS3 only with very very slight enchancments. Watchdogs alone proves that any graphics they claim on the PS4 that are better then PS3 could easily be on the PS3.


So you are comparing LAUNCH PS4 titles (and not even PS4 exclusives, but cross-gen titles), to the PS3 which has had 7 years for developers to maximize its potential..

 

Here is COD 4 for PS3.

 

Here is COD 3 for PS2.

 

 

 

Do you notice any extreme differences in graphics? COD 4 for PS3 was released the first year of the PS3's availability.

 

COD 3 was released on PS2 a year earlier.

 

 

Also do remember, that the jump from PS2 to PS3 will almost always seem bigger, because we moved from standard definition to HIGH definition.

 

PS3 to PS4, is just from High Definition, to slightly higher Definition.


exactly which means i was right, whatever enhancing they did was for the social media stuff. like i said before, they turned it into a consal Facebook basically.


Heres another hit. Social Network is today. It is what it is if you dont like it. Why are you even on your computer replying to any of this at all? Far as complaints. Game system TV's Anything PEOPLE WILL COMPLAIN!. You can't  make everyone happy.  Ok we see the PS4 don't do this or don't do that. Yet go over to Xbone you see the same thing. Wii U same thing. Lets go over to PC world now and yet you see the same thing. You can't make everyone happy. No matter what you do. The simple days are gone. You may be one who don't want it but there's a million more that do. Voicing your opinion is fine but to slash at everything as you do cause you don't get your way only makes you look like a kid!


take a look back at my posts, i did not once say people have to agree with me. i stated my PERSONAL VIEWS. before you insault me get it right. yes i don't like this move and there are millions who feel the same. look on the net. just as there are those who support it. so before you throw the kid crap around maybe you need to realize we are not so small as people like you think we are. a lot will give in and buy the system, a lot like myself won't. but if this is truely the future as you say then Sony better have some **bleep** good stuff because without free to play multiplayer they are just another leaf in the wind.

free online was that set them apart mostly in the last consal wars, even with all the problems PSN had people still stuck with it because it had free online. look back a year ago at the comments people said on PSNs free multiplayer vs. 360 pay to play. you'll see just as heated comments and even people who now embrace this pay to play saying how lame the idea was. some where people became blind and either just didn't step up to say it was lame even though they thought it, or just didn't care anymore.

i am not one of those people, all this time up to the PS4 they were able to run the servers, and like i said befor they even said it was because they added in the hardware for the social media stuff that they are doing this.


That was then this is now. How do you expect the PSN to keep running if they invest no money into it. Yoube seen this replay and it works to you. You do not have to pay for online if you dont ant to its your choice.  I agree 100% They ran servers up till now. Did they get tons better from the early days yes. But as last few years no not at all. Only change I have really seen is the better security since the PSN went down a few years a go. Other than that it has been the same. Now that were paying to play online yes we are getting social networking stuff but the hard ware to run that stuff as well. And beyond that. Dedicated servers not peer to peer play. No more of the host lags so doesn't everyone else. You also forget yes you pay but at least Sony gives us a few games for doing so. Where on the other side of the fence. This didn't happen. Also other side of the fence you got to pay twice for netflix and other aps. Also its been stated its up to the DEV if they go with the pay side or not. All your doing is forcing your opinion on others and then demanding  Sony fail cause they don't believe in what you want them to. Just like UH Oh......

 

you cant also expect to say major changes in games when they release on a system. It takes time. First round will look and be only a little bit better. But the link potsted above says it all. Look at the difference between launch titles then years later. Night and day differences. But you 100% fail to see this at all. You expect a new system to use 100% of its power when the DEV's that make the games havnt learned it that well as of yet. 


how am i forcing my opinion on others? show me a post where i said people have to think like i do. there isn't one. all my posts up till now have been personal feelings.

now you do make some points but i need to corrent you on one part. the games. this is and continues to be a miss direction. you don't get the game, you rent it. if your Plus goes out its useless. for people to continue to fall back on this is rediculous. so you get to rent the game for as long as your Plus is active. have you seen the games? they are games people already own, Sony picks the games, not us. if we got to pick which ones we could get per month, like let us vote on a few choices, then it would be a good service, but now its just a "hey remember this?" not really a good argument point.

as for the DEV's choice thing, its true and also why i feel the PS4 will fail in its efforts. once the DEVs see how much people demand from servers behind pay walls slowly but surely they will stop putting them behind it, then the "your paying to make it better" will also become a mook point. to sum it up, everything people claim is goddly about the system has majors holes in the idial of it when you stop to think about them.

the social media stuff that will be a major part of the consal will be high maintenence which means they more then likely won't stay free for long, they will see people saying "oh its ok the multiplayer is pay to play, why not the other stuff." like i said, so many things are bound to go wrong here and to keep using all this stuff to try and make the system sound like the next best thing compared to sun energy is just unwise.

 

all that said i still and will always say Sony is making a mastake doing this, in a few months there will be no differences between Sony and Microsoft. first its the multiplayer, then everything else.


Fine you rent it. At least Sony is giving us something for paying for the service, Live has been charging  for years and they have had vast improvements. They have been out of the box buy new dedicated servers for the one plus there cloud gaming. Again some money goes into pockets but some gets put back in the product. The same will be for Sony as well. New servers is a real good start for our money we have spent. Far as the multiplayer pay to play vs other stuff. This is a main reason is leaving live. There Netflix and what not. You have to pay twice, Here on the PSN it is free to use long as you pay net flix or the other aps prices. You dont ned  to pay again to use the network to get to them. Far as choose your game idea. I agree its a good idea but. Everymonth people demand AAA titles free. If this was the cae no one woul d make any money in the end.

Message 49 of 65 (136 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: Pay-to-play, a flawed strategy

Oct 30, 2013

VorxDargo wrote:

i personally hope the PS4 bombs, then all the SONY lap dogs will be here crying and i can tell them i told them so..

OP i have for months been against the PS4 pay-to-play thing, its rediculous. they put so much social media stuff into the system they lost all the money that could of gone to fix the servers.

Umm..... putting social integration into the PS4 is actually childs play to a programmer.... And the money Sony gets from Plus subscriptions is going towards paying for improving the network. I don't understand how you STILL cannot see/understand this, especially when it was even mentioned....

 

---- http://www.videogamer.com/news/sony_details_ps4_playstation_plus_changes.html

A PlayStation Plus account will also be required to access PS4's online multiplayer functionality – something Sony says will allow it to "invest significantly" in PlayStation Network to help lower downtimes and improve its performance. ----

 

--- http://news.softpedia.com/news/PlayStation-Plus-Requirement-for-PS4-Multiplayer-Helps-Improve-Featur... -----

 


http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/playstation-4-online-multiplayer-fee-will-be-used-to-fund-improv...

 

But then again, its always convenient to never do the homework and cry foul out of spite.

 

 

and before you people start yes it was them putting the tech in to use these services, they even said so at E3.

And? Its an OPTION.... You don't have to use it AT ALL, if you don't want to...

 

anyway most of these i know many people are like myself and don't care for. we buy a gaming system TO GAME! you want social media? there are plenty of other ways to do it. looking over the PS4 its clear its more like a giant Facebook wanna be then a gaming system.

Again.... YOU DO NOT HAVE TO USE THE SOCIAL FEATURES IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO USE THEM. YOU ARE NOT FORCED WITH IT. IT IS THERE FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO USE IT.

 

you know.... you CAN turn those off..... 


I am one of those people who will be using it. Does that mean you HAVE to use it?

Seriously.... honestly.... how dense are you to not understand this?

 


 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 50 of 65 (118 Views)