I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Re: Physical games Vs. Digital....I have changed my mind.

Apr 21, 2012

Madducky wrote:

Here's a nice twist to this story, as of today, I cannot log onto my PSN account, I get an error NP-2074-3 when I try.

After researching that number, it says tht my account is suspended for some reason. I have no idea why or for what duration. I'm just glad that I don't have to re-download anything right now!

So due to unknown reasons, SONY has removed my ability to redownload my paid content.

WOW

Another reason why i hate Digital Distribution. Get Perma Banned and all your purchases are null and voided.

Message 51 of 64 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Jan 31, 2013

And now that it's over, I can log in and download the content that I PAID FOR.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Banned for getting my account hacked!
. . . . . . .
Banned for asking why in the forums!
Message 52 of 64 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
649 posts

Jan 31, 2013

I personally would go for Physical Media, Vita games are pretty big when you have a 4GB MemoryCard Smiley Tongue

and having the physical media makes you feel like you actuall own the game itself. Smiley Happy

Smiley Very Happy
Message 53 of 64 (236 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Jan 31, 2013

I prefer a hard copy over digital but I don't mind buying PSP and PS1 games off the store. Also for PS3 I will only buy digital games if they are exclusive downloads meaning I can't buy a hard copy anyway. There are some digital titles that are so worth buying.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 54 of 64 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Madducky wrote:

And now that it's over, I can log in and download the content that I PAID FOR.

Dude you know that you can keep all you digital games in the hard drive for your computer right?

You dont need to redownload it. I have a 1TB external hard drive where i keep all my digital games, and i dont need to acces my account to redownload it. I only got one 32 GB memory card and it will last forever cause once i beat the game, i back up the game on my hard drive and delete it to get the free space it was occuping.

Plus as someone said, you can always carry your digital games to the next gen systems nonetheless you cannot do it with digital copies unless SONY decide to add a retrocompatibility with the games of the past gen system.

BTW. I only got 1 physical copy (Metal Gear Solid Collection) and my other 30 games are digital only.

PD: The only bad side of it, is that some games are only physical (like FF crysis core). In that case ill just have to buy it physical :/ 

Message 55 of 64 (214 Views)
MVP Support
13578 posts

Jan 31, 2013

I've been buying digital only.

And while it's nice, I think I should go to Physical.

1. My memory card is filling up.

2. I'm used to being able to trade in games I don't play (haven't touched  Uncharted, Gravity Rush, or Ninja Gaiden Sigma+ since I beat them). When I bought the PS3, I had over $200 in trade-in credit to put towards it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 56 of 64 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1515 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Ill still buy whatever I can physical. It runs better off the card and I can conserve valuable memory.I dont really trade or sell my games.

Message 57 of 64 (203 Views)
Sackboy
499 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Always physical

Message 58 of 64 (199 Views)
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Feb 15, 2013

I'm leaning towards physical myself!

The reason I had to redownload everything was that I was banned from logging in and accessing what I purchased. Oh and since I can log in now, I can also access the content the thief downloaded and I paid for!

Banned for getting my account hacked!
. . . . . . .
Banned for asking why in the forums!
Message 59 of 64 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Feb 15, 2013

I'm too much into buying Premium & Limited Editions to go all Digital!  I only buy Digital if it's PS1 classics or PSP games as I don't own a PSP system!  Woman Wink

"This place may be a virtual world but my feelings are very real." - Lightning Flash Asuna, Sword Art Online

SAO3.jpg

Message 60 of 64 (162 Views)
0 Likes