Nov 18 2012
By: sekaniy Hekseville Citizen 339 posts

Planning Buying 3 Vitas for our 3kids

15 replies 410 views Edited Nov 18, 2012

Time to take out a loan now  LOL!!!!! 

But I have a few questions.  We have one PS3 and I have the main account and we're creating online accounts for each of them.

So now :

1 If I purchase PS+ on my account will it transfer to all 3 of the new Vitas?

2 We getting PSASBR tuesday, will the free Vita copy apply to all of their Vitas or just one?  Will that work the same with Sly4 and RatchetFFA?

3 Can more than one account work with a Vita?  I think it doesn't but just checking...

4 Does it still connect locally with games like Ad-Hoc used to with PSP?

5 Should I get Black Ops bundle or Lego Batman?  None of us like, or are interested in BO2.  But that one comes with 4gig card and I believe Batman one doesn't?

Thanks  for all the support and look forward to jumping into Vita world!!!  Also any suggestions for non-mature games too.  

PSASBR,LBP,Escape Plan, Mutant blob are some I know we will buy.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (410 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1093 posts

Re: Planning Buying 3 Vitas for our 3kids

Nov 18, 2012

Wow you're a nice parent, good for you, I am sure your kids will love them. To answer your questions:

1) I believe ps+ will only transfer to two Vitas, but I may be incorrect

2) I believe it may only apply to two as well since on the disclamer for some games at least it states that the games are able to be transfered over to two systems either portable or console.

3) I believe only one account can be linked with the Vita since the 1.80 update.

4) Yes it does connect via Ad-Hoc, but some games may not allow that option, but for the most part yes.

5) Lego Batman is a port of the 3DS and from what I've heard pretty disappointing, but for kids i believe they will love anything with Batman. BlackOPsD is sort of short on the single player side but I'm enjoying it.

6) A bundle is you're best bet regardless of whether you want BO2 because you literally get afree game and a free memory card, plus the $50 off on the original price.

7) For games for kids I recommend Little Big Planet Vita, Gravity Rush, Need for Speed Mod Nation Racers, and PS+ is a no brainer for new Vita owners.

Now anyone from the community feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any of the points. Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (399 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7634 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2012

1 If I purchase PS+ on my account will it transfer to all 3 of the new Vitas?  PS+ content is limited to the purchasing account only.  It will not transfer to a Vita that is registered with a different account.  This applies to all purchases through the PSN.

2 We getting PSASBR tuesday, will the free Vita copy apply to all of their Vitas or just one?  Will that work the same with Sly4 and RatchetFFA?  Same as #1.  Purchases only apply to the purchasing account.

3 Can more than one account work with a Vita?  I think it doesn't but just checking...  One account per Vita.  A single account can be registered on two Vitas.

4 Does it still connect locally with games like Ad-Hoc used to with PSP?  No idea.  I traded in my PSP toward the PSVita.

5 Should I get Black Ops bundle or Lego Batman?  None of us like, or are interested in BO2.  But that one comes with 4gig card and I believe Batman one doesn't?  Doesn't really matter.  If you are planning on buying any digital content at all, 4GB is not nearly enough for more than one or two games at a time.

Basically, for 3 Vitas with different accounts, you are going to need to buy three versions of each game you want.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (384 Views)
Wastelander
834 posts

Nov 18, 2012

sekaniy wrote:

Time to take out a loan now  LOL!!!!! 

But I have a few questions.  We have one PS3 and I have the main account and we're creating online accounts for each of them.

So now :

1 If I purchase PS+ on my account will it transfer to all 3 of the new Vitas?

2 We getting PSASBR tuesday, will the free Vita copy apply to all of their Vitas or just one?  Will that work the same with Sly4 and RatchetFFA?

3 Can more than one account work with a Vita?  I think it doesn't but just checking...

4 Does it still connect locally with games like Ad-Hoc used to with PSP?

5 Should I get Black Ops bundle or Lego Batman?  None of us like, or are interested in BO2.  But that one comes with 4gig card and I believe Batman one doesn't?

Thanks  for all the support and look forward to jumping into Vita world!!!  Also any suggestions for non-mature games too.  

Ack, I feel kind of bad answering these questions as it might sway you away from a Vita purchase. That said...

1) If you purchase PS+ with your account the Vitas will have to be used with your PSN ID. Even sub accounts can't access PS+ perks unless your account is on the system. If you are creating new IDs for each Vita and you want to use Plus with each, you'll have to purchase Plus for each. That said a single PSN account can be registered to two PS3s and two Vitas at a time. It woud be possible for you to add your PSN to two of those Vitas to use those benefits.

2) While we don't have solid details on how Cross Buy will work a manager from EU incinuated that Vita versions will be locked to the PSN account, meaning the same would apply as above.

3) You can use multiple accounts with a Vita but each account will need a different memory card. The Vita does not allow for multiple users the same way the PS3 does.

4) Yes, AD-HOC is available with Vita, just like PSP. Games that support the AD-HOC feature will be useable via AD-HOC.

5) That choice comes all up to you. If you aren't interested in Declassified but are interested in Batman that's the way to go. If you don't care for either of the games though Declassified may be the way to go as it'll save you $20 on the memory card.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (372 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Nov 18, 2012

Thanks for answers so far.  The truth can hurt sometimes :catfrustrated:   But even buying PS+ for each is still a good deall cause they will all get multiple free games for $50.  

I guess I have to buy me one now :cattongue: !!!! 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (353 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 18, 2012
You could if you want just buy one additional PS+ account for one of your kid's Vita, if you don't mind that the other two will share the same PSN ID as your main account.

There is another bundle available that you didn't mention. That is the Assassin's Creed one. Like the CoD one it includes the game and one 4GB memory card. Also the Vita is white in color, if you want to get an alternate color. This bundle will only be available at GameStop and Amazon at the BF $200 price...
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (341 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Nov 19, 2012

That might be better especially on Amazon.  I don't have to fight crazy people too.    I have to see about sharing accounts too, these boys are trophy hoarders already!!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (306 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Nov 19, 2012

sekaniy wrote:

Thanks for answers so far.  The truth can hurt sometimes :catfrustrated:   But even buying PS+ for each is still a good deall cause they will all get multiple free games for $50.  

I guess I have to buy me one now :cattongue: !!!! 

Very true, you will spend more than that easily in just a month buying games for one Vita versus a simple yearly subscription to plus to each. I mean honestly buying 3 Vita's it's just going to be expensive in general. Really would be the same for any system, at that point it's just going to add up.

Lucky kids I must say to have a parent like you.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (292 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Nov 19, 2012

sekaniy wrote:

That might be better especially on Amazon.  I don't have to fight crazy people too.    I have to see about sharing accounts too, these boys are trophy hoarders already!!

Well just keep in mind Amazon has their weird time schedules for each of their Black Friday sales, it would be important to look up those times so you don't end up somehow missing the window.

Maybe you already knew that but I figured it might be important to know if you didn't.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1676 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

sekaniy wrote:

Also any suggestions for non-mature games too.  

Well, you mentioned LBPV, I recommend that as one of your first purchases.  It allows for 4-player online so they can all play together if they want.  It doesn't allow for local adhoc multiplayer, however.  Just an FYI.

Need For Speed: Most Wanted is also a fun online multiplayer game they might enjoy.  Racing is relatively non-mature, other than the fact that you run from the cops and get points by ramming them off the road.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (277 Views)
0 Likes