MVP Support
6111 posts

Re: Playstation 4: Everything about it so far...

Jul 23, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

da1writer wrote:

Thanks, I'm not always this angry guy I portray sometimes,

I'll happily help anyone if I can.

I felt this thread could help inform alot of people and I hope it continues to do so in the future as more information about the PS4 comes out.

I may have created the thread but it is THE PLAYSTATION COMMUNITY who continues to shape it.

I'll happily add anything to the main first post as long as it's relevant. 

Oh, you're THAT guy. Smiley Wink

That's the way it should be here. We're all gamers and should want to help out when we can. Games should be about fun, and so should the community.

Anyway, good job on putting this together. Can't wait to see more remote play videos and hear more about how Gaikai will work. Thanks.

Thanks for the support.

PS4 has no power brick, PS4 console size similar to PS3 Slim (not super). Link provided in Spec section of the main first post.

Message 50 of 3,116 (484 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jul 23, 2013

da1writer wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:

da1writer wrote:

Thanks, I'm not always this angry guy I portray sometimes,

I'll happily help anyone if I can.

I felt this thread could help inform alot of people and I hope it continues to do so in the future as more information about the PS4 comes out.

I may have created the thread but it is THE PLAYSTATION COMMUNITY who continues to shape it.

I'll happily add anything to the main first post as long as it's relevant. 

Oh, you're THAT guy. Smiley Wink

That's the way it should be here. We're all gamers and should want to help out when we can. Games should be about fun, and so should the community.

Anyway, good job on putting this together. Can't wait to see more remote play videos and hear more about how Gaikai will work. Thanks.

Thanks for the support.

PS4 has no power brick, PS4 console size similar to PS3 Slim (not super). Link provided in Spec section of the main first post.

There's a youtube video you should find which compares the PS4 to the PS3 slim from 09, and shows the PS4 is actually a bit smaller than the PS3 slim.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 51 of 3,116 (556 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6111 posts

Jul 23, 2013

Shadelon wrote:

There's a youtube video you should find which compares the PS4 to the PS3 slim from 09, and shows the PS4 is actually a bit smaller than the PS3 slim.

I found a chart online that does a comparison between all the consoles, posted link to it in the Spec section of the Main Post.

Message 52 of 3,116 (544 Views)
MVP Support
6111 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2013

Thanks goes to Shadelon for telling me this new tidbit via PM.

According to the FCC, the PS4 Clock Speed for each core may be 1.6Ghz [Min], 

The MAX CLOCK SPEED PER CORE IS 2.75GHZ!!!

It is also running at a lower temperature that the PS3 super slim.

Take into consideration with this new news, the PS3 runs at max 3.2Ghz and only has 1 core (7 spe's of course).

Updated Spec portion in first main post with link.

Message 53 of 3,116 (524 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15795 posts

Re: Playstation 4: Everything about it Finally

Jul 23, 2013

da1writer wrote:

Hawkfan267 wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Yeah, that's accurate. I suppose the debate is which system (PS4/X1) is more powerful, I think that's a useless debate to have right now. Because neither system has been released yet and even though on the surface the tech specs favor the PS4, launch games for both systems will look the same. The true differance will not be seen for a few years. So really, no one can go there right now IMO.

I only posted those vs links because it talked about the PS4's specs. Otherwise it's a reference for comparisons sake. I did not mean for it to seem like a debate or anything, apologies.

It's not really you. There's a tendency for some PS3 only owners that post here to start comparing tech specs. Seeing your post may start a flame war on which system is "the most powerful". I don't think it's happened here, but it might. So just be aware. 

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 54 of 3,116 (521 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jul 24, 2013

da1writer wrote:

Thanks goes to Shadelon for telling me this new tidbit via PM.

According to the FCC, the PS4 Clock Speed for each core may be 1.6Ghz [Min], 

The MAX CLOCK SPEED PER CORE IS 2.75GHZ!!!

It is also running at a lower temperature that the PS3 super slim.

Take into consideration with this new news, the PS3 runs at max 3.2Ghz and only has 1 core (7 spe's of course).

Updated Spec portion in first main post with link.

No problemo. Smiley Wink

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 55 of 3,116 (503 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2013

I like everything about it except two things.

15 minutes of gameplay... Is not enough. Nowhere near. Then again.. XBOX users will be even further disappointed with 5 minutes.

It should be 35 at a bare minimum. But I could accept 20 if I had to. but 15? I can't use that... It isn't enough for my projects that I have planned.

Considering that issue that brings the next thing.

Should have Component cable / standard support to cover the fact that a lot of recording tools utilize that over HDMI.

Seriously both companies messed this up.

Message 56 of 3,116 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Jul 24, 2013
@da1writer-if you do a games section this is a good link. Has launch day titles and launch window titles.

http://m.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PlayStation_4_Launch_Titles
Message 57 of 3,116 (494 Views)
MVP Support
6111 posts

Jul 25, 2013

waynefiend wrote:
@da1writer-if you do a games section this is a good link. Has launch day titles and launch window titles.

http://m.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PlayStation_4_Launch_Titles

Thanks, I'll  take this as a good reference (may just strip post it anyway), will be doing the games section hopefully this weekend.

Plan on having a list of each game coming on release day 1 with a screenshot and a gameplay vid. Future titles may be that link you provided.

Message 58 of 3,116 (447 Views)
MVP Support
6111 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Thanks goes out to Amnalehu for the Battlefield 4 links and video, especially for the Second Screen function info.

Battlefield 4 is the first game in the Games Section part of this thread, second post.

Also, thanks goes out to heGOTmeAGAIN, providing the link and info about the 9 free games the PS4 will be getting soon. Updated the second part in the Games section again.

As stated before, I may have created the thread, but it is you the community who continually shape it.

Message 59 of 3,116 (431 Views)