Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Re: Playstation 4: Everything about it so far...

Jul 27, 2013

3 or so months seems too long. Don't be surprised if we hear about Everquest Next coming to the PS4 next friday also. Its a great time to be a PlayStation gamer

MLB the Show, God of War Ascension, Last of Us, Gran Turismo 6, Ratchet and Clank Nexus, Tearaway, Killzone Mercenary, Knack, The Order, Infamous, Killzone Shadow Fall, Drive Club.

PS Vita Games in 2014: The Ultimate List -
http://forums.playstationlifestyle.net/threads/ps-vita-games-in-2014-the-ultimate-list.615/
Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 3,115 (358 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2013

PS4 will give 5gb of GDDR5 ram + 512mb of swappable ram to Games/ Developers,

Official Sony Statement below, will update first post with link shortly.

Sony has issued a statement:

We would like to clear up a misunderstanding regarding our "direct" and "flexible" memory systems. The article states that "flexible" memory is borrowed from the OS, and must be returned when requested - that's not actually the case.

The actual true distinction is that:

• "Direct Memory" is memory allocated under the traditional video game model, so the game controls all aspects of its allocation
  • "Flexible Memory" is memory managed by the PS4 OS on the game's behalf, and allows games to use some very nice FreeBSD virtual memory functionality. However this memory is 100 per cent the game's memory, and is never used by the OS, and as it is the game's memory it should be easy for every developer to use it.

We have no comment to make on the amount of memory reserved by the system or what it is used for.

Based on this information, plus the new source coming forward to explain the properties of flexible memory, our take on this right now is that there is 4.5GB of conventional RAM available to developers, along with the OS-controlled flexible memory Sony describes, in addition to that.

We understand that this is a 1GB virtual address space, split into two areas - 512MB of on-chip RAM is used (the physical area) and another 512MB is "paged", perhaps like a Windows swap file. But to be clear, of the 8GB of GDDR5 on PS4, our contention is that 5GB of it is available to developers.

The good news is that the amount is static and not dictated by OS functions as we stated in our original post, making it a lot easier for developers to work with.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-ps3-system-software-memory

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 3,115 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3468 posts

Jul 28, 2013

Will we be able to install and use images on to the PS4 to use as our avatar (Profile picture)?

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 3,115 (448 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Re: Playstation 4: Everything about it Finally

Jul 28, 2013

excited about the ps4?  daily news, pix, and vids to help you nerd out about the ps4

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ps4gamers/

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 3,115 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1465 posts

Jul 28, 2013

feelin froggy?

www.leap.com

photo 4uxeSNX.jpgIn Me

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 3,115 (445 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4345 posts

Jul 28, 2013

Lots of updates thanks to the community here in the forums. Apologies for not mentioing these features and functions , and news bits. Thanks to you all for continuing to help add to this this thread!

All these have been added to the Spec Portion of the First post in this thread along with lnks of course:

PS4 is Region Free

HDD is replaceable (pics of how in the future)

Suspend/Resume Mode (sleep like Vita does) ,game being tossed to the ram in a low state power mode so when the PS4 is "off" it really isn't, pressing it back on rsumes your gameplay

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 3,115 (432 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4345 posts

Jul 28, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 3,115 (428 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4345 posts

Jul 28, 2013

Playstation Plus Memebers get 4 free games eventually in the first months of the PS4, NEW GAMES!

Placed link and info in the PS+ Section on the first post.

(Why so many updates, well I'm currently updating the Games section and I'm finding new stuff that should have been part of the first post long time ago but missed).

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 3,115 (424 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4345 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Updated the Games section in the second post of the thread with Launch Window Games. I will continue the list next weekend  of titles outside the Launch Day and Launch Window as I can't believe there is even MORE games out there coming to the PS4. Good night everyone and be sure to check out the Second post!

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 3,115 (397 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4345 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Updated first post for one particular user, a personal shoot out to Oneshyne!

PS4 will support over 2000 friends! 

I see those tears buddy, you can get that PS4 now.

Thanks goes out to Mercenary09 for the heads up. If anyone has any news in regards to the PS4, just let me know. You guys shape this thread and I'll proudly thank you in the update.

Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 3,115 (383 Views)
0 Likes