Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/16/2005
Offline
4437 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Exclusives!

Jun 27, 2005
,
,

,
,
,Adirondack1 wrote:
,
,
,Aleman wrote:
,

,
,
,Adirondack1 wrote:

,
,
,Aleman wrote:
,

,
,
,eggsampull wrote:
,

,
,
,Aleman wrote:
,
Take the crap games off the list and we'll do a comparison
,
 
,
Good Xbox exclusives:
,
 
,
Halo
,
Fable
,
Crimson Skies
,
MechAssault
,
Perfect Dark
,
Gears of War
,
KOTOR
,
Jade Empire
,
Forza
,
Project Gotham
,
99 Knights (looks good)
,
Blue Dragon (looks good)
,
Lost Odyssey (looks good)
,
Huxley (looks good, may be announced for PS3)
,
 
,
That's all I can think of off the top of my head.  I'll be buying both consoles because they both have awesome exclusives.

,
,

Those ones in bold I don't think will be too good.

,
,
Forza, Project Gotham, and MechAssault are all great games.  You need Live for the full experience.  Fable was wayyyy over-hyped but was still a lot of fun.

,
,


Zzzzzz.....
So the only good exclusives for the 360 are online?
This PS3 list is not even complete.
Not to mention crap to you may not be crap to someone else.
Your 360 list has some crap games IMO with or without Live(an arguement soon to be dead anyway).
,
,

I don't know why you would even buy an Xbox/Xbox 360 if you don't like online games...

,
,



Exactly.........
There is an OFFLINE group of gamers out there(360 is ignoring them IMO).
I do both and there are plenty of exclusives on the playstation that will sell the console for offline as well as online.
Its in the games and the catalog of games on or offline.
IMO PS3 with its exclusives already has the better group of games appealing to ALL gamers and they are behind with the release.

God of War was ONE OF THE TOP 3(Metal Gear, GT4) offline games on the PS2. ,

Message Edited by Adirondack1 on 06-27-2005 02:12 PM
,


,

Therein lies the major difference between PS2 and Xbox.  The top games on PS2 were mostly single player, while the top games on Xbox were mostly online.
,
 
,
I personally could care less about single player games because I simply don't play them anymore.  The PS2 had too major online games, SOCOM and FFXI, and I wasn't interested in either of them, so I didn't buy a PS2.
,
 
,
360 isn't ignoring the offline gamers though.  PD0 will no doubt have awesome single player, and Kameo/Oblivion are single player games.  PGR has 100s of hours of single player gameplay.  And those are just launch titles...
,

Message Edited by Aleman on 06-27-2005 11:15 AM

Message Edited by Aleman on 06-27-2005 11:16 AM

Message 21 of 85 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/12/2005
Offline
3841 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Exclusives!

Jun 27, 2005

,
,
,Aleman wrote:
,
,
,

,
,
,Adirondack1 wrote:
,
,
,Aleman wrote:
,

,
,
,Adirondack1 wrote:

,
,
,Aleman wrote:
,

,
,
,eggsampull wrote:
,

,
,
,Aleman wrote:
,
Take the crap games off the list and we'll do a comparison
,
 
,
Good Xbox exclusives:
,
 
,
Halo
,
Fable
,
Crimson Skies
,
MechAssault
,
Perfect Dark
,
Gears of War
,
KOTOR
,
Jade Empire
,
Forza
,
Project Gotham
,
99 Knights (looks good)
,
Blue Dragon (looks good)
,
Lost Odyssey (looks good)
,
Huxley (looks good, may be announced for PS3)
,
 
,
That's all I can think of off the top of my head.  I'll be buying both consoles because they both have awesome exclusives.

,
,

Those ones in bold I don't think will be too good.

,
,
Forza, Project Gotham, and MechAssault are all great games.  You need Live for the full experience.  Fable was wayyyy over-hyped but was still a lot of fun.

,
,


Zzzzzz.....
So the only good exclusives for the 360 are online?
This PS3 list is not even complete.
Not to mention crap to you may not be crap to someone else.
Your 360 list has some crap games IMO with or without Live(an arguement soon to be dead anyway).
,
,

I don't know why you would even buy an Xbox/Xbox 360 if you don't like online games...

,
,



Exactly.........
There is an OFFLINE group of gamers out there(360 is ignoring them IMO).
I do both and there are plenty of exclusives on the playstation that will sell the console for offline as well as online.
Its in the games and the catalog of games on or offline.
IMO PS3 with its exclusives already has the better group of games appealing to ALL gamers and they are behind with the release.

God of War was ONE OF THE TOP 3(Metal Gear, GT4) offline games on the PS2. ,

Message Edited by Adirondack1 on 06-27-2005 02:12 PM
,


,

Therein lies the major difference between PS2 and Xbox.  The top games on PS2 were mostly single player, while the top games on Xbox were mostly online.
,
 
,
I personally could care less about single player games because I simply don't play them anymore.  The PS2 had too major online games, SOCOM and FFXI, and I wasn't interested in either of them, so I didn't buy a PS2.
,
 
,
360 isn't ignoring the offline gamers though.  PD0 will no doubt have awesome single player, and Kameo/Oblivion are single player games.  PGR has 100s of hours of single player gameplay.  And those are just launch titles...
,

Message Edited by Aleman on 06-27-2005 11:15 AM

,

Message Edited by Aleman on 06-27-2005 11:16 AM
,


,
You've never owned a ps2, then how do you know certain xbox games are better?
,
Signature removed by admin due to extreme volumes of sexyness
Message 22 of 85 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/16/2005
Offline
4437 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Exclusives!

Jun 27, 2005

,
,
,eggsampull wrote:

,
,
,Aleman wrote:
,
,
,

,
,
,Adirondack1 wrote:
,
,
,Aleman wrote:
,

,
,
,Adirondack1 wrote:

,
,
,Aleman wrote:
,

,
,
,eggsampull wrote:
,

,
,
,Aleman wrote:
,
Take the crap games off the list and we'll do a comparison
,
 
,
Good Xbox exclusives:
,
 
,
Halo
,
Fable
,
Crimson Skies
,
MechAssault
,
Perfect Dark
,
Gears of War
,
KOTOR
,
Jade Empire
,
Forza
,
Project Gotham
,
99 Knights (looks good)
,
Blue Dragon (looks good)
,
Lost Odyssey (looks good)
,
Huxley (looks good, may be announced for PS3)
,
 
,
That's all I can think of off the top of my head.  I'll be buying both consoles because they both have awesome exclusives.

,
,

Those ones in bold I don't think will be too good.

,
,
Forza, Project Gotham, and MechAssault are all great games.  You need Live for the full experience.  Fable was wayyyy over-hyped but was still a lot of fun.

,
,


Zzzzzz.....
So the only good exclusives for the 360 are online?
This PS3 list is not even complete.
Not to mention crap to you may not be crap to someone else.
Your 360 list has some crap games IMO with or without Live(an arguement soon to be dead anyway).
,
,

I don't know why you would even buy an Xbox/Xbox 360 if you don't like online games...

,
,



Exactly.........
There is an OFFLINE group of gamers out there(360 is ignoring them IMO).
I do both and there are plenty of exclusives on the playstation that will sell the console for offline as well as online.
Its in the games and the catalog of games on or offline.
IMO PS3 with its exclusives already has the better group of games appealing to ALL gamers and they are behind with the release.

God of War was ONE OF THE TOP 3(Metal Gear, GT4) offline games on the PS2. ,

Message Edited by Adirondack1 on 06-27-2005 02:12 PM
,


,

Therein lies the major difference between PS2 and Xbox.  The top games on PS2 were mostly single player, while the top games on Xbox were mostly online.
,
 
,
I personally could care less about single player games because I simply don't play them anymore.  The PS2 had too major online games, SOCOM and FFXI, and I wasn't interested in either of them, so I didn't buy a PS2.
,
 
,
360 isn't ignoring the offline gamers though.  PD0 will no doubt have awesome single player, and Kameo/Oblivion are single player games.  PGR has 100s of hours of single player gameplay.  And those are just launch titles...
,

Message Edited by Aleman on 06-27-2005 11:15 AM

,

Message Edited by Aleman on 06-27-2005 11:16 AM
,


,
You've never owned a ps2, then how do you know certain xbox games are better?
,

,
,

Never said they were "better," just saying that Xbox has plenty of good exclusives.  At least for me, since I've never bought more than 20 games for a single console, and with online play I'll play the same game for a year straight no problem.
Message 23 of 85 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/12/2005
Offline
3841 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Exclusives!

Jun 27, 2005
Why do you have killzone in your sig, have you ever played it?
Signature removed by admin due to extreme volumes of sexyness
Message 24 of 85 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/16/2005
Offline
4437 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Exclusives!

Jun 27, 2005

,
,
,eggsampull wrote:
,
Why do you have killzone in your sig, have you ever played it?

,
,
I played it on my roomie's PS2 and it sucked.  But it's a cool concept.
Message 25 of 85 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/22/2005
Offline
487 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Exclusives!

Jun 27, 2005


SolidKratos wrote:


Pirateguy wrote:
Lame thread.


Thank you but I hope Sony buys GTA.


What? Sony is buying GTA?
Message 26 of 85 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/12/2005
Offline
3841 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Exclusives!

Jun 27, 2005

,
,
,Aleman wrote:
,

,
,
,eggsampull wrote:
,
Why do you have killzone in your sig, have you ever played it?

,
,
I played it on my roomie's PS2 and it sucked.  But it's a cool concept.

,
,

,
Well, what the hell, I think all the games on the xbox other than Halo suck, and I have quite a few xbox games, but I'm the fanboy...
Signature removed by admin due to extreme volumes of sexyness
Message 27 of 85 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/16/2005
Offline
4437 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Exclusives!

Jun 27, 2005

,
,
,eggsampull wrote:

,
,
,Aleman wrote:
,

,
,
,eggsampull wrote:
,
Why do you have killzone in your sig, have you ever played it?

,
,
I played it on my roomie's PS2 and it sucked.  But it's a cool concept.

,
,

,
Well, what the hell, I think all the games on the xbox other than Halo suck, and I have quite a few xbox games, but I'm the fanboy...

,
,

I just don't understand how you can say every game on Xbox but Halo sucks.  For example, if you play Crimson Skies online and don't have a good time, there's something wrong with you
Message 28 of 85 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/12/2005
Offline
3841 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Exclusives!

Jun 27, 2005

,
,
,Aleman wrote:
,

,
,
,eggsampull wrote:

,
,
,Aleman wrote:
,

,
,
,eggsampull wrote:
,
Why do you have killzone in your sig, have you ever played it?

,
,
I played it on my roomie's PS2 and it sucked.  But it's a cool concept.

,
,

,
Well, what the hell, I think all the games on the xbox other than Halo suck, and I have quite a few xbox games, but I'm the fanboy...

,
,

I just don't understand how you can say every game on Xbox but Halo sucks.  For example, if you play Crimson Skies online and don't have a good time, there's something wrong with you

,
,
Well it's my opinion that it sucks, I don't see how that makes me a fanboy, atleast I tried both systems out, and my friend has a GC that I play too, to me Ps2 games are far better, with more variety.
,
Signature removed by admin due to extreme volumes of sexyness
Message 29 of 85 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/16/2005
Offline
4437 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Exclusives!

Jun 27, 2005
,

,
,
,eggsampull wrote:

,
,
,Aleman wrote:
,

,
,
,eggsampull wrote:

,
,
,Aleman wrote:
,

,
,
,eggsampull wrote:
,
Why do you have killzone in your sig, have you ever played it?

,
,
I played it on my roomie's PS2 and it sucked.  But it's a cool concept.

,
,

,
Well, what the hell, I think all the games on the xbox other than Halo suck, and I have quite a few xbox games, but I'm the fanboy...

,
,

I just don't understand how you can say every game on Xbox but Halo sucks.  For example, if you play Crimson Skies online and don't have a good time, there's something wrong with you

,
,
Well it's my opinion that it sucks, I don't see how that makes me a fanboy, atleast I tried both systems out, and my friend has a GC that I play too, to me Ps2 games are far better, with more variety.
,
,


,
,null,

A fanboy comment is "every game on Xbox but Halo sucks."  A non-fanboy comment is "every game I've played on Xbox but Halo sucks."  Key difference.

,

Again, unless you've played a clan match in Counter-strike, a capture the flag match on Crimson Skies, played KOTOR through both endings, sold a customized car online in Forza, or did a pelvic thrust in front of a grandma in Fable, I don't think you are qualified to say that "every game but Halo sucks."

Message 30 of 85 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes