Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 14 2014
By: Kelsinator Wastelander 790 posts

PlayStation Forum Organization

[ Edited ]
32 replies 184 views Edited Jul 14, 2014

Since I have come from 360, tto the PS4, just one thing bothers me, and that is this forum. There is absolutely no organization. PS Forums has Game Communities? 11 of them? Wow thanks..... Xbox has an index for every console, and for every game, Alpahbetcally. Why can we not have this here? Why is there only 11 Game Comminuties? I would also like a forum which has the sections specifically for each individual console.. I am sick of seeng/sifting through pages/threads regarding PSP, PS3, etc etc 

Mod Edit: Edited title for clarity. -- XiomaraRose

Message 1 of 33 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3264 posts

Re: Organization....

Jul 14, 2014

These forums used to have such nice features, but the Sony gods decided to curse us all an take them from us. 

Sony giveth, Sony taketh away.  

No one knows why, and everyone objected.  

Message 2 of 33 (176 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30314 posts

Jul 14, 2014

Kelsinator wrote:

Since I have come from 360, tto the PS4, just one thing bothers me, and that is this forum. There is absolutely no organization. PS Forums has Game Communities? 11 of them? Wow thanks..... Xbox has an index for every console, and for every game, Alpahbetcally. Why can we not have this here? Why is there only 11 Game Comminuties? I would also like a forum which has the sections specifically for each individual console.. I am sick of seeng/sifting through pages/threads regarding PSP, PS3, etc etc 

Some of us here actualy remember the gaming Forums when they were here!

It was indeed a shame they decided to remove them but remove them they did, the only ones that remain now are the ones where there is support from a member of the development Team or Moderator for a particular gaming Forum, all other gaming 'chatter' is now meant to take place in PS General!

BRIT-KO

Message 3 of 33 (167 Views)
Fender Bender
3264 posts

Jul 14, 2014

BRIT-KO wrote:

Kelsinator wrote:

Some of us here actualy remember the gaming Forums when they were here!

It was indeed a shame they decided to remove them but remove them they did, the only ones that remain now are the ones where there is support from a member of the development Team or Moderator for a particular gaming Forum, all other gaming 'chatter' is now meant to take place in PS General!

BRIT-KO

I was here when we had different forums to, and you could ask a game question or console question in that particular forum for it.  Now it's a mess and I agree with the OP.  Sony now has 4 consoles plus a handheld on the market.  They need to bring the forums up to snuff and get us something to work with on here.  

Message 4 of 33 (160 Views)
Survivor
2569 posts

Jul 14, 2014

There used to be alot more but there's been alot of changes with the forums. There used to be sections for even multiplat games but I don't think those got used very much and so alot of the forums with no active mod or community manager(not sure which one) were removed. We'll probably see alot more come online with the different exclusives that will come out.

Message 5 of 33 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3264 posts

Jul 14, 2014

murphdawg1 wrote:

There used to be alot more but there's been alot of changes with the forums. There used to be sections for even multiplat games but I don't think those got used very much and so alot of the forums with no active mod or community manager(not sure which one) were removed. We'll probably see alot more come online with the different exclusives that will come out.

These forums used to be cool, and they were.  We had cool mods and a pretty great gaming community on here for the longest time.  Now look at them.  (shakes head...)  

Message 6 of 33 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2569 posts

Jul 14, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

murphdawg1 wrote:

These forums used to be cool, and they were.  We had cool mods and a pretty great gaming community on here for the longest time.  Now look at them.  (shakes head...)  

In some ways it's much cleaner now and easy to navigate. I am actually surprised there is one already for The Order 1886 but not one for DriveClub.

Message 7 of 33 (148 Views)
Fender Bender
3264 posts

Jul 14, 2014

murphdawg1 wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

murphdawg1 wrote:

In some ways it's much cleaner now and easy to navigate. I am actually surprised there is one already for The Order 1886 but not one for DriveClub.

Yea, it's cleaner and all, but why should you have to ask about a game on the same page where PS4 console questions are being discussed?  I mean, that's silly.  We had an entire page just for the PS2 back in those days, and a page for RPG's, General, Sports, etc.  You never had to fish through a search engine to see a question you may need answered already there. We may get some more organization, maybe a little, but I doubt these forums will change too much.  

Message 8 of 33 (139 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30314 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2014

murphdawg1 wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

murphdawg1 wrote:

@shadoefax - You only registered on June 6th 2014, some 5 weeks ago, how do you remember exactly?

@murphdawg1 - Totally agree. and where's the Destiny Sub-Forum?

BRIT-KO

Message 9 of 33 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2044 posts

Jul 14, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

These forums used to have such nice features, but the Sony gods decided to curse us all an take them from us. 

Sony giveth, Sony taketh away.  

No one knows why, and everyone objected.  

So true i miss the sub menus, kept everything organized.  I guess its the same group that thought of the PS4 xmb.  Its all cluttered, a big step back from the past as well.  

I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Message 10 of 33 (126 Views)
0 Likes