Reply
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
7601 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Forum Organization

[ Edited ]
2 weeks ago

SoulTrain75 wrote:

i miss the way they used to have it to. most of the time whatever game i was playing atm i could come on here and talk about it and see what others are saying about it, or if i was stuck on something i could get on here and ask about it.


Yea it came in handy. I hung out a lot in the Movie and Tv shows area. There were some pretty good discussion there sometimes.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 33 (74 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/17/2008
Online
3219 posts
 

Re: Organization....

2 weeks ago

shadoefax wrote:

murphdawg1 wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

murphdawg1 wrote:

There used to be alot more but there's been alot of changes with the forums. There used to be sections for even multiplat games but I don't think those got used very much and so alot of the forums with no active mod or community manager(not sure which one) were removed. We'll probably see alot more come online with the different exclusives that will come out.


These forums used to be cool, and they were.  We had cool mods and a pretty great gaming community on here for the longest time.  Now look at them.  (shakes head...)  


In some ways it's much cleaner now and easy to navigate. I am actually surprised there is one already for The Order 1886 but not one for DriveClub.


Yea, it's cleaner and all, but why should you have to ask about a game on the same page where PS4 console questions are being discussed?  I mean, that's silly.  We had an entire page just for the PS2 back in those days, and a page for RPG's, General, Sports, etc.  You never had to fish through a search engine to see a question you may need answered already there. We may get some more organization, maybe a little, but I doubt these forums will change too much.  


Not to mention a cool black and red theme :smileysad:

Photobucket

750GB SSHD :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 33 (69 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/06/2014
Online
1451 posts
 

Re: Organization....

2 weeks ago

hjason1 wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

murphdawg1 wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

murphdawg1 wrote:

There used to be alot more but there's been alot of changes with the forums. There used to be sections for even multiplat games but I don't think those got used very much and so alot of the forums with no active mod or community manager(not sure which one) were removed. We'll probably see alot more come online with the different exclusives that will come out.


These forums used to be cool, and they were.  We had cool mods and a pretty great gaming community on here for the longest time.  Now look at them.  (shakes head...)  


In some ways it's much cleaner now and easy to navigate. I am actually surprised there is one already for The Order 1886 but not one for DriveClub.


Yea, it's cleaner and all, but why should you have to ask about a game on the same page where PS4 console questions are being discussed?  I mean, that's silly.  We had an entire page just for the PS2 back in those days, and a page for RPG's, General, Sports, etc.  You never had to fish through a search engine to see a question you may need answered already there. We may get some more organization, maybe a little, but I doubt these forums will change too much.  


Not to mention a cool black and red theme :smileysad:


I remember the theme pages.  General Discussion had Red.  PS2 had Blue.  RPG had Red.  PS+ had Sky Blue.  I believe Sports had Yellow.  Yea, back when we had something nice to go to.  Now, sadly, we have... this.....  

"I say you have a serious problem that needs help. For where is the proof sony is for the gamer? Considering the people who do own a ps4 are not agreeing with you on this matter!!!" (uh-oh)
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 33 (68 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/17/2008
Online
3219 posts
 

Re: Organization....

2 weeks ago

BRIT-KO wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

murphdawg1 wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

murphdawg1 wrote:

There used to be alot more but there's been alot of changes with the forums. There used to be sections for even multiplat games but I don't think those got used very much and so alot of the forums with no active mod or community manager(not sure which one) were removed. We'll probably see alot more come online with the different exclusives that will come out.


These forums used to be cool, and they were.  We had cool mods and a pretty great gaming community on here for the longest time.  Now look at them.  (shakes head...)  


In some ways it's much cleaner now and easy to navigate. I am actually surprised there is one already for The Order 1886 but not one for DriveClub.


@shadoefax - You only registered on June 6th 2014, some 5 weeks ago, how do you remember exactly?

 

@murphdawg1 - Totally agree. and where's the Destiny Sub-Forum?

 

BRIT-KO


I had another account and was here for more than 5 years back in the day.  I was here from 2000-2005 under a different account.  I left because everyone else left and had my account closed.  


@shadoefax - What was it called?

 

BRIT-KO


I was Shadowfax back then.  I tried that account name again but someone else took it when I left.  


Hmmm, ok!

 

BRIT-KO


Speaking of which, how do you remember mr 2010? lol

Photobucket

750GB SSHD :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 33 (66 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/17/2008
Online
3219 posts
 

Re: Organization....

2 weeks ago

shadoefax wrote:

hjason1 wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

murphdawg1 wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

murphdawg1 wrote:

There used to be alot more but there's been alot of changes with the forums. There used to be sections for even multiplat games but I don't think those got used very much and so alot of the forums with no active mod or community manager(not sure which one) were removed. We'll probably see alot more come online with the different exclusives that will come out.


These forums used to be cool, and they were.  We had cool mods and a pretty great gaming community on here for the longest time.  Now look at them.  (shakes head...)  


In some ways it's much cleaner now and easy to navigate. I am actually surprised there is one already for The Order 1886 but not one for DriveClub.


Yea, it's cleaner and all, but why should you have to ask about a game on the same page where PS4 console questions are being discussed?  I mean, that's silly.  We had an entire page just for the PS2 back in those days, and a page for RPG's, General, Sports, etc.  You never had to fish through a search engine to see a question you may need answered already there. We may get some more organization, maybe a little, but I doubt these forums will change too much.  


Not to mention a cool black and red theme :smileysad:


I remember the theme pages.  General Discussion had Red.  PS2 had Blue.  RPG had Red.  PS+ had Sky Blue.  I believe Sports had Yellow.  Yea, back when we had something nice to go to.  Now, sadly, we have... this.....  


I vaguely remember that...

I am like you i lost my old psu name. i signed up in 97 through snail mail..

But i didn't get a pc till the beginning of 99, so i was here a long time.. i love the psu it made sony an awesome company to be part of.

Than slowly you could see greed start to set in, and now we have a company like this...

This forum company runs on wordpress, all sony sites are wordpress now..

 

But, it will change again in about a year or so...

Seems like the trend nowadays with them...

Photobucket

750GB SSHD :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 33 (59 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 05/27/2010
Online
8626 posts
 

Re: Organization....

2 weeks ago

I remember being able to create a thread about a game without it being merged into some mega thread

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 33 (49 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/06/2014
Online
1451 posts
 

Re: Organization....

2 weeks ago

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

I remember being able to create a thread about a game without it being merged into some mega thread


I remember when the mods were an active part of te forums, and we also had 'mini' mods - trustees that also kept an eye on the boards.  Even the Chief Mod, GX Deltan, would get in on the conversation sometimes.  When FF9 was released, he talked to us for ever on the RPG forum about that game, and he was also playing it.  

The mods now really don't interact with us, and they're just there.  I know, they have a job to do, but the mods back then had a job to do as well, and we still had fun with them on the boards.  

Cheatster knew the PS2 front and back, and he became one of the better mods because he knew what he was talking about with the PS2.  We had a private chat room, and the mods would even come to our private chat and talk with us.  We had fuin then. Games were coming out all the time, and the PS2 Reign of Terror on the marketplace was in full swing. 

Now look at it...  

Like Yuna states in FF10-2 in Zanarkand, 'Now look at it.."  

"I say you have a serious problem that needs help. For where is the proof sony is for the gamer? Considering the people who do own a ps4 are not agreeing with you on this matter!!!" (uh-oh)
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 33 (46 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
7601 posts
 

Re: Organization....

2 weeks ago

shadoefax wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

I remember being able to create a thread about a game without it being merged into some mega thread


I remember when the mods were an active part of te forums, and we also had 'mini' mods - trustees that also kept an eye on the boards.  Even the Chief Mod, GX Deltan, would get in on the conversation sometimes.  When FF9 was released, he talked to us for ever on the RPG forum about that game, and he was also playing it.  

The mods now really don't interact with us, and they're just there.  I know, they have a job to do, but the mods back then had a job to do as well, and we still had fun with them on the boards.  

Cheatster knew the PS2 front and back, and he became one of the better mods because he knew what he was talking about with the PS2.  We had a private chat room, and the mods would even come to our private chat and talk with us.  We had fuin then. Games were coming out all the time, and the PS2 Reign of Terror on the marketplace was in full swing. 

Now look at it...  

Like Yuna states in FF10-2 in Zanarkand, 'Now look at it.."  


Yea it's true for the most part, but I've seen some mods stop by every now and then. I do miss the more interaction that was on the older boards though :smileysad:.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 33 (35 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/06/2014
Online
1451 posts
 

Re: Organization....

2 weeks ago

Box9Missingo wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

I remember being able to create a thread about a game without it being merged into some mega thread


I remember when the mods were an active part of te forums, and we also had 'mini' mods - trustees that also kept an eye on the boards.  Even the Chief Mod, GX Deltan, would get in on the conversation sometimes.  When FF9 was released, he talked to us for ever on the RPG forum about that game, and he was also playing it.  

The mods now really don't interact with us, and they're just there.  I know, they have a job to do, but the mods back then had a job to do as well, and we still had fun with them on the boards.  

Cheatster knew the PS2 front and back, and he became one of the better mods because he knew what he was talking about with the PS2.  We had a private chat room, and the mods would even come to our private chat and talk with us.  We had fuin then. Games were coming out all the time, and the PS2 Reign of Terror on the marketplace was in full swing. 

Now look at it...  

Like Yuna states in FF10-2 in Zanarkand, 'Now look at it.."  


Yea it's true for the most part, but I've seen some mods stop by every now and then. I do miss the more interaction that was on the older boards though :smileysad:.


They need to reinstate the old forums format and bring it back.  This one isn't working, and you can see that by the many commentaries on here concerning it.  The old ones were better, like the old games.  They need to be revived.   

"I say you have a serious problem that needs help. For where is the proof sony is for the gamer? Considering the people who do own a ps4 are not agreeing with you on this matter!!!" (uh-oh)
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 33 (32 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
7601 posts
 

Re: Organization....

2 weeks ago

shadoefax wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

I remember being able to create a thread about a game without it being merged into some mega thread


I remember when the mods were an active part of te forums, and we also had 'mini' mods - trustees that also kept an eye on the boards.  Even the Chief Mod, GX Deltan, would get in on the conversation sometimes.  When FF9 was released, he talked to us for ever on the RPG forum about that game, and he was also playing it.  

The mods now really don't interact with us, and they're just there.  I know, they have a job to do, but the mods back then had a job to do as well, and we still had fun with them on the boards.  

Cheatster knew the PS2 front and back, and he became one of the better mods because he knew what he was talking about with the PS2.  We had a private chat room, and the mods would even come to our private chat and talk with us.  We had fuin then. Games were coming out all the time, and the PS2 Reign of Terror on the marketplace was in full swing. 

Now look at it...  

Like Yuna states in FF10-2 in Zanarkand, 'Now look at it.."  


Yea it's true for the most part, but I've seen some mods stop by every now and then. I do miss the more interaction that was on the older boards though :smileysad:.


They need to reinstate the old forums format and bring it back.  This one isn't working, and you can see that by the many commentaries on here concerning it.  The old ones were better, like the old games.  They need to be revived.   


I doubt that'll ever happen, shadoefax :smileysad:. It would be nice though.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 33 (29 Views)