Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 07/07/2009
Online
1998 posts
 

Re: Now beta prices revealed

Jun 19, 2014

I'm so glad that non-disclosure agreements are in full effect here.  I bet this will encourage more private betas since we can be trusted to keep these things secret.  Smiley Indifferent


Check this out if you're on a Vita.
Message 21 of 173 (433 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
10747 posts
 

Re: Now beta prices revealed

Jun 19, 2014

GIRUGUMESH wrote:

Ick. I was hoping for Netflix style pricing, not whatever this is.


Me too. Guess they don't understand what rental means. That means fair pricing in my book, not let's drain your wallet dry ones.

Message 22 of 173 (432 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/14/2012
Offline
149 posts
 

Re: Now beta prices revealed

[ Edited ]
Jun 19, 2014

Box9Missingo wrote:

GIRUGUMESH wrote:

Ick. I was hoping for Netflix style pricing, not whatever this is.


Me too. Guess they don't understand what rental means. That means fair pricing in my book, not let's drain your wallet dry ones.


Same here.  I really had it in my head that this thing was going the Netflix/Hulu route.  Granted, I haven't heard anything from Sony to make me think that, but it just seems the logical way to go.  If these prices are accurate, then I'm just not interested.


Please implement Remote Play in PS4 Xenoverse!
Message 23 of 173 (428 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
10747 posts
 

Re: Now beta prices revealed

Jun 19, 2014

goodSuM wrote:

I'm so glad that non-disclosure agreements are in full effect here.  I bet this will encourage more private betas since we can be trusted to keep these things secret.  Smiley Indifferent


Playing devil's advocate, so they can continue to set things up so that when anything becomes truly public, they can blindly rob people?

 

No offense, but that doesn't seem like all that much fair business, in general.

 

I understand the need for betas to work bugs and issues out and the need for non-disclosure agreements. But this imo, is going too far. The prices are out of bounds. And I don't see why anyone would want to spend that amount of money on just renting a game.

Message 24 of 173 (421 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
26681 posts
 

Re: Now beta prices revealed

Jun 19, 2014

Box9Missingo wrote:

GIRUGUMESH wrote:

Ick. I was hoping for Netflix style pricing, not whatever this is.


Me too. Guess they don't understand what rental means. That means fair pricing in my book, not let's drain your wallet dry ones.


No, it means charging for the temporary use of something. You don't get to redefine the meaning of "rental". What they charge is entirely up to them. 

Message 25 of 173 (418 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
26681 posts
 

Re: Now beta prices revealed

Jun 19, 2014

Box9Missingo wrote:

goodSuM wrote:

I'm so glad that non-disclosure agreements are in full effect here.  I bet this will encourage more private betas since we can be trusted to keep these things secret.  Smiley Indifferent


Playing devil's advocate, so they can continue to set things up so that when anything becomes truly public, they can blindly rob people?

 

No offense, but that doesn't seem like all that much fair business, in general.

 

I understand the need for betas to work bugs and issues out and the need for non-disclosure agreements. But this imo, is going too far. The prices are out of bounds. And I don't see why anyone would want to spend that amount of money on just renting a game.


And if these are not the final prices, then what? The reason you have non-disclosure agreements is for exactly this reason. These prices are probably not final, and they may very well change. Someone blabbing it now to me seems like there's users who are ticked, and want to try and saobtage their plans in some petty act of "gamer outrage". 

 

This is a relatively new field we're getting into, the whole streaming of games. So there's bound to be bumps in the road, and the pricing is one of them. I'm willing to give it a while and let things settle before we start jumping on the whole outraged gamer rip off bandwagon. 

Message 26 of 173 (412 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/03/2013
Online
1827 posts
 

Re: Now beta prices revealed

Jun 19, 2014

Box9Missingo wrote:

GIRUGUMESH wrote:

Ick. I was hoping for Netflix style pricing, not whatever this is.


Me too. Guess they don't understand what rental means. That means fair pricing in my book, not let's drain your wallet dry ones.


Famous-characters-Troll-face-Troll-face-lol-34826.png

Message 27 of 173 (403 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
10747 posts
 

Re: Now beta prices revealed

Jun 19, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

goodSuM wrote:

I'm so glad that non-disclosure agreements are in full effect here.  I bet this will encourage more private betas since we can be trusted to keep these things secret.  Smiley Indifferent


Playing devil's advocate, so they can continue to set things up so that when anything becomes truly public, they can blindly rob people?

 

No offense, but that doesn't seem like all that much fair business, in general.

 

I understand the need for betas to work bugs and issues out and the need for non-disclosure agreements. But this imo, is going too far. The prices are out of bounds. And I don't see why anyone would want to spend that amount of money on just renting a game.


And if these are not the final prices, then what? The reason you have non-disclosure agreements is for exactly this reason. These prices are probably not final, and they may very well change. Someone blabbing it now to me seems like there's users who are ticked, and want to try and saobtage their plans in some petty act of "gamer outrage". 

 

This is a relatively new field we're getting into, the whole streaming of games. So there's bound to be bumps in the road, and the pricing is one of them. I'm willing to give it a while and let things settle before we start jumping on the whole outraged gamer rip off bandwagon. 


Hopefully then they aren't, since they're way out of wack (the 90 day ones).

 

It still doesn't excuse outrageous pricing.

Message 28 of 173 (385 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
10747 posts
 

Re: Now beta prices revealed

Jun 19, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

GIRUGUMESH wrote:

Ick. I was hoping for Netflix style pricing, not whatever this is.


Me too. Guess they don't understand what rental means. That means fair pricing in my book, not let's drain your wallet dry ones.


No, it means charging for the temporary use of something. You don't get to redefine the meaning of "rental". What they charge is entirely up to them. 


Yea. And I wasn't. It's just insane, some of the rental prices. For the 90 day ones especially. People would be better off just buying the games.

Message 29 of 173 (379 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/17/2010
Offline
3345 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Now Prices Revealed

Jun 19, 2014
I'm fine with the prices, if SOCOM 2 or even SOCOM: Confrontation was available to rent on ps now, I would pay those prices without even thinking twice. Everyone knew this wasn't going to be free and Sony put too much work into this to undercut their prices.

I actually feel better about paying those rental fees as opposed to paying for ps+, at least with ps now I pick what games I pay for.
Message 30 of 173 (363 Views)