Uncharted Territory
1754 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus July 2013 Update: BF3, Metal Slug XX and moar

Jul 2, 2013

Mercenary09 wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

Since this month sucks for Vita users, I think the PS+ staff needs some guidance:

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - EU already got it. Would be the ideal candidate because 1) It's not Cross-Buy, so PS3 users with the collection already are probably hesitant to buy it even if they'd really like to play it on their Vita, 2) it would introduce people to the MGS series that may never have played it, which would be very beneficial if a future MGS title is in the works for Vita, and 3) it's highly rated and provides hours upon hours of gameplay with the multiple titles rolled into one.

LBP Vita - Since LBP2 left the PS3 IGC, it would be the perfect time to add this to the IGC. If Gravity Rush and/or Uncharted:GA leave the IGC, it's also a big enough title to be used for PS+ promo materials. It may also provide a bit of good marketing/promoting for Media Molecule's upcoming Vita-exclusive Tearaway. One of the reasons I bought Guacamelee! on Day One was because I absolutely loved Drinkbox's earlier title, Mutant Blobs From Space, which was in the Vita IGC back in November.

Escape Plan or Little Deviants - lumping them both together because my reasoning behind them is the same: both titles were part of the original marketing of the Vita, particularly shown off because of their utilization of Vita's exclusive features (such as the back touchscreen). Reviews were only mediocre and anyone who wanted them probably already owns them, so offering them for "free" wouldn't hurt future sales that much.

Rayman Origins - Rayman Legends has been confirmed for Vita, so this would be a good way to get people interested, similar to how Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus was offered prior to NGSP2's release.

LEGO The Lord of the Rings - LEGO Batman 2 has a bundle, otherwise I'd say that since LOTR is newer. But similar to Rayman Origins, with LEGO Marvel  Super Heroes expected at the end of the year, it would be a good way to get interest.

Ok people keep asking for games such as LBP Vita and Escape Plan and its pointless. Those games are made by Sony and will not be included until they rotate their games out most likely in Nov/Dec. Stop expecting them to be free every month its not going to happen.

Notice how I said if UGA or GR left, LBP Vita would be a worthy replacement. And you are completely wrong about Escape Plan - that was developed by Fun Bit Interactive, a third party studio.

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 144 (879 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3320 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus July Preview/July 2nd 2013 Update: BF3 Free for Members, Summer Blast Discount

Jul 2, 2013

Ok.. in an attempt to get a jump on the download for Battlefield 3, I went and clicked to download the full game trial. Now it's downloading, but the icon has the bag on it and says I purchased the game today in my downloads list.
Anyone can clarify for me whats going on here?

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 144 (871 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1754 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus July Preview/July 2nd 2013 Update: BF3 Free for Members, Summer Blast Discount

Jul 2, 2013

PayneKiller1509 wrote:

Ok.. in an attempt to get a jump on the download for Battlefield 3, I went and clicked to download the full game trial. Now it's downloading, but the icon has the bag on it and says I purchased the game today in my downloads list.

The Store hasn't updated yet

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 144 (860 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6853 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013

PayneKiller1509 wrote:

It's a little confusing when it comes to downloading full game trials (which is what you are actually downloading), since the store does not differentiate the full game trial from the full game.  They are technically the same item, the only difference being that the FGT carries a 60 minute license, and the full game does not (though the PS+ license will only grant you access to the game until the end of your current subscription).  The red bag will show from now on, even though you only 'purchased' the FGT.

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 144 (853 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
617 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013
Man battlefield 3 is awesome but to bad I can't join the fight I got mad skills on battlefield. I hope someone would pm me for the battlefield 3. Only I have is battlefield 1943 and I'm in general rank. However, I wish I had that game so bad. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 144 (820 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Jul 2, 2013
then pay for psn plus is only 5$ every month is not allot
 photo f797777c-46dc-4bc6-aa23-257ca99d60c6_zps6040a0e4.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 144 (804 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Jul 2, 2013

anyone able to get bf3 yet?

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 144 (774 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Jul 2, 2013
nope eu got gt6 and the bf3 we have to wait I guess
 photo f797777c-46dc-4bc6-aa23-257ca99d60c6_zps6040a0e4.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 144 (767 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
2482 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013

aceofshank027 wrote:

anyone able to get bf3 yet?

Yes I have, you will not see it on the store, but if you select the what's new tab (under playstation network)  you will see it as the upper right tab, now select the game and then Download. Enjoy and happy gaming. 

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 144 (715 Views)
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Jul 2, 2013

THANK YOU!!!! never even thought to look there. noticed the summer sale on the top left also. didnt go into it but after bf3 downloads hopefully batman is on sale for 5 bucks and itll be an epic night of gaming!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 144 (698 Views)
0 Likes