Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
655 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus July Preview/July 2nd 2013 Update: BF3 Free for Members, Summer Blast Discount

Jul 3, 2013
Very thankful Sony dropped the price on the rachet and clank series bundle. Glad I waited a week so I can save some of dat MoNaY.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
YouTube.com/HiTMaNHuntr

Message 91 of 144 (766 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3321 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus July Preview/July 2nd 2013 Update: BF3 Free for Members, Summer Blast Discount

Jul 3, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

PayneKiller1509 wrote:

Ok.. in an attempt to get a jump on the download for Battlefield 3, I went and clicked to download the full game trial. Now it's downloading, but the icon has the bag on it and says I purchased the game today in my downloads list.
Anyone can clarify for me whats going on here?

It's a little confusing when it comes to downloading full game trials (which is what you are actually downloading), since the store does not differentiate the full game trial from the full game.  They are technically the same item, the only difference being that the FGT carries a 60 minute license, and the full game does not (though the PS+ license will only grant you access to the game until the end of your current subscription).  The red bag will show from now on, even though you only 'purchased' the FGT.

Ok, it was interesting seeing what happened, but I didn't actually finish downloading it til a while after the store updated.
What happened was, it still came as a full game trial with the timer and all. Then it needed a near 3gig patch or so and I couldn't play it without that, so I fell asleep while that was going on. My PS3 is set to shut off after an hour of inactivity.

Woke up to check it, info said the game expired, but I pressed X to load it up anyway.. been playing it for the past 3 hours or so.

So what I'm saying is, it looks like it will download as a full game trial initially, but when you attempt to load it it will check it's status with the PS Store and update accordingly. Now it has the expiration date of my subscription next year and I didn't need to go in the store or anything. Also now that I checked the store, it has a new purchase date (today) in my downloads list.

Sorry Steve if I only repeated what you said but I didn't fully understand your response initially.

Message 92 of 144 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Jul 3, 2013

ive never played bf3. guess this is my chance :smileyvery-happy:

KZMProductionsGT
Message 93 of 144 (698 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
3382 posts

Jul 3, 2013

hitmanhuntr wrote:
Very thankful Sony dropped the price on the rachet and clank series bundle. Glad I waited a week so I can save some of dat MoNaY.

It is a great deal, probably going to get it myself. 

Message 94 of 144 (692 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Ohhh cant wait to DL Munches oddysee  :heart:

Message 95 of 144 (560 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
496 posts

Jul 5, 2013
I was about to ask if anyone saw Oddworld at the top of the screen. I guess we'll be getting that on Tuesday. It's not like it's a big surprise though. It was 50/50 between that and Jet Set Radio. Personally, this wasn't a great month. I already have BF3. Of all of the months to copy EU, they do it this month. Plus I already have Jet Set on Vita.

Message 96 of 144 (555 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 6, 2013

i donloaded bf3 but it gave me the sixty miniut play time but i donloaded the full game on playstaition plus

Message 97 of 144 (518 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus July 2013 Update: BF3, Metal Slug XX and moar

Jul 6, 2013

I love this brilliant game playstation

Message 98 of 144 (517 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 6, 2013

i have a problem before batttlefield 3 was free on playstation plus i downloaded the time trail and four days ago i was trying to download it but every time im down downloading it its a time trail i dont know what to do its very annoying for me i would like it if someone help me with this cause i really want to play it please someone help me!!

Message 99 of 144 (484 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
434 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Sadly for me I only like Munch's Oddysee. I should try Jet Set Radio though.

Message 100 of 144 (465 Views)
0 Likes