Oct 11, 2013

I guess its a good thing we're not getting metal gear rising

Message 91 of 126 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
569 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus: October Preview

Oct 11, 2013

Actually if you look at the Eu blog people are upset there's only 2 games for November.

sig by Grindhead_Jim
Message 92 of 126 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Oct 11, 2013

al2009man wrote:

iREVOLTER wrote:

EU:

Leaving PS+:
23. October: Far Cry 3
23. October: Mafia 2
23. October: Spec Ops The Line
23. October: Street Fighter X Tekken
23. October: Touch My Katamari

Coming to PS+
23. October: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
23. October: Remember Me
23. October: Oddworld Stranger's Wrath
23. October: MotorStorm RC

This looks sick!

Two ok games and 1 Vita indie title.

and one that i already own

Decent enought for Europe

Remember Me is a highly underrated game. Played it on PC and it's got a great story and stunning visuals. Many sites knocked it for not being open-world, but I don't get why a game should be punished for that.

The Vita games actually make sense from a business standpoint: Oddworld Big'N'Tasty is coming to Vita, and we've yet to get a Vita racing title as IGC (unless EU already did, I'm not sure).

Message 93 of 126 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Oct 11, 2013

teeborg wrote:

Actually if you look at the Eu blog people are upset there's only 2 games for November.

And based on an official reply, it looks like that may be the case from here on out:

"From this month PlayStation Plus membership users will be given access to two PlayStation 3 titles. The PS Vita monthly updates are remaining the same and members will have access to two new PS Vita titles every month. Good news is that with the impeding launch of PS4, the great news for PS Plus members is that existing membership automatically covers PS4 as well as PS3 and PS Vita, so watch this space!”"

So IGC will be:

1 PS4

2 PS3

2 PSV

I wonder if that will be the case in the US as well.

In any case, don't forget that it's almost guaranteed Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and Wipeout get swapped for other titles, so I don't think this is all for EU PS+ in November - I'm guessing they don't want to divulge those just yet as to avoid spoiling the surprise in NA.

Message 94 of 126 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Oct 11, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

And based on an official reply, it looks like that may be the case from here on out:

"From this month PlayStation Plus membership users will be given access to two PlayStation 3 titles. The PS Vita monthly updates are remaining the same and members will have access to two new PS Vita titles every month. Good news is that with the impeding launch of PS4, the great news for PS Plus members is that existing membership automatically covers PS4 as well as PS3 and PS Vita, so watch this space!”"

So IGC will be:

1 PS4

2 PS3

2 PSV

Oh, man, that's just plain awesomesauce, right there.  As a guy who is keeping his PS3, jus bought a Vita, and just paid off his PS4 preorder, that's amazing news.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 95 of 126 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Oct 11, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

So IGC will be:

1 PS4

2 PS3

2 PSV

Oh, man, that's just plain awesomesauce, right there.  As a guy who is keeping his PS3, jus bought a Vita, and just paid off his PS4 preorder, that's amazing news.

Actually, not really - originally everyone thought it would be 1 PS4, 3 PS3, 2 PSV...in other words, exactly what we're getting now, but with PS4 tacked on. So we're technically losing one PS3 game. May not matter to you, but it may **bleep** off some people that plan on sticking with the PS3 awhile longer.

However, also note that the PS4 launch IGC is going to actually be two games: DriveClub & Resogun.

Message 96 of 126 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Oct 11, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Actually, not really - originally everyone thought it would be 1 PS4, 3 PS3, 2 PSV...in other words, exactly what we're getting now, but with PS4 tacked on. So we're technically losing one PS3 game. May not matter to you, but it may **bleep** off some people that plan on sticking with the PS3 awhile longer.

However, also note that the PS4 launch IGC is going to actually be two games: DriveClub & Resogun.

Yeah, I can see how that might irk some folks, but, I have to say, 2 games a month is still a great deal. I was actually worried that it would go 1, 1, and 1.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 97 of 126 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
569 posts

Oct 11, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Yeah, I can see how that might irk some folks, but, I have to say, 2 games a month is still a great deal. I was actually worried that it would go 1, 1, and 1.

Is there an official policy with US PS+, especially concerning ps3 games? Specifically, when does the ps3 IGC stop?

sig by Grindhead_Jim
Message 98 of 126 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4466 posts

Oct 11, 2013

No offense guys but this topic is to discuss NA's October Plus update. If you want to talk about EU's November update you need to make another thread for it as it doesn't belong in here. Stay on topic.

Message 99 of 126 (217 Views)
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Oct 11, 2013

Mercenary09 wrote:

No offense guys but this topic is to discuss NA's October Plus update. If you want to talk about EU's November update you need to make another thread for it as it doesn't belong in here. Stay on topic.

Last I checked, you're not a moderator. Report the posts if you have a problem with them and leave it for the mods to decide.

@teeborg, they haven't released any official statement on a PS3 IGC end date, but they have confirmed that it will continue past the PS4 launch. I'd say it'll definitely last a year, maybe even two - but by year two, maybe they change it to 2 PS4, 1 PS3, 2 PSV. But who knows...everything may change once Gaikai is launched...maybe they'll provide some games through there instead.

Message 100 of 126 (210 Views)
0 Likes